2024 Masters

I prefer feature group coverage where it’s just 1 group and you see every shot on every home. Made me feel like I was walking the course with them. I want to watch players walking from shot to shot and eating their protein bars

• Hook 'Em 1

The Masters app on Apple TV is so enjoyable. I just wish they used the entire screen instead of shrinking the multiview just a bit. But you can easily select one of the 4 options which is normally Amen Corner for me. 

25 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Is it just me or does this color commentator sound like Jimbo Fisher?

LOL.  I know exactly who you are referring to.  Thinks he is hilarious but no one in the booth has laughed at any of his jokes.  

How do they get the ruffled Azaleas to bloom at the perfect time each year? The ones in the foreground of the camera shots have to be potted or planted the morning of. My street in SETX was Masters-ready exactly 3 weeks ago.

Those of you who have been IRL, are they all just perfectly bloomed?

Fatrick just keeps packing on that weight. So noticeable now that he is rarely on my usual golf telecasts.

• Like 1

It must be nice to strike fear into other golfers like Scottie. I know no one will ever be Tiger but damn he’s been about as consistently dominant as any of the greats since he came on the scene. Literally, other golfers know. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

his issues are much deeper

Something ain’t right. And it’s a shame bc he can make amazing shots that I’ve not seen many make. But his ground game is 💩 and he’s not consistent. I hate being critical of Jordan bc I’m a huge fan but Scottie is playing otherworldly right now. I hope it continues. We need someone like a Tiger that scares everyone on the course. And just happens to be a good dude and a 🤘🏼🤘🏼

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

How do they get the ruffled Azaleas to bloom at the perfect time each year?

I heard or read that they keep ice around the base of the plants for awhile to suppress the blooms.  Something about the blooming hormone is triggered by warm enough temperature for long enough time.

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

I heard or read that they keep ice around the base of the plants for awhile to suppress the blooms.  Something about the blooming hormone is triggered by warm enough temperature for long enough time.

It would be interesting to see the course in the fall, or even a few weeks before the Masters; because the aim at getting into prime shape for this week. Pretty sure the azaleas are kept in greenhouses, conditioned to bloom this week and transplanted to the course for the players/guests/TV audience enjoyment. No telling what else is done to make for prime time viewing. 

Not that I would ever get an invite during one of those times; hell I can't get an invite to be part of the general public. Now that I think about it, they treat me like I am Greg Norman & what did I ever do to them?

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

It would be interesting to see the course in the fall, or even a few weeks before the Masters; because the aim at getting into prime shape for this week. Pretty sure the azaleas are kept in greenhouses, conditioned to bloom this week and transplanted to the course for the players/guests/TV audience enjoyment. No telling what else is done to make for prime time viewing. 

Not that I would ever get an invite during one of those times; hell I can't get an invite to be part of the general public. Now that I think about it, they treat me like I am Greg Norman & what did I ever do to them?

Tell them your last name. Fairway. I mean…it should score an automatic invite. Tell them you’re a prestigious reporter for Surly News and you need to be on the green. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Something ain’t right. And it’s a shame bc he can make amazing shots that I’ve not seen many make. But his ground game is 💩 and he’s not consistent.  🤘🏼🤘🏼

Spieth's passing game and defense sucks too.  Special teams seems nonexistent...  😋

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

we did have a november masters in 2020.

Got a little dusty watching Tiger make the cut just now. Cool. Thats a moment no matter where he is on his road to reclaiming where he was. It’s cool to see. Good for him. 

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

that bunker cam is gonna end up sandblasted

I’m in Atlanta and it’s windy as fuck here too. Just swirling slap you in the face type winds. 

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Something ain’t right. And it’s a shame bc he can make amazing shots that I’ve not seen many make. But his ground game is 💩 and he’s not consistent. I hate being critical of Jordan bc I’m a huge fan but Scottie is playing otherworldly right now. I hope it continues. We need someone like a Tiger that scares everyone on the course. And just happens to be a good dude and a 🤘🏼🤘🏼

Jordan's swing isn't good compared to the best ball strikers. Never has been. He's such an insane talent that he's gotten away with it. Compare his swing to Scottie, massive difference, Scottie makes a much better and wider turn and gets the club into perfect position, doesn't have to re route it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

This is the annual weekend where America collectively says “Verne Lundquist is still alive?” 

(I know it’s his last. Wish him all the best. Here’s to him going out with a Scottie ace in the last group on Sunday) 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Like 1