2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

Laredo getting fucking pounded by a ginormous super cell that's been dropping probably huge tornadoes over Mexico for the past four hours or so. Tennis ball hail and 70mph winds.

... Not that it helps us at all. Fucking bullshit weather day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, boknowstecmo said:

Laredo getting fucking pounded by a ginormous super cell that's been dropping probably huge tornadoes over Mexico for the past four hours or so. Tennis ball hail and 70mph winds.

... Not that it helps us at all. Fucking bullshit weather day. 

That cell is insane. Holy shit.

IMG_1489.thumb.png.a0aa74921bad2ff43b5e1b50382e8d27.png

On 3/15/2024 at 1:43 PM, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Last summer was child’s play compared to what’s coming. 

We aren’t getting shit today. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

Answer to your user name?

• Haha 2

We were camping in brazos bend last night. Got heavy rain around 6p plus haul, then a break until sometime around midnight I guess. Crazy amount of lightning. On our way out today, not far from the park, we saw a power line pole snapped in half and tbe wooden fence farther off the road looked like something ran through it. Wild night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, elfenix said:

got an 1.25" in 30 minutes yesterday per flood control

Didn't get shit, piss, or fuck in NW Travis.  

22 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

We'll see how this one flames out

GIF-240316_234827.thumb.gif.602ab1bac3c5c65feb6e25dfd84283c6.gif

The Austin FF farts in this storm's general direction.

Posted (edited)

Dry air pushing in from the west about to fuck us again. This system fucked around for too long- too little, too late.

It’s so shitty that every forecasted “significant multi-day rain event” always seems to get squashed down to a few hours of an overnight MCS moving through on the way out.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I dunno dude I think it may actually be happening. 

I opened a bottle of wine that my wife is gonna be mad at me for opening when she wakes up but I wanted to stay up and savor this if it happened. 

Oh it’s definitely gonna rain some. Just not exactly what could’ve been. I suppose I shouldn’t bitch.

Enjoy the wine, good luck in the morning…

I decided a few days ago to blow my mulched leaves into the street at the consternation of my neighbors because I was convinced the upcoming monsoon would wash them away into the greenbelt the same day. Hoping tonight grants me that wish before my neighbors come at me with pitchforks. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

we are at .7 inches from last night, but look at this split - I consider the Travis and LBJ watersheds the Travis watershed bc LBJ is constant level and we whiffed…. again (not that a single inch would do anything). Still, one after the other after another, our water source is just cursed. 

IMG_4438.jpeg

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

This weather has been so awesome I’m choosing to ignore all my problems today. I loved every minute of it. Sitting outside right now listening to some fantastic music and drinking a nice burgundy after dinner and just breathing that cool clean air. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

March looking like it will come it at under 1" at my place (forecast through the end of the month is "drier than normal.")

Thanks El Nino.