2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

44 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

CNN does this every night. They keep re-explaining how Trump is in fact a liar like it’s some miracle of journalism. Then they ask for reactions by the same 4 idiots. What’s your reaction to Trump wanting to kill babies? Does that help him in the primary? 

Social Media gets accused of downing down America rightfully so, but legacy media isn’t on the sidelines 

star wars stay on target GIF

• Haha 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

"We're joining Trump's rally, already in progress. Let's listen to what he has to say."

Dotard: "Yeah so anyway, I've been a democrat pretty much my entire life. You see that (R) next to my name? It's there because I knew I could convince rubes into voting for me. Rubes, like all of you people. But yeah, where was I. Oh yeah, elect me and a lot of people are going to be cashing in favors. I mean, A LOT. Like half a BILLION dollars worth. It will pretty much ruin this country forever."

(wild applause) 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"We're joining Trump's rally, already in progress. Let's listen to what he has to say."

Dotard: "Yeah so anyway, I've been a democrat pretty much my entire life. You see that (R) next to my name? It's there because I knew I could convince rubes into voting for me. Rubes, like all of you people. But yeah, where was I. Oh yeah, elect me and a lot of people are going to be cashing in favors. I mean, A LOT. Like half a BILLION dollars worth. It will pretty much ruin this country forever."

(wild applause) 

Anchor to panelists:  what do you suppose he means when he says that?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

On 3/12/2024 at 2:42 PM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

larger macro polls show whites are becoming more Democrat while minorities becoming more Republican. 

Trump does a pretty good job of marketing himself as the candidate of the aggrieved and disenfranchised.  He will say anything to anyone to make them feel like he's their champion and will cure their ills.  That he is so strongly courting African Americans tells me he's got no more room to grow a base within white America.  Someone involved in his political strategy has done the math and see that if he's going to win, he  needs the aggrieved and disenfranchised minorities, too.

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Anchor to panelists:  what do you suppose he means when he says that?

(that one conservative guy who is always on who has an immensely punchable face) "Look, you can't listen to what he says.... Just vote for him, ok? Geez." 

Trump's RNC officially kills the GOP's mail-in voter effort

The Trump-branded Republican Party is less interested in promoting voting by mail than in legal challenges aimed at voting systems.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC
But please proceed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

On 3/13/2024 at 1:05 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Trump had full control for 2 full years 2017-2019

POTUS
SCOTUS
HOUSE
SENATE
DOJ

Immigration bills passed = 0
Borders closed = 0
Wall money = 0
Illegal immigration soared up to a new record in 2019

Tax cuts for billionaires = 1

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

The man was preoccupied with Infrastructure Week. Why can't you understand that!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Why would anybody want to end early voting?  I for one don't want to stand in line for hours on election day when I don't have to, and I still get my right to vote.  What is wrong with the Republican party?  What else will they get rid of?  Are abortions, contraception and LGBQT rights next?  

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Why would anybody want to end early voting?  I for one don't want to stand in line for hours on election day when I don't have to and I still get my right to vote.  What is wrong with the Republican party?  What else will they get rid of?  Is abortions , contraception and LGBQT rights next?  

Overall Dems seem to win the early vote. The GOP is now about picking the people who will be allowed to vote. It's not easy to flat out stop Dems from voting, so its going to be about making it difficult for them to vote in the manner they prefer to vote.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Overall Dems seem to win the early vote. The GOP is now about picking the people who will be allowed to vote. It's not easy to flat out stop Dems from voting, so its going to be about making it difficult for them to vote in the manner they prefer to vote.

I know.  I was being sarcastic with that post.  It is infuriating to take something away that makes improves the voting experience because half the country are a bunch of dumb asses that vote for these pieces of shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I know.  I was being sarcastic with that post.  It is infuriating to take something away that makes improves the voting experience because half the country are a bunch of dumb asses that vote for these pieces of shit.  

This is a strategy to continue to sow doubt about the integrity of the election.

E-Day counted first: BIG Republican lead
Mail continues to be counted slowly throughout the night and erases that lead into a Dem lead: FRAUD!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I keep waiting for Texas to eliminate early voting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

After all these years, the RNC still doesn't understand what a large percentage of their voters send in ballots by mail.  

Say what you will about Texas voter suppression, our early voting windows are pretty substantial.  You basically have two full weeks (minus Sunday) from 7:00a-7:00p to vote.  Now registration and locations can be a pain in the ass, but the hours are there to work around.  But yeah, they're gonna compress that at some point real soon.

