Mizzou QB has a message for Tom Herman

bschoolprof

8 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I was pretty firmly on record as not being a fan of Tom doing that mainly because it was in a 7-6 season with some bad losses and against a shitty Missouri program that was playing well above their norm

the players liked it though clearly and the fact that their QB is still fucking crying about it the SEC SEC SEC media days (and reporters are asking about it) gives me the lutz, but of course that needs to be topped off with a much better season this year or it is just more buffoonery that will be remembered as he is possibly on his way out the door in the future

According to Hager after the game, this is when Herman won the locker room. I am happy to dance on the grave of a Mizzou douchebag if it was a turning point for the players... I would be happy to do it regardless. 

Saw this thread yesterday and thought nothing of it, opened the Dallas morning news just now and saw this article and written by of course I should have known. Ben Baby. Aggy douche extraordinaire. Do you these losers have anything else better to write? I’d expect something about jumbo preparing the great ag faithful for the upcoming championship of 202_.

i don’t see Texas writers going out of there way to write aggy articles in late July. 

As a neutral observer, fuck Drew Lock and Missouri.  I'm not aware of what other shenanigans they pulled that week, but if your players are doing the horns down on the field, you've forfeited your right to whine about shit like this.   

• Like 7

I thought it was funny and cool that the texas players mocked Locke, I think that's well a part of the game. But I think the head coach ought to be above it, at least on camera. Living in the vaccum of fanhood we often let "our guys" slide on stuff like that.   If fortunes were reversed and the mizzou coach did that, I would think he was a douche for it

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire said:

I thought it was funny and cool that the texas players mocked Locke, I think that's well a part of the game. But I think the head coach ought to be above it, at least on camera. Living in the vaccum of fanhood we often let "our guys" slide on stuff like that.   If fortunes were reversed and the mizzou coach did that, I would think he was a douche for it

Fuck that. Everyone already hates us. Let us have some fun at others expense for once. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire said:

That's funny as every game we play, we have the opposing coaching staff doing the horns down. 

4 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

That's funny as every game we play, we have the opposing coaching staff doing the horns down. 

Well you can roll around in the mud with the less respectable coaches out there or you can set the example and take the high road. It's a decision we all must make.  I figure being paid as much as he is, it should be an easy one!

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah and we think those coaches are fat fucking retards for it.

Pretty much.  I welcome it from opposing players I just feel like coaches ought to be setting the right example better. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire said:

Well you can roll around in the mud with the less respectable coaches out there or you can set the example and take the high road. It's a decision we all must make.  I figure being paid as much as he is, it should be an easy one

Except it's not a national story whenever the opposing coach does it and most non-UT fans take pleasure whenever people do the horns down or call it borderline erotic. We are the evil empire despite our record, so who gives a shit about taking the high road, particularly when the Mizzou players were being shits in the week leading up to the game.

I'm glad we have a coach that actually fires up his team to do something about it instead of the blank stare into nothing. 

34 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire said:

Fuck Mizzou and fuck you. They earned it, now Lock is crying about it. He learned nothing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Except it's not a national story whenever the opposing coach does it and most non-UT fans take pleasure whenever people do the horns down or call it borderline erotic. We are the evil empire despite our record, so who gives a shit about taking the high road, particularly when the Mizzou players were being shits in the week leading up to the game.

I'm glad we have a coach that actually fires up his team to do something about it instead of the blank stare into nothing. 

I would say a coach who does that should deservedly get criticized for it no matter who it is. And if you had read my previous post you would realize i welcome all that stuff from opposing fans and players, but from opposing coaches i expect more out of them.   Hey I guess he felt that mocking a player on the other team was the best way to fire up his boys.   I heard he was a MENSA genius, so i know he could have thought of something more creative than that though.  

• Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck Mizzou and fuck you. They earned it, now Lock is crying about it. He learned nothing. 

So? Locke is a college kid, Herman is the head coach and face of one of the most visible brands in all of sports. 

