DeShon Elliott has a message for Tom Herman

Bruh Man

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Elliott said in his tweets that it was behind closed doors, and evidently Herman was indiscreet enough to say it in front of someone who reports back to Elliott. 

Well then great job Desean selling out your friend.  LOL.

Seriously - pick up the damn phone like an adult.  Don't tweet like a bitch.

8 minutes ago, longhrnfan said:

After hearing about Hager yesterday, it was clear that even late into the season there was serious beef with some of the players. Hager, fortunately, turned to Herman's side. This is what happens with a coaching change, plain and simple. 

F Deshon for airing his grievances out on social media for the world to see. Whether stupid, selfish, or otherwise, the bottom line is that it hurts Texas. He's dead to me. As a Steeler fan, I'll enjoy watching him get crushed (if he makes the team). 

what did you hear? interview? got a link?

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Are you telling me that some upperclassmen didn't get along with the new coach that came in and was a total hard ass? No way guys. Just no way. 

Hilarious since the exact same thing happened with Leroy Scott and Chet Moss. Moss went on a twitter rampage against Strong. From what I remember, I'm pretty sure Scott chimed in too. 

This is why changing coaches every three years is exhausting. This shit happens when you have players recruited from three different coaching staffs. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Just now, Schulz2.0 said:

Per Anwar (lol), Herman spoke poorly of them to NFL scouts before the draft. I’m not sure why a coach would speak poorly of several players that mentally checked out late in the season and skipped the bowl game. Weird.

He needs to realize that is not unique to UT and is nothing new. Beanie Wells seems to have started it ten years ago in tOSU's bowl loss to us -- I just don't believe he was really too hurt to play in the second half.

Until the NCAA starts letting these guys at least have the rights to their own images this shit will just get worse and worse and they know it. That's why they changed the redshirt rule. 

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

He needs to realize that is not unique to UT and is nothing new. Beanie Wells seems to have started it ten years ago in tOSU's bowl loss to us -- I just don't believe he was really too hurt to play in the second half.

Until the NCAA starts letting these guys at least have the rights to their own images this shit will just get worse and worse and they know it. That's why they changed the redshirt rule. 

Skipping the bowl game is one thing (and I'm generally ambivalent to that), checking out during the regular season is another.

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Elliott said in his tweets that it was behind closed doors, and evidently Herman was indiscreet enough to say it in front of someone who reports back to Elliott. 

My money is on Brian Davis. I remain convinced he is some kind of Aggie mole. He's certainly stupid enough to be one.

• Like 2

Just now, Machinator said:

image.png

I doubt Herman would do so considering before the draft, he had his entire media department promote Deshon, Connor, Malik, etc.  Herman probably told the scouts the truth about their attitudes and mental weakness.  These are the same guys that let walkons from Kansas beat them and then we watched them throw a temper-tantrum and cry on the field.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BoomMF said:

Beginning to feel the same general feeling about the Strong era recruits as I was about the late Mack era recruits - Glad to be putting distance between them and the program.

At least the Strong recruits are getting shots at the NFL. That counts for something. Mack's last few classes were long on privilege and short on work ethic, or talent, or both. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BoomMF said:

Beginning to feel the same general feeling about the Strong era recruits as I was about the late Mack era recruits - Glad to be putting distance between them and the program.

It always happens when there is a coaching change.. players from the previous regime don't always click with the new regime. There's no real loyalty since theres probably no real relationship

3 minutes ago, BoomMF said:

This.....

Regarding the tweet.  It'll be forgotten in 4 days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoomMF said:

This.....

Regarding the tweet.  It'll be forgotten in 4 days.

Just win, recruits will flow in.

Just now, Sidney Sherman said:

Does he realize his new NFL coaches and owners have just put him on the social media retard list?

That's going to cost him bucks. If his ego is worth shit-talking his former coaches, so be it.

Meh. If he can ball, he'll get his money.

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

It always happens when there is a coaching change.. players from the previous regime don't always click with the new regime. There's no real loyalty since theres probably no real relationship

Especially in this era. Players commit to coaches. It was obvious when Strong was fired that there was going to be backlash from some of the players regardless of who was hired. 

Hell, Hager said as much yesterday at the Big 12 media days. 

