$30MM heist in L.A.

Sandman

7 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

LOL... the "sophisticated" group apparently climbed the outside ladder to get on the roof, used the roof hatch to enter the building, opened the vault and then cut a hole in the side of the building to leave.... as none of these activities were being watched and no alarms were activated at "GuardAWorld" facility...

image.png.d7149c57c2c6673e14149cc6cdf6495e.png

giphy.gif

IMG_9580.jpeg

So hypothetically, 30M in hundreds is approximately the size of a small uhual carrying 30 2.4 foot cubes… 

Say you drive from LA to Miami in a 48 hour span to a marina in coral gables. It is then a nice 1000 mi boat ride to the 1000 mi 2 1/2 or so day boat trip. Then take the same boy back and then drive back to Texas and be home tonight….

I don’t know nuthin about nuthin and if anyone asks you guys saw me Tuesday in Austin so there is no way I was out of the country that day….

35 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So hypothetically, 30M in hundreds is approximately the size of a small uhual carrying 30 2.4 foot cubes… 

Say you drive from LA to Miami in a 48 hour span to a marina in coral gables. It is then a nice 1000 mi boat ride to the 1000 mi 2 1/2 or so day boat trip. Then take the same boy back and then drive back to Texas and be home tonight….

I don’t know nuthin about nuthin and if anyone asks you guys saw me Tuesday in Austin so there is no way I was out of the country that day….

That's a good logistical breakdown.  but that's not how we do it anymore.  You run through a small but 50-state federally thrift chartered bank.  The S-1 filings are set long in advance so as not arouse suspicion.  Some bullshit LP interest in CRE or whatever.  A fintech platform through the bank bounces around the transactions, half through legit accounts, half through the bullshit SPAC/S-1 p/e investments that don't actually exist.  20-30% is cut off the top, rest goes to the crew.  So much easier now than it used to be.  Well, maybe not easier.  But certainly faster.  

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

57 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

That's a good logistical breakdown.  but that's not how we do it anymore.  You run through a small but 50-state federally thrift chartered bank.  The S-1 filings are set long in advance so as not arouse suspicion.  Some bullshit LP interest in CRE or whatever.  A fintech platform through the bank bounces around the transactions, half through legit accounts, half through the bullshit SPAC/S-1 p/e investments that don't actually exist.  20-30% is cut off the top, rest goes to the crew.  So much easier now than it used to be.  Well, maybe not easier.  But certainly faster.  

Seems like something Creed from The Office would say.

• Haha 1

That's a good logistical breakdown.  but that's not how we do it anymore.  You run through a small but 50-state federally thrift chartered bank.  The S-1 filings are set long in advance so as not arouse suspicion.  Some bullshit LP interest in CRE or whatever.  A fintech platform through the bank bounces around the transactions, half through legit accounts, half through the bullshit SPAC/S-1 p/e investments that don't actually exist.  .........    and then you go public.

• Like 1

To determine the size of a cube that would hold 1,000,000 dollars in 100 dollar bills, we need to calculate the volume of the bills and then find the dimensions of a cube with that volume.

1. Size of a 100 Dollar Bill:
    According to the search results, a 100 dollar bill measures approximately 6.14 x 2.61 inches 
    [1]. 
  2. Volume of 1,000,000 Dollars:
    To calculate the volume, we need to determine the number of bills that make up 1,000,000 dollars. Since each bill is worth 100 dollars, we divide 1,000,000 by 100 to get 10,000 bills.
  3. Dimensions of the Cube:
    To find the dimensions of the cube, we need to calculate the volume of 10,000 bills. Since each bill has a thickness of negligible size, we can assume that the bills can be stacked without any gaps. Therefore, the volume of the bills is equal to the sum of the areas of the bills multiplied by the thickness.

The thickness of a bill is not readily available, but for the purpose of this calculation, we can assume it to be 0.0043 inches, which is the average thickness of a US dollar bill [2].

Volume = (Area of a bill) x (Thickness of a bill) x (Number of bills)
Volume = (6.14 x 2.61) x 0.0043 x 10,000

Calculating this, we find that the volume of the bills is approximately 672.6 cubic inches.

To find the dimensions of a cube with this volume, we need to find the cube root of the volume.

Cube Root of 672.6 = 8.6 inches

Therefore, a cube that would hold 1,000,000 dollars in 100 dollar bills would have dimensions of approximately 8.6 inches on each side.

IMG_2684.jpeg

IMG_2685.jpeg

Explain how this is not an inside job, with all the knowledge about the facility you would have to have to pull this off.   The list of possible suspects or suspects' informants has to be pretty easy to narrow down to a few hundred people.  People associated with the safe company, building maintenance contractors, guys who physically transfer the money, security system contractors, etc. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

To determine the size of a cube that would hold 1,000,000 dollars in 100 dollar bills, we need to calculate the volume of the bills and then find the dimensions of a cube with that volume.