Edited by Glenn Quagmire
  • Fuck You 3

I still feel the same way about Herman mocking them as I did right after the game.  It's fucking hilarious.  I feel that way because of how the Mizzou team, fans and SEC homers acted leading up to that game.  They disrespected Texas nonstop at the pregame festivities.  Their fans and the SEC homers talked shit nonstop leading up to the game, basically saying Texas didn't deserve to even be on the field with that mighty SEC team.  Then even during the game their team talked shit, did the horns down and acted like arrogant pieces of shit while getting their asses kicked.

If Mizzou had been a classy team all week I would be pissed that Herman did that.  But they weren't at all so I find it hilarious.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire said:

I would say a coach who does that should deservedly get criticized for it no matter who it is. And if you had read my previous post you would realize i welcome all that stuff from opposing fans and players, but from opposing coaches i expect more out of them.   Hey I guess he felt that mocking a player on the other team was the best way to fire up his boys.   I heard he was a MENSA genius, so i know he could have thought of something more creative than that though.  

Fuck that shit.  For decades Texas has been mocked by opposing coaches, players and fans who do the horns down and more.  For decades Texas has been a mostly classy team.  Texas gets penalties called on them for shit like holstering the guns against Tech while in the same game Tech is allowed to do the horns down multiple times.  This type of stuff has been going on forever.  Being the classy one has cost Texas many times over the years, for instance not running up the scores in 2008 while OU did.  It's time to take the gloves off and fight back.

Edited by txhorns
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire said:

nope . houston nutt fucked that up for everyone . you do the horns down  i want you dead , i want your family dead , i want your house burned to the ground . 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

I don't know.... but I kinda like that Herman is a prick. 

Fuck a bunch a friendly mother fuckers.. stand up for your squad and your school and fuck everyone else. 

well we know where orange slices and cookies gets you . 

If there was anything crass or offensive about the said "mocking" I think a HC should be above that.  However, this looked like he was just getting into the fun and its no worse than a horns down.  I like that TH got into the excitement with a team and MIZZOU can go enjoy their time as an SEC bottom-feeder for all I care.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

53 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah and we think those coaches are fat fucking retards for it.

As a premeditated act, likely so.

34 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Locke reversed himself from after the game when he thought it was awesome.  Weak-minded bitch. 

13 minutes ago, Richter said:

If there was anything crass or offensive about the said "mocking" I think a HC should be above that.  However, this looked like he was just getting into the fun and its no worse than a horns down.  I like that TH got into the excitement with a team and MIZZOU can go enjoy their time as an SEC bottom-feeder for all I care.

Completely agree. I don't want my coach doing something like that as a habit, but that was an in-the-moment sharing of sweet revenge with his team whom we all expected to lose. Longhorns heard shit from those yokels all week long. Missouri paid the price for arrogance and over-confidence. Who wouldn't enjoy that as HC of Texas and share a moment with his team.

Yeah, I don't see how this is "low road" at all. Nobody's mama got called out, no offensive names were used, hell, there wasn't even any audible swearing. Herman simply picked up his players' riff on a disrespectful Missouri squad who clearly couldn't take what they had dished out. Fuck 'em.

• Like 1

What a fucking clown. I like he has to preface his statement with how great UT as a program is. So I guess the coach of said program should be above it? I know there was a big discussion on this after the game and some believed Herman should not have done it but I loved it. Players that age love when their coach connects with them on their level and can let loose. The players loved it. And that Mizzou QB hardly played worth a damn that game. Barely completed over half his passes (which is terrible in today's football) and mid 200s yards (which also isn't that great). So he can fuck off with his shitty team.

There are some things I'm not a fan of re: Herman.  This is not one of those things. 

Mizzou players were disrespectful throughout the week publicly, and Herman was celebrating with his players in response to shit like this:

Also, I love how this thread has been derailed by my avatar.  Long live mid 80's Colleen Camp.  

• Like 1