Fire Rodney Terry

MuellerHorn

58 minutes ago, Helobious said:

We’ve made the sweet 16 eleven times, ever. Including pre-tourney expansion. For Texas, making the sweet 16 is a massive accomplishment. Go cry about it.

What have you done with Helo. Is he in a closet somewhere? We need answers.

7 minutes ago, HookEm said:

If he wins tonight, I would probably put this thread on ice for a while.

I'm one of those horrible middle-ground types who believes Terry has already bought himself more time. Not an extension, mind you, but I don't think his seat is hot nor should it be.

Doesn't mean I think he's the best man for the job--I don't--it just means the motivation for all this arguing and bitching escapes me.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Doesn't mean I think he's the best man for the job--I don't--it just means the motivation for all this arguing and bitching escapes me.

Maybe yah don't want to read this thread 😋

It's called "Fire Rodney Terry"

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

We’ve made the sweet 16 eleven times, ever. Including pre-tourney expansion. For Texas, making the sweet 16 is a massive accomplishment. Go cry about it.

quit getting your panties in a bunch.  LOL.  OMG we made the sweet 16 we are awesome!  you are comparing RT to the Shaka Smart years.  that dude sucked ass and it has mind fucked everyone.  

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

quit getting your panties in a bunch.  LOL.  OMG we made the sweet 16 we are awesome!  you are comparing RT to the Shaka Smart years.  that dude sucked ass and it has mind fucked everyone.  

Well, we've made the Sweet Sixteen 8 times in the last 35 years, so yeah, it's kind of a sign of a good year (for us).

• Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Well, we've made the Sweet Sixteen 8 times in the last 35 years, so yeah, it's kind of a sign of a good year (for us).

It is absolutely a very very good year.  who said it wasn't?

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Bro shut the fuck up you literally just demeaned a sweet-sixteen like it isn't a big deal at Texas then your next post is "OBVIOUSLY THAT'S A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT YOU MORON"

Go sit on the bench for a minute. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Bro shut the fuck up you literally just demeaned a sweet-sixteen like it isn't a big deal at Texas then your next post is "OBVIOUSLY THAT'S A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT YOU MORON"

Go sit on the bench for a minute. 

dude, shut the fuck up. you have a complete reading comprehension problem.  go sit in your high chair you fucking baby.

Just now, immamac said:

If we win tonight then uh we aren’t gonna fire RT any time soon. Any thoughts on a new thread name? 

keep rodney terry

18 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Uh, you implied it?  Go read your post. 

Fuck it, I'm out.  I'm gonna make some tacos and cheese sauce and enjoy Texas beating the cat-skinning murderous rapists (for now).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Uh, you implied it?  Go read your post. 

Fuck it, I'm out.  I'm gonna make some tacos and cheese sauce and enjoy Texas beating the cat-skinning murderous rapists (for now).

I already said getting to sweet 16 is a very very good year just not a great year.  everyone thinks sweet 16 is Great! because Shaka Smart was so abysmal.

yes Texas basketball doesn't have many Great! years.

50 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What have you done with Helo. Is he in a closet somewhere? We need answers.

I’m not really a basketball fan, so I have the benefit of objectivity when looking at the team. I’m also a pretty big Terry fan. Ridiculed and criticized by those far less accomplished in life than him, he reminds me of myself.

Also life’s just too short to root against teams you like or criticize them for “not winning good enough” or not winning with the coach you wanted. Enjoy success while it’s there.

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Helobious said:

I’m not really a basketball fan, so I have the benefit of objectivity when looking at the team. I’m also a pretty big Terry fan. Ridiculed and criticized by those far less accomplished in life than him, he reminds me of myself.

Also life’s just too short to root against teams you like or criticize them for “not winning good enough” or not winning with the coach you wanted. Enjoy success while it’s there.

Which is why I don’t get the “pro RT” moniker.  Shouldn’t we all be rooting for him?  I mean he didn’t make Chris choke his wife right?

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Wait do I like Helo now.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I already said getting to sweet 16 is a very very good year just not a great year.  everyone thinks sweet 16 is Great! because Shaka Smart was so abysmal.

yes Texas basketball doesn't have many Great! years.

You're actually fucking retarded.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

nice jumper.

Yeah it is nice come to the court sometime I'll bust your ass. 

30k posts you have 12k rep like it's actually hard to have horrible takes takes that consistently across 30 thousand posts. 

Edited by ztejas

At this point, Terry is not on the hot seat this year or next year. It would be the end of the 2026 season when something would happen, and that would ONLY be the case if he has a bad next two years with more lost recruits.  He has plenty of time. 

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I get the feeling Terry will never get us out of week 1 in the tournament.

If he had competent shooters who didn't turn the ball over on inbounds + not having a flagrant foul machine giving the other team a 5 point play, we would've been going into week 2 this year.