6 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

If I’m Herman, I’m telling the truth to these scouts as well. He has to look out for his own reputation too. Fair evaluations of his own players builds trust between him and the scouts.

This right here. Tell as much of the truth as you can, and don't embellish.

1 minute ago, cochamps said:

User name checks out.

Maybe so, but look at the numbers. 2016 and 2017 draft classes were....not stellar. Same as a few before 2015. Goosegg in 2014. Nothing in rounds 1-3 in 2012. No offensive linemen drafted for a decade. If you believe D'Onta Foreman's HS coaches, Mack did his level best to run him off too. He only wanted Armanti, and if he'd gotten his way, we would have had zero picks last year as well. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Jesus, Connor just added a hook 'em emoji - guys will generally support their friends even when they're kinda dumb. Hardly the same level.

EDIT: Just saw his second reply. Jesus those two need to grow some balls. You don't see Malik emptying his diaper on Twitter.

We lead your team the best we could before making a decision to better our families. Which I believe you would do the same.

Are Deshon and Connor mad that the move to come out early was probably a bad decision and the staff is warning current players not to discount their advice?  The draft ended up sort of supporting that position.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Like 5

So a coach says to (Insert Name - NFL scout/current players - whatever source you want to believe) that previous players were selfish for not playing in bowl game. Also known as thinking of themself before the team. 

Player tweets about how Coach sucks for saying that. Demonstrating they are thinking of themself and not the team

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Maybe so, but look at the numbers. 2016 and 2017 draft classes were....not stellar. Same as a few before 2015. Goosegg in 2014. Nothing in rounds 1-3 in 2012. No offensive linemen drafted for a decade. If you believe D'Onta Foreman's HS coaches, Mack did his level best to run him off too. He only wanted Armanti, and if he'd gotten his way, we would have had zero picks last year as well. 

Maybe Mack was just thinking long-long-long term plans. Ensure the next guy gets fired, come back and linger around for the following coach to lean on. 

Prove it was Mack's excellent assistant coach management that was winning all those games.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

So a coach says to (Insert Name - NFL scout/current players - whatever source you want to believe) that previous players were selfish for not playing in bowl game. Also known as thinking of themself before the team. 

Player tweets about how Coach sucks for saying that. Demonstrating they are thinking of themself and not the team

giphy.gif

Edited by Sidney Sherman

Sounds like we have a mole on the team. Hope he likes soggy eggs.

33 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Per Anwar (lol), Herman spoke poorly of them to NFL scouts before the draft. I’m not sure why a coach would speak poorly of several players that mentally checked out late in the season and skipped the bowl game. Weird.

Herman knows the game, better to tell the truth than lie to protect some mental lightweights. Millennials are almost worthless. 

1 minute ago, Sidney Sherman said:

giphy.gif

The NFL really doesn't care about rah-rah college spirit because the know the parameters are different when there is money on the line. I don't like NFL football, and I love college football, but I can't argue with the logic from either the players or the GMs in the NFL. It's a dangerous game, careers are short, and people want to get paid to play it. 

And used to love NCAA hoops too, but I haven't given a shit about them in 20 years once the one-and-done shit became the norm, because the product on the court is so much worse than it used to be. Unless the NCAA starts paying players, or allowing them to be paid by boosters, or allows them to sell their autographs and jerseys and shit like that, we'll be looking at one-and-done football too. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Herman knows the game, better to tell the truth than lie to protect some mental lightweights. Millennials are almost worthless. 

Oh fuck that. My son is in the army. He is a millennial. So are almost all the others in the army today. And the Marines, the Navy, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, etc. The kids are alright. 

• Like 2

sbn beatdown has this to say listing him as "a near lock" to make the roster

Elliott is in an exciting situation. The Ravens have solid depth at the safety position with Eric Weddle, Tony Jefferson, Anthony Levine Sr., and Chuck Clark. However, Weddle could be gone sooner than many expect, which could create an opening. Jefferson struggled his first year in Baltimore, which could create another opportunity. Elliott will be a special teams contributor from day one with a chance to earn more snaps.

i'm looking for the root cause of the timing.  whatever was said had to have happened weeks or months ago.  we're in a dead period.  if he's po'ed about something said by someone to a recruit then it happened weeks or months ago and he's just now finding out, or the bitching is strategically timed to do damage with the dead period ending.

why today.