Bo Davis got in the mother fucker - Now DL Coach at LSU for ~1.5M/yr

bschoolprof

So he wasn't willing to wait 3.5 GD months for his son to get into a much better school?  What the actual fuck.  That makes no sense.
Louisiana kid, always wanted to go to LSU just like dad. It may not make much sense to us, but I'm sure it does to Bo.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, ousux said:
58 minutes ago, DixonHur said:
So he wasn't willing to wait 3.5 GD months for his son to get into a much better school?  What the actual fuck.  That makes no sense.

Louisiana kid, 

I doubt he remembers ever living in Louisiana.  Doesn't mean the school wasn't a draw because of dad, but Bo was out of there by the time Beau was 3.

I doubt he remembers ever living in Louisiana.  Doesn't mean the school wasn't a draw because of dad, but Bo was out of there by the time Beau was 3.
Doesn't mean the entire fam moved around with Bo, no idea about that. Seems he went Juco then directional Louisiana for football so there's some connection there.

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Doesn't mean the entire fam moved around with Bo, no idea about that. Seems he went Juco then directional Louisiana for football so there's some connection there.

Beau went to high school outside of Detroit when Bo was coaching for the Lions.  I certainly don't know if he followed along for all of Bo's moves, but they were pretty close knit, I wouldn't assume otherwise.

At any rate, I wouldn't criticize a chance to coach one's kid along with a pay raise.  Sounds like we just couldn't make things work out.

2 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I hate this, but somehow knew it would happen. 

Yeah, me too.  My initial reaction was rage, but then I remembered that the only reason this is happening is because we are good again.

So, we're going to have to get used to schools poaching our coaches.  It reminds me of a boss I had once who always wanted his employees interviewing for other jobs because he didn't want employees that no one else wanted.

1st world problems.

• Like 1

He isn’t leaving because of his son. If that was the case they wouldn’t have needed to give him a raise. But I’m surprised we didn’t match or offer more. This is a massive blow. Especially to getting more DL in the portal. 
He was getting a raise, son or no son. Any team seriously making a run at him means auto-raise no matter where he ends up.
Why?  It's not like he's good enough to make it into the 3 deep anyway
Tell that to Bo...straight to his face.
  • Like 1

Kudos on the thread title <said with mixed feelings>

Top ten paid NCAA DL coaches list from a few months back.
Are we interested in any of these guys?

1. Larry Johnson -- $1.167 million
2. Elijah Robinson, Texas A&M -- $1.1 million
3. Bo Davis, Texas -- $1 million
3. Tray Scott, Georgia -- $1 million
3. Sean Spencer, Florida -- $1 million
6. Brian Williams, Maryland^ -- $850,000
7. Nick Eason, Clemson -- $800,000
8. Rodney Garner, Tennessee+ -- $775,000
9. Freddie Roach, Alabama -- $750,000
10. Mark Hagen, Purdue -- $700,000
10. Jimmy Lindsey, LSU -- $700,000
10. John Papuchis, Florida State* -- $700,000

14 minutes ago, ousux said:

Tell that to Bo...straight to his face.

Well, we don't exactly run in the same circles, but if I see him and the topic comes up, sure.  

If he punches me I'll just dial the 4's and be a rich man. haha

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

this is what happens when you hire really good people and you win.  they get plucked away for promotions/more $$$.  the Sarkisian Coaching Tree is starting to grow.

let's go hire another bad ass and keep on winning.  the line of stud candidates forms to the left.  we are Texas.

Username NOT checking out. This is no jive. Hammer, meet nail.

While it’s not idea, it’s also not the end of the world.

Next! 🤘🏻

Too lazy to look upstream so I’m sure this point has already been made, but if our program gets to where we all want it to be we’re going to be dealing with this shit on an annual basis. You can argue that we shouldn’t be losing someone to a lateral move, but it doesn’t change the fact that if we’re a top 3 program, we’re going to be cycling through position coaches / coordinators every year…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Joke's on him.  Now he has to change his name to Beaux Davis.  He's going to be hiring someone to stand in DMV lines and sit while on hold a lot.

FIFY.  1.5m means you don't do either of these.