1. Size of a 100 Dollar Bill:
    According to the search results, a 100 dollar bill measures approximately 6.14 x 2.61 inches 
    [1]. 
  2. Volume of 1,000,000 Dollars:
    To calculate the volume, we need to determine the number of bills that make up 1,000,000 dollars. Since each bill is worth 100 dollars, we divide 1,000,000 by 100 to get 10,000 bills.
  3. Dimensions of the Cube:
    To find the dimensions of the cube, we need to calculate the volume of 10,000 bills. Since each bill has a thickness of negligible size, we can assume that the bills can be stacked without any gaps. Therefore, the volume of the bills is equal to the sum of the areas of the bills multiplied by the thickness.

The thickness of a bill is not readily available, but for the purpose of this calculation, we can assume it to be 0.0043 inches, which is the average thickness of a US dollar bill [2].

Volume = (Area of a bill) x (Thickness of a bill) x (Number of bills)
Volume = (6.14 x 2.61) x 0.0043 x 10,000

Calculating this, we find that the volume of the bills is approximately 672.6 cubic inches.

To find the dimensions of a cube with this volume, we need to find the cube root of the volume.

Cube Root of 672.6 = 8.6 inches

Therefore, a cube that would hold 1,000,000 dollars in 100 dollar bills would have dimensions of approximately 8.6 inches on each side.

IMG_2684.jpeg

IMG_2685.jpeg

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Explain how this is not an inside job, with all the knowledge about the facility you would have to have to pull this off.   The list of possible suspects or suspects' informants has to be pretty easy to narrow down to a few hundred people.  People associated with the safe company, building maintenance contractors, guys who physically transfer the money, security system contractors, etc. 

Y'all hear that?  We usin' code names!  "Cash Storage Facility" sign out front shoulda told ya!

Yeah, the inner workings of the facility and actually make it out with the cash is truly difficult.  But washing it is so beyond easy these days, it's not even fair.  So long as you don't get into a shootout or hurt some civilian, once you know how to get it out---the rest is so simple.  Dumbshit stickup guys can get it done for a price once they're in the clear.  There's a reason why we're moving away from cash transactions.  

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Y'all hear that?  We usin' code names!  "Cash Storage Facility" sign out front shoulda told ya!

Yeah, the inner workings of the facility and actually make it out with the cash is truly difficult.  But washing it is so beyond easy these days, it's not even fair.  So long as you don't get into a shootout or hurt some civilian, once you know how to get it out---the rest is so simple.  Dumbshit stickup guys can get it done for a price once they're in the clear.  There's a reason why we're moving away from cash transactions.  

Well, I’m still gonna hoard my treefiddy in cash under the mattress.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Well, I’m still gonna hoard my treefiddy in cash under the mattress.

Well those hookers and blow ain't gonna bitcoin themselves my old friend.

21 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

This is real coin, not that bit crap….

IMG_1499.jpeg

This is crap….

IMG_9468.jpeg

IMG_9467.jpeg

I forgot that you were the guy who literally invented currency instead of gold or silver.  I forget sometimes that you've always been here. 

csb/ Was talking with my cousin-in-law (like an older brother to me) at Easter about the Wandering Jew story (we had just gotten home from Easter church service) who was condemned to walk the earth for eternity until the return of the Messiah.  He brought it up, the story of Pilot's Gatekeeper.  And I thought of your photo a few months back of that road atlas and some national park brochures and my response to it with the exact same Rand edition and park maps.  And I told him a story of when i was living in Salamanca, Spain.  We took a day trip to Toledo to see Saint Mary's Cathedral, one of Spain's most beautiful basilicas.  And a few people on the bus pointed out, "Hey that guy right there looks like just like Lobo."  Obviously they used my real name.  He was working on his Volkswagen just outside the cathedral with the hood up.  We get out the bus to shuffle inside.  I knew a thing or two about cars back then, so I walk over and ask if I can help (this is all in Spanish language).  He really did look just like me except he was about 15 years older, about the age of Cartaphilus when he was condemned to never rest.  I approached him and offered to help.  He said nothing of the car but asked me if I was a sephardic Jew.  I responded that my mother's family is/was from Spain & Portugal & Mexico and half-Jewish.  He then asks me if any of my family were celestial navigators on ships (they were---from Columbus' 2nd voyage to Kriegsmarine to the U.S. Navy).  Freaked the fuck outta me to this day.  Then he asks me if any of my family traded in currency or handled money.  I have a few members that have washed money to the point of this thread.  We switched out the coolant pump and I went inside the church.  And that, as they say, was that.  

