DeShon Elliott has a message for Tom Herman

Bruh Man

"I’d really appreciate it if anyone on the current staff at the University of Texas Football team besides Craig Naivar , Jason Washington or Kyle Coats would keep my name out of there mouth and continue to bad talk me or any other junior that decided to leave early."

If Deshon Elliott had used Grammarly:

I would really appreciate it if the staff of the University of Texas football team, aside from Craig Naivar, Jason Washington or Kyle Coats, would not speak ill about me moving forward. Additionally, I would like this request to extend to the other UT student athletes who left before their senior year for the NFL. Thank you for your consideration.    

• Like 2

ya know I dont know about this kinda stuff. but i would think Guys like Elliot and other high profile Lifetime Longhorns get some revenue from the school and alumni. appearences? kinda "meet this guy" type of thing. stuff thrown their way by Longhorn fans. 

this is shitting on those people. just going to school events is gonna be an issue now, youd think. bad fucking move , dude.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Why? Because we might have won nine or ten games? Why would that be worse than the same under Mack?

Really? Are we in the matrix?

2 words for you. 

Special Teams

again if u didn’t hear me. 

SPECIAL TEAMS. 

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

"I’d really appreciate it if anyone on the current staff at the University of Texas Football team besides Craig Naivar , Jason Washington or Kyle Coats would keep my name out of there mouth and continue to bad talk me or any other junior that decided to leave early."

If Deshon Elliott had used Grammarly:

I would really appreciate it if the staff of the University of Texas football team, aside from Craig Naivar, Jason Washington or Kyle Coats, would not speak ill about me moving forward. Additionally, I would like this request to extend to the other UT student athletes who left before their senior year for the NFL. Thank you for your consideration.    

Daymn. That’s the full version. 

We truly are the Stanford of the Souf...

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

good lord some of you are only capable of viewing this situation through your own selfish recruiting prism. deshon was just in town buying dinner for the dbs. he still cares about UT. maybe just maybe herman is in the wrong here. i know that's difficult to swallow for us fans but let's step back and look at him getting a cosign from conner, the foreman's, jane slater, herman's history with player relationships. 

You seem to be friends with him or at least run the same circle in which case you need to take your own advice here and step back.

24 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

If Deshon Elliott had asked James Joyce to write his tweet :

Plenty to see and hear and feel yet. Feel live warm beings near you, like Washington, Naivar and Coats. They aren’t going to get me the resolution I desire - Warm beds: warm full blooded life. Others weave and unweave my body, as Herman wreaks ill, from day to day, coached molecules shuttled to and fro, so does the athlete weave and unweave his image. Speak no ill. Observe my wishes. Urge me forward.  

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Like 3

What do we know as fact? 

*  some players that Charlie Strong recruited, one of which was in love with Charlie Strong‘s daughter, left school early and refused to play in the bowl game on their way out, thus forcing our coaches to adapt to a depleted roster and motivate the players that didn’t bail as best they could 

*  A player that Charlie Strong recruited, that was also in love with Charlie Strong’s daughter, is publicly calling out our coaches on social media, and by extension so are the other Charlie Strong players that left school early and bailed on the team for the bowl game,  by publicly agreeing with the player that is calling out our coaches on social media 

*  before Herman got here, these were players that lost to Kansas 

*  honesty from a coach is always the best policy, especially when millions of dollars and the trust of NFL organizations are involved 

• Like 5

Tom Herman just publicly called Poona Ford one of the three best DT's that he had ever been around.    Poona went undrafted anyway.  Herman does not owe Elliot jack shit.   Kissing people's asses is how we wound up starting Case McCoy at quarterback for the University of Texas.   If Elliot wants big money in the NFL then he needs to go earn it, just like Poona will.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dad said:

Agreed on all counts in your statement. But a lot of people here are acting like it's out of the realm of possibilities that Herman would ever have done such a thing.

We must be reading different threads

3 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

What do we know as fact? 

