Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Data shows that the investment almost always yields significant benefit within a generation of said investment. 

Please provide.  I'd love to see the lifetime net benefit we receive in tax dollars from welfare recipients.   

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Man, it's almost like it's not my fucking problem. 

200w(14).gif.542acac2f425914147a0e1cb4df7a830.gif

well. at least you don't pretend to be a Christian!* 👍

* i don't actually know if you do, but fake 'caring' about others is a prerequisite for that club, and since you can't even muster that im going to assume no. so you've got that going for you, which is nice. 🙄

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I'd love to see the lifetime net benefit we receive in tax dollars from welfare recipients.

This is going to sound really crazy but guess who said the following quote? (hint hint... his words are in red)

"13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, texasdago said:

This is going to sound really crazy but guess who said the following quote? (hint hint... his words are in red)

"13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Please see above post about fairy tales. 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Please see above post about fairy tales. 

Not that one must be religious to guide their morality, but what's really going on here is that you've constructed your own moral compass that confirms and codifies any and all assumptions you conjure in that hateful skull of yours.

Nothing we say is going to change your mind. However, there is mountains of evidence (from democratic countries all over the world) that show you are wrong.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Except it is your problem. The most stabilizing force in the United States has been proven to be a reduction in childhood poverty. It also works in the inverse - i.e., it's the most impactful predictor of a child's life trajectory (spoiler - bad). Poor children aren't doing something malicious to have this happen to them. Not everyone can have jobs that pay them/their family above the median household income. How do we reduce childhood poverty without tax revenue? What's your idea for an alternative source of revenue for the federal government?

Fuck them kids. I. Got. Mine. What's so fucking difficult for you aggrieved libruls to understand?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

He knows these numbers. He's been told them dozens of times. It doesn't fit the narrative that he's spent a lifetime constructing, so they can't be allowed in. 

Just as he knows that they're not just passing out money to anyone with student loan debt, and that you have to meet a certain criteria (namely, you've already been paying your debts+interest for a very long time) to qualify.

Not a lot of room for nuance in the guns and taxes brigade, I'm afraid.

The absence of empathy is common among psychopaths.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, 'stache said:

Now that he's gotten his say over and over and over again the advertisers are finally gonna support surly again!

UT's NIL is going to be lit this year now that the CR is finally allowing enlightened conservative political discourse like this!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, royiv said:

Are you talking about Trump now?

Or the banks after 2008? Or all the mega corps after Covid? Or all the companies that escape their debts in bankruptcy? Nope, just the poors, fuck em.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Prepare your anus 1

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No, I keep those fairy tales right alongside Briskets anecdotes.  Like the projects are pumping out lifetime attorneys on the reg. 

I don’t understand the (racist) argument here. Are you insinuating that we should do away with government subsidized housing?

6 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

The absence of empathy is common among psychopaths.

sociopath, not psychopath. he has a murder dildo fetish and total disregard for other people, but he isn't violent and hasn't actually killed anyone. that we know of. yet. 😐

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

It’s like a train wreck watching someone continually show their ass. How someone can be so ignorant and intellectually stupid is quite breathtaking.

He's not. Well, at least not quite to this degree.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He gets off on it.

It's this. Someone had to fill Johnny Sack's "watch me be an unrepentant, horrible piece of shit online for funsies" void.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Pay. Your. Voluntary. Debts.    

How is that difficult to understand?  

Sure seems like a good question to ask those that received PPP loans but magically didn't have to pay them back.  Something something largest wealth transfer in history during this time.... 

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, royiv said:

I don’t understand the (racist) argument here. Are you insinuating that we should do away with government subsidized housing?

Why is this racist (aside from it's something you don't agree with)?

No, unfortunately, we will always be stuck housing cant get rights.  Just hunting the data @Brisketexan says is clear.  The anecdote of the kid raised by a college educated father who worked in oil and gas and provided his kid private school until college, who then received free college, who turned out to make it.  What a story.  Crazy to think kids raised by college educated parents who work in a well paying field, and then attend private primary school can make it as long as they get help with free college.  I'm sure that's what turned that worm. 

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What the hell is wrong with you people? 
Why do you insist on wasting a Friday afternoon going round and round with someone who isn’t going to change their mind and LOVES these back and forths? He gets off on it.

tenor(25).gif.06f118ec994e1091da1e637ca3766ef8.gifsissy-and-bud-fine-forget-it.gif.a0679cc88df8e4f3512b5881a155e8d2.gif

Why is this racist (aside from it's something you don't agree with)?

No, unfortunately, we will always be stuck housing cant get rights.  Just hunting the data @Brisketexan says is clear.  The anecdote of the kid raised by a college educated father who worked in oil and gas and provided his kid private school until college, who then received free college, who turned out to make it.  What a story.  Crazy to think kids raised by college educated parents who work in a well paying field, and then attend private primary school can make it as long as they get help with free college.  I'm sure that's what turned that worm. 

