#24 TEXAS vs. #7 TEXAS A&M (Tuesday, 3/5, 6:30pm, LHN)

MuellerHorn

Posted (edited)

#24 TEXAS vs. #7 TEXAS A&M
March 5, 2024
Where: UFCU Disch-Falk Field
Time: Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
TV: Longhorn Network
Radio: AM-1300 The Zone 
Live stats: Texas.Statbroadcast.com
All-time series: Texas leads, 245-130-5

PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUP
TUESDAY–Texas RHP Tanner Witt (0-0, 2.25) vs. Texas A&M RHP Chris Cortez (1-0, 1.86)

THE MATCHUP—Texas returns home to UFCU Disch-Falk Field to host Texas A&M on Tuesday. The Longhorns lead the all-time series with the Aggies, 245-130-5 dating back to 1903. Texas snapped a four-game losing streak to the Aggies with a win last season in College Station. This marks the final non-conference meeting for the in-state rivals, with Texas moving to the SEC starting next season.

A LOOK AT THE LONGHORNS—Texas looks to bounce back after a tough weekend at the Astros Foundation College Classic in Houston. The Longhorns had a strong offensive weekend, averaging eight runs per game and launching nine total home runs. The pitching staff had a tough weekend, posting a 9.69 ERA in the three games and allowing eight homers. The Longhorns have gotten great production from the top of the lineup through the first 11 games, with Jared Thomas batting .476 with six doubles, one homer and 16 runs scored. Peyton Powell is batting .435 with five doubles, a triple, four homers and 18 RBI. Jalin Flores has also had a nice start, with five doubles, five homers and 15 RBI.

Edited by MuellerHorn

• MuellerHorn changed the title to #24 TEXAS vs. #7 TEXAS A&M (Tuesday, 3/5, 6:30pm, LHN)

Witt looked pretty good against LSU on Friday night.  Hopefully he can go out and have another good outing tonight.  This team desperatley needs him to become a significant piece of the pitching rotation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Saw that Yeti Yard is students only tonight. Some may not like it, but it solves what I assumed was going to be a problem when playing teams with fans who would show up there. Good solution and creates an actual student section 

I hope that's TEXAS students-only!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Saw that Yeti Yard is students only tonight. Some may not like it, but it solves what I assumed was going to be a problem when playing teams with fans who would show up there. Good solution and creates an actual student section 

Kudos to whoever in the AD office came up with that

• Hook 'Em 1

I can't say I fully understand Pierce's insistence on getting Borba in the lineup over playing O'Dowd at 1B and Kennedy at 2B, or Thomas at 1B with Gasparino in CF and another bat DH'ing.

But I guess Borba hasn't been horrible. 

25 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I can't say I fully understand Pierce's insistence on getting Borba in the lineup over playing O'Dowd at 1B and Kennedy at 2B, or Thomas at 1B with Gasparino in CF and another bat DH'ing.

But I guess Borba hasn't been horrible. 

Once a young player makes an error under Pierce they are toast for a long time.   Borba will disappear if he makes a game changing error just like Kennedy did.