*  some players that Charlie Strong recruited, one of which was in love with Charlie Strong‘s daughter, left school early and refused to play in the bowl game on their way out, thus forcing our coaches to adapt to a depleted roster and motivate the players that didn’t bail as best they could 

*  A player that Charlie Strong recruited, that was also in love with Charlie Strong’s daughter, is publicly calling out our coaches on social media, and by extension so are the other Charlie Strong players that left school early and bailed on the team for the bowl game,  by publicly agreeing with the player that is calling out our coaches on social media 

*  before Herman got here, these were players that lost to Kansas 

*  honesty from a coach is always the best policy, especially when millions of dollars and the trust of NFL organizations are involved 

How do we know as fact that DeShon Elliott is in love with Charlie Strong's daughter?  He may be doing it all for the nookie.

Now you are steering me to one of my pie in the sky pipe dreams. Colleges could have football schools separate from the main college. For every year you play football, you get one year of free classes in the future. In the meantime, you play football and get life skills classes. Personal finance, mentorship, stuff like that. And then you play football, and if that doesn't work out, then you come back to school at 23 or whatever and cash in your scholarship. 
That might work for some, but others would never darken a classroom past high school if it weren't required for them to play football..

1 minute ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:
Now you are steering me to one of my pie in the sky pipe dreams. Colleges could have football schools separate from the main college. For every year you play football, you get one year of free classes in the future. In the meantime, you play football and get life skills classes. Personal finance, mentorship, stuff like that. And then you play football, and if that doesn't work out, then you come back to school at 23 or whatever and cash in your scholarship. 

That might work for some, but others would never darken a classroom past high school if it weren't required for them to play football..

For all practical purposes, a lot of them don't today. 

8 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Tom Herman just publicly called Poona Ford one of the three best DT's that he had ever been around.    Poona went undrafted anyway.  Herman does not owe Elliot jack shit.   Kissing people's asses is how we wound up starting Case McCoy at quarterback for the University of Texas.   If Elliot wants big money in the NFL then he needs to go earn it, just like Poona will.  

Hey no need to go dragging the Tapist into this. Sadly he was way better than any of that garbage we've trotted out at QB since

Personally, I find that the best way to deal with adversity and negativity in my life has always been to make it known in as public of a forum as I can find so that the world can better understand how in the right I am.  It helps me feel validated.  This works in all major life situations:

- Marital problems?  Make sure you put that on Facebook for your friends and family to see.

- Grievance with a boss or coworker?  Just blast to the company wide email address

- Cashier give you incorrect change?  Get on the store PA and let everyone know

- Tax issue?  Post your personal paycheck and financial info to the web where the error will be plain enough to all

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Kansas was 0-10 against other FBS programs and was outscored by an average of 42-16 in those other 10 games.

Not sure if that is a rebuttal or simply stating a fact, but yes I totally agree Kansas was the worst of the two, and not even close.  With more research Rice had a winning record in conference play that year. 

Not sure if that is a rebuttal or simply stating a fact, but yes I totally agree Kansas was the worst of the two, and not even close.  With more research Rice had a winning record in conference play that year. 
I completely understand how it can be confusing when someone supports your post instead of arguing against it on here. Ha.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Deshon Elliott is a whiny, entitled sack of shit and he can fuck off associating to Texas in the future. 

DazzlingThankfulGalapagossealion-size_re

All you "take off your burnt orange goggles" shitheads make me laugh.  This team has been spitting and sputtering for damn near a decade and maybe, maybe there's finally a small glimmer of hope for the future, and then one of our own goes on twitter and fires a torpedo broadside into the program's recruiting efforts.  Fuck this dude and fuck anyone defending him.  He's dead to me.

Edited by TriStone
I grammer bad
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Can someone translate?

seems like the deshon tweets are gonna get the whole team to respond on their personal twitters, in time

In short - “Haters gonna hate. My time is coming when I’m actually picked before the 6th round.”

I had no problem with Deshon or anyone leaving early but fuck him for this.   You are trying to publicly screw TH and TO who gave you a legit chance at an NFL career but at the same time are fucking your school, or team and the teammates you pretend to love. Take your selfish tantrum to TH office. Don’t put your dirty laundry on social media. Selfish millennial bullshit.