How is Trump going to end early voting?  Our federal elections are run by states which are implemented by counties.  I guess he'd try an Executive Order just dropping it all, but that's a tall task even for Commander Dipshit.  

I keep looking at these Fox News interviews with Lara Trump and trying to pick who I hate the most.  And between Lara, Laura Ingram, and Anne Coulter...I gotta tell ya'...it's a three-horse race

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

After all these years, the RNC still doesn't understand what a large percentage of their voters send in ballots by mail.  

Say what you will about Texas voter suppression, our early voting windows are pretty substantial.  You basically have two full weeks (minus Sunday) from 7:00a-7:00p to vote.  Now registration and locations can be a pain in the ass, but the hours are there to work around.  But yeah, they're gonna compress that at some point real soon.

How is Trump going to end early voting?  Our federal elections are run by states which are implemented by counties.  I guess he'd try an Executive Order just dropping it all, but that's a tall task even for Commander Dipshit.  

I keep looking at these Fox News interviews with Lara Trump and trying to pick who I hate the most.  And between Lara, Laura Ingram, and Anne Coulter...I gotta tell ya'...it's a three-horse race

But remember, they don't want federalized elections.  

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

But remember, they don't want federalized elections.  

Yes, see but what this Executive Order presupposes is what if the state elections were federalized so we could de-federalize them from the states by federalizing their inability to de-federalize?  

Hmmmm?  Ever think of that smart guy?  

Just now, YGIFS said:

Yes, see but what this Executive Order presupposes is what if the state elections were federalized so we could de-federalize them from the states by federalizing their inability to de-federalize?  

916a2f36-3ed1-45ed-b7f4-dc1906d3d9f0_tex

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I keep waiting for Texas to eliminate early voting.

Yep. I remember the absolute meltdown when Abbott let his sanity slip out from undercover and added a third week of early voting in 2020. Next action on that will be in the other direction, and only applicable to counties with a population of n-1, where n = the population of Dallas County.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

So here's an example of some polling going on right now.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/03/05/online-opt-in-polls-can-produce-misleading-results-especially-for-young-people-and-hispanic-adults/

Online opt-in polls can produce misleading results, especially for young people and Hispanic adults

In particular, several recent studies have documented large errors in online opt-in surveys due to the presence of so-called “bogus respondents.” These respondents do not answer questions sincerely; instead, they attempt to complete surveys with as little effort as possible to earn money or other rewards.

Studies have shown that bogus respondents can cause opt-in surveys to overestimate rare attitudes and behaviors, such as ingesting bleach to protect against COVID-19, belief in conspiracies like Pizzagate or support for political violence.

At Pew Research Center, we’ve found that this type of overreporting tends to be especially concentrated in estimates for adults under 30, as well as Hispanic adults. Bogus respondents may be identifying this way in order to bypass screening questions that might otherwise prevent them from receiving a reward, though the precise reasons are difficult to pin down. Whatever the underlying cause, the result can be unreliable estimates for those groups.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/03/05/online-opt-in-polls-can-produce-misleading-results-especially-for-young-people-and-hispanic-adults/

Online opt-in polls can produce misleading results, especially for young people and Hispanic adults

In particular, several recent studies have documented large errors in online opt-in surveys due to the presence of so-called “bogus respondents.” These respondents do not answer questions sincerely; instead, they attempt to complete surveys with as little effort as possible to earn money or other rewards.

Studies have shown that bogus respondents can cause opt-in surveys to overestimate rare attitudes and behaviors, such as ingesting bleach to protect against COVID-19, belief in conspiracies like Pizzagate or support for political violence.

At Pew Research Center, we’ve found that this type of overreporting tends to be especially concentrated in estimates for adults under 30, as well as Hispanic adults. Bogus respondents may be identifying this way in order to bypass screening questions that might otherwise prevent them from receiving a reward, though the precise reasons are difficult to pin down. Whatever the underlying cause, the result can be unreliable estimates for those groups.

The scientific term is the texags effect

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We're on the same page.

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This appears to be a realization of the far right’s goal of focusing the Republican Party on election-related “lawfare, that is legal challenges designed to restrict ballot access and undercut election systems in ways that make it harder to vote. Back in 2022, I reportedthat this vision was behind right-wing lawyer Harmeet Dhillon’s long-shot bid to become RNC chair. Dhillon insisted that the RNC needed to hire an army of lawyers to lob legal challenges ahead of the 2024 elections.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I thought these motherfuckers want all the babies and that we're woefully underpopulated. which fucking way is it?

Only couples selected by maga gqp can have ivf 

• Hook 'Em 1