"College educated parents."  You mean my dad, who ended up at A&M by a fluke?  And who didn't actually make any real money (he was in a gov't job my whole childhood) until well after I was out of the house?  And my mom....who was lucky to graduate high school, and didn't have a pot to piss in till she lucked into marrying my dad (it helped that my mom was a knockout, helped her get a good fella)?  The parents who raised me in an entry-level shit house at the end of a barely paved road (well, it got paved when I was in high school)?  The ones who sacrificed like hell to put me in those schools?  THOSE parents?

But nevermind my story.  Check out the actual data I linked.  It's fucking obvious and intuitive, but maybe that will get through your sociopathy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh, I couldn’t help but noticed you listed a bunch of items that are available to everyone, not just those cherry picked by their inability to be a productive member of society.   Weird.  

No. You and I have far greater access to all the things (schools, highways, emergency services, etc) ostensibly available to “everyone” in both quality and quantity than those who receive “welfare” and are thus subsidized to a far greater degree. That’s not even controversial.

It’s a pet peeve of mine. When lucky and rich people pretend they aren’t rich or lucky and resent efforts to provide some semblance of equality of opportunities and a minimum standard of living. You might as well be huffing around the parking lot muttering about how the handicapped are cherry picked to receive the best parking spots. Come on, man. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 9

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"College educated parents."  You mean my dad, who ended up at A&M by a fluke?  And who didn't actually make any real money (he was in a gov't job my whole childhood) until well after I was out of the house?  And my mom....who was lucky to graduate high school, and didn't have a pot to piss in till she lucked into marrying my dad (it helped that my mom was a knockout, helped her get a good fella)?  The parents who raised me in an entry-level shit house at the end of a barely paved road (well, it got paved when I was in high school)?  The ones who sacrificed like hell to put me in those schools?  THOSE parents?

But nevermind my story.  Check out the actual data I linked.  It's fucking obvious and intuitive, but maybe that will get through your sociopathy.

Yes, your college educated father (parent, my bad) who worked in oil and gas and struggled to put you into private schools.   I'm sure the educated family and superior primary education you received wasn't a factor at all in your success.  It was very obviously the taxpayer funded stuff.  I understand you like this anecdote, but it's not your strongest argument.  

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

When rich people pretend they aren’t rich

I wish.  

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes, your college educated father (parent, my bad) who worked in oil and gas and struggled to put you into private schools.   I'm sure the educated family and superior primary education you received wasn't a factor at all in your success.  It was very obviously the taxpayer funded stuff.  I understand you like this anecdote, but it's not your strongest argument.  

I wish.  

Wait, you think you are poor? 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

you know, maius bonum

Or, to go capitalist: dividends and returns.

Take it next level: calculate the COSTS of the failure to invest.

I'd rather spend $6k a year for public school education for a kid than $40k a year for incarceration of that kid when he becomes a failed adult because he wasn't educated.  Failure to invest leads to multiplied costs to mitigate the harm caused by that lack of investment.

Don't invest in new factory equipment?  Spend more both when it eventually breaks down, and lose money when you've suffered lower sales because of your shitty equipment for years.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I wish.  

How about the mother who might not have even been alive but for gov't subsidized housing and gov't cheese that kept her alive, because she happened to be born to an abusive father her alcoholic mother had to flee?  No fault of my mom's - she was a fucking child.  But without that government help, she wouldn't have even been around to raise a positive economic input (me).

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Wait, you think you are poor? 

No?  I quoted Bozo saying that I was not rich.  As I'm certain you are aware, there is a wide berth between the two.  What post gave you that impression I feel poor?

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

How about the mother who might not have even been alive but for gov't subsidized housing and gov't cheese that kept her alive, because she happened to be born to an abusive father her alcoholic mother had to flee?  No fault of my mom's - she was a fucking child.  But without that government help, she wouldn't have even been around to raise a positive economic input (me).

Well, I've known your online persona for long enough to know you have an anecdote for any situation - I shouldn't be surprised.  

There's no doubt we have to take care of kids (and unfortunately) their sometimes bad parents.  That's not in the same stratosphere as purchasing lifetime votes from college educated adults who didnt "meet their potential".     At a minimum, it's picking winners and losers.  But it's actually using everyones dollars to purchase millions of lifetime voters.  You're full of shit to claim otherwise. 

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

In that case you are likely rich in every meaningful sense of that word, except spirit.

I feel fine.  We just have different ideas of our "community"

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Please provide.  I'd love to see the lifetime net benefit we receive in tax dollars from welfare recipients.   

Each dollar of initial spending on Medicaid expansion for children yielded $1.78 in future tax revenue and savings on government transfer programs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=return+on+dollar+spent+on+welfare&oq=return+on+dollar+spent+on+wel&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBggGECEYFTIGCAAQRRg5MgcIARAhGKABMgcIAhAhGKABMgcIAxAhGKABMgcIBBAhGKABMgcIBRAhGKABMgYIBhAhGBXSAQkxNTg3OWoxajeoAhSwAgE&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#ip=1&sbfbu=1&pi=return on dollar spent on welfare

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1