Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

59 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

It's an equity roll.  Will ask some shareholders to stay invested.  And Silver Lake or some other PE firms will partner for the funding.

Kinda like the Dell buyout... it aint like Michael Dell wrote a $24B check all by himself.  The notion some people posited that literally the wealthiest man in the world can't lead a buyout of Twitter is a bit silly.

Why on earth would Silver Lake and Elliott join him? They just staged a proxy fight two years ago in attempt to oust one impetuous tech billionaire - why would they yield any voting power and directorships to another who has no interest in the economics of a deal and no horizon to sell?

5 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

Why on earth would Silver Lake and Elliott join him? They just staged a proxy fight two years ago in attempt to oust one impetuous tech billionaire - why would they yield any voting power and directorships to another who has no interest in the economics of a deal and no horizon to sell?

Do you (1) take every word of Elon at face value and believe he would burn up to $40B on a lark  (2) think theres no value creation accretive to partners when Elon is involved?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Do you (1) take every word of Elon at face value and believe he would burn up to $40B on a lark  (2) think theres no value creation accretive to partners when Elon is involved?

Speaking for me, no, I don't think he'd do that. That's why I think this is a pump and dump scheme, something he does fairly frequently.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Do you have any familiarity with working with Elliott, and have you followed any of the Twitter saga over the past two years? Elon wants Twitter to be his. That would never happen with those sponsors. Sure, maybe with others, but I’d have a hard time seeing Elon as being anything but a red flag. 

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Speaking for me, no, I don't think he'd do that. That's why I think this is a pump and dump scheme, something he does fairly frequently.

word.  hes as much the harmless, aspergers, meme-propogating goofball as warren is just a gentle old grandpa from omaha.  both are shrewd as hell.  any partner wouldnt be on the ride for the principle... theyre in it for the payout

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

word.  hes as much the harmless, aspergers, meme-propogating goofball as warren is just a gentle old grandpa from omaha.  both are shrewd as hell.  any partner wouldnt be on the ride for the principle... theyre in it for the payout

IMO running a pump and dump isn't harmless - there's always bagholders.

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yes he will immediately sell $3Bn in twtr stock via market order. SMH

I think he’s serious. When Elon is passionate about something he pursues it pretty aggressively and in sometimes shady ways. But he goes for it. Appears that opposing censorship on social media is one of those causes. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I don't like the way you run this board, errr I mean, we don't like it, no sir not at at all

I want to buy this board, and so I, sorry I mean we, can set up an Elon forum to openly and honestly discuss all things Musk

Tell the owner that we are willing to pay tree fiddy 

Make it tree fiddy in these.

Gift_Cards.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, F250 said:

Are they expecting a price jump?

No, institutional investors like Vanguard generally hold for the long term. That news is actually from a 13G amendment filed last week and indicates the trigger date was March 31 (the trigger being the purchase of 1% of outstanding securities). I’d guess the increase was responsive to ISS/Glass Lewis reports and other evaluations given it’s proxy season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

Could a lot of that be nullified if he actually took it private?  Sounds like a lot of those bylaws refer to a publicly traded company...

Think about it; how could he take it private (easily) with these headwinds in place. The idea is to add friction and pain.

13 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

It aint called poison pill cuz its nice to take

if i was a large shareholder and instead of receiving a large cash return with significant premium i got a dilution instead…yeah im joining a class action against the board

Are we about to see Musk get rejected by the board, sell off to crash the price, rebuy with the increased value the sell off provides him and then just redo so this all over again offering the same 54.20 a share with an even lower initially price per share baseline all the while now owning a bigger total share baseline?

Have 10B in shares which is 10% of company, sell 10B in shares, see stock price tank due to your sell off. Sit and wait till it hits your low value number and now rebuy your initial $10B  stake for more shares, but tanked price now means you acquire 20% stake, reoffer buyout at 54.20, but it costs him less because there is now only 80% instead of 90% outstanding….

Not entirely sure that is legal, but I would laugh pretty hard if he can do this in a way it actually costs him less $$ than this initial offer…

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vegas64 said:

Think about it; how could he take it private (easily) with these headwinds in place. The idea is to add friction and pain.

I understand that.

But, why would he give a fuck about any rules about "stockholders" if he takes it private?  Or stock prices...All that shit goes away when it goes private, doesn't it?

28 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I understand that.

But, why would he give a fuck about any rules about "stockholders" if he takes it private?  Or stock prices...All that shit goes away when it goes private, doesn't it?

What @Vegas64means is that he would need to buy 90% of shares to effect a DE short form merger and effectively go private. The anti-takeover measures prevent him from doing so in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

What @Vegas64means is that he would need to buy 90% of shares to effect a DE short form merger and effectively go private. The anti-takeover measures prevent him from doing so in the first place. 

Exactly. But as we have said, no poison pill really exists that can stop the richest man in the world from buying Twitter if he really wants it and is willing to spend the energy to overcome these headwinds. The question does he really care that much.

