Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Big win, good to recover for the split.  Great job by the bullpen.

Nice strategery from Espada to get one out from Hensley knowing that those 5 runs wouldn't hurt us.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

kc is hot

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'll take a series win, too.

4 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

Yep, they just got their own sweep.

True, true.  There's no rush.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Glad his family got to see him get hammered in person  

He didn’t really get hammered.

he did sheet his drawers though.

18 balls out of 39 pitches including a pitch timer violation, 3 walks and a HBP.

73, 93, 108, 83 were the exit velos on the four singles he gave up. So other than Garcia’s they didn’t really square him up

But yeah, sucks to go from a MLB locker room to catch a flight to… Albuquerque 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

He didn’t really get hammered.

he did sheet his drawers though.

18 balls out of 39 pitches including a pitch timer violation, 3 walks and a HBP.

73, 93, 108, 83 were the exit velos on the four singles he gave up. So other than Garcia’s they didn’t really square him up

But yeah, sucks to go from a MLB locker room to catch a flight to… Albuquerque 

did you watch the same 1/3 inning we all did? 

• Haha 2

Crazy game, but the bats were alive and they pulled off the W. 

Vic Caratini had some good at-bats, not just the homer, but they really should start him at first base and give Abreu a rest. There was one at-bat where he fought off like 7 balls and had a really long plate appearance. I love it when guys do that and wear down a pitcher. Even if he got no hits, at least making consistent contact on foul balls is better than whiffing at pitches 18 inches off the plate. 

Yordan kicked ass as per usual. He had a slow start in that Yankees series, but seems to have found his stride.  

Seth Martinez did awesome coming into a terrible situation. The Bullpen gave up 0 runs in 8 2/3 innings. Pretty pretty pretty good. 

Salvaging the series at 2-2 is not bad, as it ties the Rangers with the Angels for first place in the division and the Astros are only 2.5 games back. Still plenty of games to go, lots of things to be excited and worried about. Need to make some adjustments and keep grinding. Verlander will be back soon, and that should solidify the rotation for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Vic Caratini had some good at-bats, not just the homer, but they really should start him at first base and give Abreu a rest.

Don't know much about him, but is really an option?

30 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Good read …

"The cutter was a pitch that, early on, really helped with lefty’s, and now also righty’s, I’ve become very comfortable with it,” VanWey added.

Astrosfuture.com does not want me to take them seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

KC went 1-2 against the Orioles and Twins, then won 4 against the horribad White Sox. This should be an easy 2-1/3-0 series for the Astros, but we know that nothing for this team is easy.  KC has a +19 run differential and 15 of that came from the White Sox series. 

22 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

KC went 1-2 against the Orioles and Twins, then won 4 against the horribad White Sox. This should be an easy 2-1/3-0 series for the Astros, but we know that nothing for this team is easy.  KC has a +19 run differential and 15 of that came from the White Sox series. 

I thought this in 2023 as well. I’m not falling for the banana in the tailpipe again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1