Texas vs tceh - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

From a pure resume standpoint, Texas should be in over Oregon and Alabama (assuming conference win) and shouldn’t really be close. 

Oregon SOS is weak (vs. Texas too 10 schedule) and has an 8 pt win vs a 50 pt win over the common opponent  
Texas will have H2H road win over Alabama no matter what happens.

The “Bama should be in as SEC champ” is weak as both teams would be conference winners with one loss (and think Texas SOS is better anyway). 
Unless you're on the committee and have some influence over the others, none of this means Jack diddly fuck.

I hope we get in but not counting on it. With 12 teams from here on out we'll get our shot at the CFB playoffs soon.

People bitchin about QE is stupid. Meaningless in this game.

But VERY relevant for the next game (and the one that follows), and let’s be honest, he hasn’t exactly been lighting it up since he came back.

He wasn’t great tonight and we need him to be better down the stretch. I know he has it in him!
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Opponent in the big 12 title game doesn't matter at this point. 

If FSU loses and we win, we should be in as big 12 champs with the best win of the season for any team over Alabama on the road and the #9 strength of schedule in the country. 1 loss Alabama, Washington, Michigan, OSU, or Georgia shouldn't be in over us as any of none of them has the quality win we do and their loss would be at the end of the season costing them the conference title. 

That's the path. If Washington, FSU, OSU/Michigan winner, and Georgia win out we're out automatically as all 4 would be undefeated. 

If we play OU and win, we have an argument to pass FSU.... just saying 

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I want to alternate Tech or TCU every year as one of our non-conference games. Don’t care about the rest. 

Why? Why play an in state team in non conference that's going to make you their super bowl and use it to recruit against you if they win when you're playing an SEC schedule and there's a 12 team playoff? Honestly, starting next year there's ZERO reason to play anyone but tune up preseason type games in non conference. UTEP, Rice, Texas St, North Texas and a revolving slate of directional Louisiana teams should be the non cons every season in the new format. With the playoff and prospect of playing 3+ playoff games at the end of the season you don't want to wear out on tough teams early anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Party_Taco said:

But VERY relevant for the next game (and the one that follows), and let’s be honest, he hasn’t exactly been lighting it up since he came back.

He wasn’t great tonight and we need him to be better down the stretch. I know he has it in him!

And yet what I said is correct, he will be fine, this offense will be fine.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Arch walks out and the stadium is like

giphy.gif

And yet, ABC missed it. 

14 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

are you out of your vulcan mind?

FUCK THAT.

the only time we play any of those fucks in football again is in a bowl game. 

lulz

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

From a pure resume standpoint, Texas should be in over Oregon and Alabama (assuming conference win) and shouldn’t really be close. 

Oregon SOS is weak (vs. Texas too 10 schedule) and has an 8 pt win vs a 50 pt win over the common opponent  

Texas will have H2H road win over Alabama no matter what happens.

The “Bama should be in as SEC champ” is weak as both teams would be conference winners with one loss (and think Texas SOS is better anyway). 

Texas beat tech by 50

Oregon beat tech by 8

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Why? Why play an in state team in non conference that's going to make you their super bowl and use it to recruit against you if they win when you're playing an SEC schedule and there's a 12 team playoff? Honestly, starting next year there's ZERO reason to play anyone but tune up preseason type games in non conference. UTEP, Rice, Texas St, North Texas and a revolving slate of directional Louisiana teams should be the non cons every season in the new format. With the playoff and prospect of playing 3+ playoff games at the end of the season you don't want to wear out on tough teams early anymore. 

Meh. Maybe. 
but my ass is going to Ann Arbor next year, because that game will be the tits

Edited by oh_snap
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Their fans were fucking cool throughout the entirety of our time in the B12 sorry you were too poor to go kick it with them.

Show us on the doll where Matt Campbell touched you....

Too poor to go to Ames, Iowa? 

Are you fucking retarded? 

Fuck Iowa State and Fuck you too

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ousux said:

Unless you're on the committee and have some influence over the others, none of this means Jack diddly fuck.

I hope we get in but not counting on it. With 12 teams from here on out we'll get our shot at the CFB playoffs soon.

I am on the committee. But don’t have much influence so guess you’re right. 

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The B12 switched the verbiage around on tiebreaker rule #2 head to head. Now if they all finish at 7-2 OSU goes on head to head tiebreaker

but what if osu loses and KSU wins?

ou and KSU didnt play each other, so then it goes to the bonkers tie breakers.... and I THINK KSU wins out based on their best mutual team loss. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Have no issue with Iowa State fans. In terms of the way they treat Texas and opposing fans they are some of the best in the country. It’s their cunty, mouthy coach that is the issue. And it appears his cuntiness rubbed off on that left guard who ran his mouth before Sweat committed hate crimes all night against him. Coaches come and go so I have no issue playing them in the future. 

But fuck anyone in the mouth who thinks we should be playing Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston or Oklahoma State. There is nothing but downside for us playing them. Let them die a slow death into obscurity where they belong. 

Bingo

They are all nothing to us and never should've been. WWE is not even a real football league next year and their champ could be left out of the playoff if not for some dumb rule letting them in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

but what if osu loses and KSU wins?

ou and KSU didnt play each other, so then it goes to the bonkers tie breakers.... and I THINK KSU wins out based on their best mutual team loss. 

KSU lost to us and OU beat us so that becomes their tiebreaker if OSU isn't in the mix

Slorch was a good poster before Shaggy and on that other board. I am not sorry his team’s ass got kicked just like I am not sorry his nephew’s Corn Aggy team choked away another game. Fuck Tech and fuck the Huskers too.

23 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Slorch is a good poster.  Sorry his team got their asses kicked tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Have no issue with Iowa State fans. In terms of the way they treat Texas and opposing fans they are some of the best in the country. It’s their cunty, mouthy coach that is the issue. And it appears his cuntiness rubbed off on that left guard who ran his mouth before Sweat committed hate crimes all night against him. Coaches come and go so I have no issue playing them in the future. 

But fuck anyone in the mouth who thinks we should be playing Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston or Oklahoma State. There is nothing but downside for us playing them. Let them die a slow death into obscurity where they belong. 

Oh, every person with me at the game last week thought their fans were petulant assholes. But I forgive them. 

• immamac unpinned this topic