Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Posted (edited)

I hope the hosts on 610, 790 and 97.5 rake this team over the coals tomorrow. Brown’s seat should be getting very warm. Awful roster construction. The Soto signing is paying huge dividends already for the Yanks. Fuck!

Edited by Macklemore

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Our bullpen can’t function without Martin Maldonado telling them what pitches to throw 

IMG_4644.jpeg

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Our bullpen can’t function without Martin Maldonado telling them what pitches to throw 

Posted (edited)

We knew they needed a left handed bat/outfielder before the season. They didn’t address it despite there being plenty of value picks out there.

I’ll give them a pass on starting pitching. Chasing the Urquidy injury with $25 million for Montgomery would have been extremely reactionary. 

The team has started slow and the Yankees have an outstanding lineup when healthy. It sucks, but it is what it is. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I hope the hosts on 610, 790 and 97.5 rake this team over the coals tomorrow. Brown’s seat should be getting very warm. Awful roster construction. The Soto signing is paying huge dividends already for the Yanks. Fuck!

790 is going to be a no dog. Salisbury is going to spend at least an hour tomorrow telling Astros Twitter to stop being babies, and challenging callers to fights. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

790 is going to be a no dog. Salisbury is going to spend at least an hour tomorrow telling Astros Twitter to stop being babies, and challenging callers to fights. 

And 610 will be discussing what effect the signing of reserve DT Foley Fatukasi will have on the Texans. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

This team will probably score 11 tomorrow and we will all think they finally broke through then they will go back to losing 4-1 or 3-2. 

blue jays will probably score 12 🥺🥺🥺

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Can confirm. $19 per beer (both big boy draught Karbach and the tall boy cans of whatever). $8 hot dog, $13 corndog, $15 chicken “tenders” and fries. 🤮 

3rd most expensive ballpark in MLB. Boston is 1 so they’re probably  more expensive than the Mets. 

Food options are bad unless you like chicken tenders, hamburgers or hot dogs. 

29 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

First base is a disaster.  I cannot believe Simpleton is on the roster.  

Mid relief is a disaster.

Alvarez better step up.

CF too

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

3rd most expensive ballpark in MLB. Boston is 1 so they’re probably  more expensive than the Mets. 

Food options are bad unless you like chicken tenders, hamburgers or hot dogs. 

chic-fil-a stands / el tiempo / killen's / $1 hot dog night

36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Maybe we just aren't gonna be good this year.

We really are due for a bad season. It happens.

Wow 4th game of the season and you have already hit Kübler-Ross’ final stage of grief -acceptance.

Dana Brown you are a turdburger look at what you have done to us. 

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Hader had a racist moment, so did fan favorite Yuri Curriel.  Fits the Houston motif.  Even minorities hate Asians there.

Yeah, the most diverse city in the nation that elected a lesbian mayor a decade ago and has been blue as long as most of us have been alive is really a hotbed for racism. The fuck??

Yes, I recall that Hader had some bad twitter posts when he was in high school. It’s not great and I’m not really sure how to square it other than I hope he has grown as a person. But to say “fits the Houston motif??” Fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

That 9th inning felt like a surreal teleport into the wicked moments of Weiss, Leyritz, Betts/Benintendi, or one of those 2020 Rays LCS games where it seemed scientifically impossible for things to fall in Astros favor.

Soto's RBI was ballsy (that whole AB was a masterclass), but their 3B's play down the line on Altuve was equally impressive.  One of the best 'game-saving' defensive moments I can recall in a regular season Astros game, right up there with Pena's division-winning plays in AZ and the old Springer grand-slam robbery in Arlington.

Overall despite the shitpile, Hunter's performance on Saturday was the most encouraging thing all weekend IMO.  That was a legit stopper-like effort and he seemed confident throwing/locating everything.  He is now the key to the rotation with Framber regressing, JV TBD, and Urquidy/Garcia/LMJ more uncertain.

The first base situation is really concerning.  Extremely.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So starting pitching other than Framber has been on point, bullpen is 0-4. High leverage relievers are 0-3 and we’ve scored 3 runs a game or so? 
exactly how we drew it up. 
awesome!  

has the season started ??

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

has the season started ??

Not for me. I have not seen a single pitch yet. We t on vacation with my kids Saturday morning. Game blacked out Thursday and on apple on Friday. 
I shall return Thursday morning. So, I missed the 1st week. My fault guys. 

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Not for me. I have not seen a single pitch yet. We t on vacation with my kids Saturday morning. Game blacked out Thursday and on apple on Friday. 
I shall return Thursday morning. So, I missed the 1st week. My fault guys. 

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN