Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Thats as effective as I have seen him and his velocity was down 5-6mph.  I hope he has been watching some Greg Maddox videos. He was great tonight.

Maybe Simmons told him what’s what when he was at the park a couple weekends ago. Throw it as hard as you can while still controlling it. 85 and spotted is more effective than 89 down the middle. 

Posted (edited)

This league sucks again. Even TCU is more vulnerable than many national guys want to admit.

We win this series and we are sitting pretty nicely knowing we get OSU and TCU at home.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Anywhere for highlights of the game?

If you have twitter, the Texas Baseball account typically has highlights damn near in real time. Plenty there from last night. Here’s the 2nd slam. 

check out the goofs behind home plate  

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Miller was Pierce’s right hand guy. He was one of the few in the circle of trust and has been with him for over a decade.

Was more a culture guy more than anything specifically with hitting or fielding or whatever.

You’re telling me Meekins, Mehringer, and Warehime are all gone now?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Tech has lost to pretty much every team with a pulse that they have played.

Meant to comment on this yesterday and I forgot.

When you play Texas Southern and Gardner Webb for 6 games (literally might be two of the worst D1 baseball teams in the country) back to back weekends before conference play, you don’t learn anything about yourself and face zero adversity. 

Edited by Hookem2147

This is exactly where we want to be on a Saturday. Boehm fully rested and could probably go 3-4 innings, Witt and Harrison probably available out of the pen, Fontenot hasn’t been used.

Will be in even better shape if we can get 5 solid innings from Howard today.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

This is exactly where we want to be on a Saturday. Boehm fully rested and could probably go 3-4 innings, Witt and Harrison probably available out of the pen, Fontenot hasn’t been used.

Will be in even better shape if we can get 5 solid innings from Howard today.

i would think Witt wouldn't be available until tomorrow, but who knows?

agree with you though, Whitehead going the remainder of the game once he relieved LBJ last night was huge for today and tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

We need more of yesterday evening.  Let's get on 'em early and stay on their throats. LFG!

Stats are still whacked with the Garner-Webb deal.

Texas at Texas Tech (statbroadcast.com)

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=507398&_gl=1*jkcte*_ga*MTg5MTc2ODUyNy4xNjkxNjI2NjAx*_ga_2ZWVK1X7BJ*MTcwOTk0MTg0MC4yNjYuMS4xNzA5OTQ0NjM0LjAuMC4w