40 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Exactly. But as we have said, no poison pill really exists that can stop the richest man in the world from buying Twitter if he really wants it and is willing to spend the energy to overcome these headwinds. The question does he really care that much.

IMO - no. Musk doesn't give a shit about twitter, he's busy building the future of spaceflight. But as a good capitalist he's more than happy to use twitter as a vehicle to get more funds for his other ventures. See: pump and dump, crypto, et al.

Matt Levine has a great piece today about this ordeal. He ended with the conclusion that this puts Twitter into the new CEO’s worse nightmare, noisy distraction:

“There is no particularly good outcome for Twitter here. It can sell to Musk and become (more of) a vehicle for his whims and trolling. It can find some other imperfect buyer and try to cobble a desperation deal together. Or it can (maybe) fend off Musk, stay independent, watch its stock drop, alienate one of its most high-profile users, and get second-guessed by shareholders for years. Twitter is in play, but that is only really fun for Musk.“

5 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Matt Levine has a great piece today about this ordeal. He ended with the conclusion that this puts Twitter into the new CEO’s worse nightmare, noisy distraction:

“There is no particularly good outcome for Twitter here. It can sell to Musk and become (more of) a vehicle for his whims and trolling. It can find some other imperfect buyer and try to cobble a desperation deal together. Or it can (maybe) fend off Musk, stay independent, watch its stock drop, alienate one of its most high-profile users, and get second-guessed by shareholders for years. Twitter is in play, but that is only really fun for Musk.“

Worst* nightmare. Mobile posting got me.

25 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

He's going to dump his shares... He's made his point. I expect him to come back later as part of a group/fund with a better/cheaper offer later in the year.

Unless young people come back to using Twitter (they won't) it's got bigger problems anyway... Twitter is for politics and olds.

It's really not. Twitter is easily the most eclectic of all social media. He is correct that Twitter has untapped potential and someone needs to unlock it-- the business and GTM of Twitter sucks.

Edited by Vegas64
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

I don't know how serious Elon is about buying out TWTR but you guys, you can't pump and dump 70+ million shares. Seems to me he's having some fun and trying to instigate change. That's his brand, the brash disruptor.

I still think Elon’s generating this buyout hype to distract from his potential witness status in the Johnny Depp trial. The trial is being live streamed so there’s a lot of interest from all sides.
Elon’s doing this buyout thing so when you type in “Elon” on Twitter it defaults to the buyout news instead of photos of him in the elevator with Amber Heard. He doesn’t want to be tied up in this circus, but here we are. 

I think he’s a visionary, but the Amber Heard saga makes me question his decision making. Never stick your dick into a woman who has the arrogance to eat cookies during a deposition. 

26 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I still think Elon’s generating this buyout hype to distract from his potential witness status in the Johnny Depp trial. The trial is being live streamed so there’s a lot of interest from all sides.
Elon’s doing this buyout thing so when you type in “Elon” on Twitter it defaults to the buyout news instead of photos of him in the elevator with Amber Heard. He doesn’t want to be tied up in this circus, but here we are. 

I think he’s a visionary, but the Amber Heard saga makes me question his decision making. Never stick your dick into a woman who has the arrogance to eat cookies during a deposition. 

Hes not running for office; fucking Amber Heard isnt something to be terribly embarassed about….not enough to shell out a few billion dollars as a distraction

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Hes not running for office; fucking Amber Heard isnt something to be terribly embarassed about….not enough to shell out a few billion dollars as a distraction

Running for office doesn’t mean shit today. Being a politician would hold Elon back in the things he’s trying to do. But Elon’s involvement in this case with Amber and Johnny is not a good look for him. Amber is hot but she creates a lot of drama everywhere she goes. Elon is supposed to be a once in a generation genius, but he’s careless enough to get wrapped up in a woman who allegedly left shit in a bed as a form of retaliation against Johnny Depp. Elon has tons of money but couldn’t tie up these loose ends and keep his affairs in check. If Amber heard level of terrestrial pussy is what Elon likes, he better hope there isn’t an undiscovered crater of crazy vag somewhere on Mars.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Running for office doesn’t mean shit today. Being a politician would hold Elon back in the things he’s trying to do. But Elon’s involvement in this case with Amber and Johnny is not a good look for him. Amber is hot but she creates a lot of drama everywhere she goes. Elon is supposed to be a once in a generation genius, but he’s careless enough to get wrapped up in a woman who allegedly left shit in a bed as a form of retaliation against Johnny Depp. Elon has tons of money but couldn’t tie up these loose ends and keep his affairs in check. If Amber heard level of terrestrial pussy is what Elon likes, he better hope there isn’t an undiscovered crater of crazy vag somewhere on Mars.

My point was of all the 100s of vectors of attacks on his persona….dicking an attractive movie star is not a problem he needs spend tres comma on to solve. 

6 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Whoever is claiming this is a pump and dump for Elon has a fundamental misunderstanding of him or his goals.  He isn't trying to increase his wealth by .25% or .3% on this deal.

Elon pretty routinely pumps and dumps stocks and cryptocurrencies. It's damned near a hobby for him.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?