Alamo Bowl - Arizona vs Oklahoma

Constant

25 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Turnover sword is a good bit 😆 

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mike-Leach-jealous-of-turnover-sword-Arizona-used-to-spear-Mississippi-States-footballs-in-Week-2-game-193456613/

The Mississippi State football team had multiple footballs destroyed by the University of Arizona during the Bulldogs' Week 2 win at Arizona after the Wildcats showed off a "turnover sword," spearing footballs with a cactus-shaped sword that were recovered in turnovers forced by the Arizona defense. Mississippi State coach Mike Leach, during his weekly radio show, was asked if he felt the Wildcats should have been penalized for their actions involving an opponent's property. But Leach laughed it off in a spiel, saying he was "jealous" he didn't think of the same idea for Mississippi State before saying he's confident Arizona will compensate for the footballs.

"Well, I think it was three (footballs speared)," Leach said. "It might have been four. If it was four, one of those was just a dress rehearsal for them because we turned it over three times. If you want to end it, don't turn the ball over. I'm not terribly sympathetic to our side. I'm a little jealous I did not think of this. But with that said, I would think we ought to send them an invoice and obviously they have to make us whole with the four balls they destroyed. One of them they weren't entitled to destroy. On top of that, I know there is a certain amount of Millennial safe space sort of stress with this thing. So they certainly owe us for that. In this day and age when everybody can whine about anything and be rewarded for it, we certainly ought to be able to and we deserve our just rewards around it. I say whine one, whine all and let's see what we can squeeze out of the University of Arizona since they destroyed our footballs."

• Like 1