Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

In Kansas City, Chas McCormick made an adjustment with his hands, bringing them down from up near his head in hopes of getting the bat head out quicker and pulling the baseball more. Two pull-side hits today.

He’s been working on that (pulling the ball) since spring training 

Astros beat the Rangers, 8-5, to take two of three in the series behind two homers from Altuve and seven strong innings from Javier. They've won consecutive games at home for the first time since Sept. 9-10, 2023.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Astros beat the Rangers, 8-5, to take two of three in the series behind two homers from Altuve and seven strong innings from Javier. They've won consecutive games at home for the first time since Sept. 9-10, 2023.

holy shit. I was at that 2nd game. And I remember it. And it felt like a looong time ago. 

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Dubon playe 1 or 2 games at 1B last year.   That minor league 1B prospect with high K% but still preferable over Buttons.  

Why not just play Dubon/Minor leaguer at 1B?

Because when you make a gazillion dollar mistake, it's important not to admit it and try to do something better, because then people might realize you made a mistake and say stuff, see?

Forgot a note from today's game: I hate 3-0 swings and call them selfish, my brother and I get in a lot of arguments over this often.  I just think base runners lead to more runs, why swing when you're only successful at hitting 30% of the time.  Anyways Altuves 2nd bomb may have changed me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

No idea if he's gonna be any good, but I can confidently say there aren't many 18 year olds built like this.

That was their 11th round draft pick. That means they like him. Those are the guys they think are first and second round talent that are tough signs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

No idea if he's gonna be any good, but I can confidently say there aren't many 18 year olds built like this.

He already looked like a grown ass man when they drafted him.

• Hook 'Em 2