Give me a map, some currency, and a century and I can work anything out.  I don't know how I know so much about cartography or moving money because I never studied either.  But you may be immortal sir.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Funny you say that "twin".  Although I also have family from Germany and know a bit of German language,  I never knew the term "doppelganger" until well into adulthood.  An old friend of mine told it to me because somebody said he was Jerry Seinfeld's doppelganger.  And he kinda does look like him.  A few years ago, he got wrapped up working for a large commercial real estate firm that did some business with Nate Paul (who, of course is in trouble for money laundering).  I'm starting to think you and I be related.  So I offer you my apologies.  

And that's fair.  My increasing reliance on higher power's love makes me think of it more often.  

But as for money laundering...you may not like where this story is headed.  Their connection to Russia is about to become very obvious.  Even has ties to Texas.  I never really understood "Life Imitating Art" as a young person, but it's becoming abundantly clear.  I guess I'm just waking up to it all.  

Gene Hackman at an Albuquerque Pappadeaux's for one of his last meals and tells the waiter about the time he starred in a movie literally called "Heist"?  But we don't live inside a simulation?  What in the ever living fuck?  

9 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I forgot that you were the guy who literally invented currency instead of gold or silver.  I forget sometimes that you've always been here. 

csb/ Was talking with my cousin-in-law (like an older brother to me) at Easter about the Wandering Jew story (we had just gotten home from Easter church service) who was condemned to walk the earth for eternity until the return of the Messiah.  He brought it up, the story of Pilot's Gatekeeper.  And I thought of your photo a few months back of that road atlas and some national park brochures and my response to it with the exact same Rand edition and park maps.  And I told him a story of when i was living in Salamanca, Spain.  We took a day trip to Toledo to see Saint Mary's Cathedral, one of Spain's most beautiful basilicas.  And a few people on the bus pointed out, "Hey that guy right there looks like just like Lobo."  Obviously they used my real name.  He was working on his Volkswagen just outside the cathedral with the hood up.  We get out the bus to shuffle inside.  I knew a thing or two about cars back then, so I walk over and ask if I can help (this is all in Spanish language).  He really did look just like me except he was about 15 years older, about the age of Cartaphilus when he was condemned to never rest.  I approached him and offered to help.  He said nothing of the car but asked me if I was a sephardic Jew.  I responded that my mother's family is/was from Spain & Portugal & Mexico and half-Jewish.  He then asks me if any of my family were celestial navigators on ships (they were---from Columbus' 2nd voyage to Kriegsmarine to the U.S. Navy).  Freaked the fuck outta me to this day.  Then he asks me if any of my family traded in currency or handled money.  I have a few members that have washed money to the point of this thread.  We switched out the coolant pump and I went inside the church.  And that, as they say, was that.  

Give me a map, some currency, and a century and I can work anything out.  I don't know how I know so much about cartography or moving money because I never studied either.  But you may be immortal sir.  

Was his name Carlo?

23 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He’s freaking 94, if alive people seldom look much better than that.  

No shit. Should I be cursed to live to the age of 94, I would feel fortunate if I was able to be out and about with some trim 32 years my junior and not requiring an oxygen tank and/or rascal. 

So I grew up in the hood and had some high school friends that weren't exactly law abiding. One of the folks, James, ended getting caught for a home burglary as I was heading off to college. (One of the theives bought a used Porsche 911 with cash that had slight burn marks from opening the safe they took out of the house. Yes, really, and he turned everyone else in.)

In Huntsville, unbeknownst to me, James upped his game. At one point, while working in Austin, he stopped by with a "co-worker". (He made regular trips from San Antonio back to South Carolina, where he was living but stopped in Dallas to "see friends".) 

I was pretty sure he was running coke or meth brought in from Mexico. Basically a mule.

At this stop by, at my work, in Austin, he took me to the back of a van he was driving to show me something.

It was large bags fulls of hundreds. I told him I wish he hadn't show me that....

About 3 months later someone in our mutual "network" informs me that James died of a cocaine overdose. That checked the box for me. I was very sad at the loss but it made sense.... until...

The FBI field office in Austin called me, asked me if I knew James and then asked me to come in for a chat.

Yeah... I agreed, and was too stupid not to get a lawyer first.

I showed up and it they were shocked to learn I left work, where I worked and that I was a Texas grad. I guess they just assumed I was a criminal buddy. They then asked me if I knew about James ODing. Asked if knew what he was doing and why the trips to San Antonio.

I said I guessed it was drug transport, but I never asked and never wanted to know.

He and a crew were breaking into banks in San Antonio at night, going through the roof. They were looking for the "buddy" James was with when he met me. Basically ended up cutting me lose when I explained my distant relationship back from High School.

I won't ever defend James' choices, but he was never cruel or mean to anyone. He was a thief, which is bad, but he wasn't evil, just a criminal. RIP homie. 

• Hook 'Em 1