Baylor @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Another long outing by LBJ completely wasted by piss poor undisciplined hitting.  Nobody even thought about hitting to all fields.  Just pull/yank/swing-and-miss all F'n night.

Just now, HuntinHorn said:

You don’t just invite 7-13 Baylor into your house and expect to score runs ….

Texas fail to take advantage of bases loaded and no outs in the first inning was killer.

I am not sure how much more I can endure of this. Game after game, we look like complete shit. We cannot score consistently, we cannot pitch consistently, we cannot play defense consistently, we cannot perform the fundamentals of baseball. This is a poorly disciplined team and I lay that squarely on the feet of DP. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Tommy Farmer needs to start eating into Porter and Galvans ABs as well. No reason for him to be wasting on the bench not getting opportunities to get better.

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

man-stunned-with-confused-face-c7sn8ff8n

Took so long trying to find a gif you didn’t see I edited it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Another long outing by LBJ completely wasted by piss poor undisciplined hitting.  Nobody even thought about hitting to all fields.  Just pull/yank/swing-and-miss all F'n night.

I mean I think the dicktastic fielding had just as much to do with it. 

• Like 1

This shit sucks man. I love all Texas sports but baseball has always been #1. Look forward to opening day every year like a kid on Christmas morning and knowing we are 1 month in and already know what is about to likely happen.

Can be the most beautiful sport on the planet but also the most cruel.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This shit sucks man. I love all Texas sports but baseball has always been #1. Look forward to opening day every year like a kid on Christmas morning and knowing we are 1 month in and already know what is about to likely happen.

What really sucks is how much I was looking forward to this year. LBJ, Porter, Thomas, Powell, Flores, Witt, Harrison and to a lesser extent, Hurley and O’Dowd coming back. Then adding Gaspo and the rest of the recruiting class coming in had me pumped. Not to mention Mercer and what’s his fuck that quit on us. 

We’d definitely be better with Mercer and what’s his fuck, but not sure how much it would really help. Witt and Harrison being useless this year with Porter being meh, O’Dowd sucking, Galvan not developing at the plate  and Hurley being mediocre so far has been our demise. 

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t know why this team is afraid to strikeout looking but for some reason they all seem absolutely prettified at the thought. We get deep into counts and guys just go into 100% swing mode.

It kills them offensively, this team can hit but it doesn’t matter because no matter how good you are at the plate you aren’t going to consistently string together 3 and 4 hits an inning.

Gasparino needs to be dropped back into the 9 spot as well. It was helping him a lot being able to see more fastballs with teams challenging him trying to avoid turning the lineup over to Thomas and Powell

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I don’t know why this team is afraid to strikeout looking but for some reason they all seem absolutely prettified at the thought. We get deep into counts and guys just go into 100% swing mode.

It kills them offensively, this team can hit but it doesn’t matter because no matter how good you are at the plate you aren’t going to consistently string together 3 and 4 hits an inning.

This team certainly can hit. That’s the maddening part. Powell, Flores, Thomas, Belyeu, Gasparino. All dudes who will be playing baseball at the next level. Schuessler is hitting .375 and we’ve seen Porter Brown when he’s on. Thats 7 of the 9 dudes in the lineup.

Just doesn’t make sense.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I mean I think the dicktastic fielding had just as much to do with it. 

Who said the two are mutually exclusive?  

We scored 3 runs.  In college baseball, it's tough to consistently churn out wins with anemic offense - even with good defense.