Greeley, Colorado?

Armybrat

4 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

I'd stay in Longmont or maybe Loveland, not far away. I've never been to Loveland but it has to at least smell better than Greeley.

IIRC, Vance Bedford lives in Loveland

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

A Brit friend will be taking his small family there in June for a week’s stay. 
Any info on reasonable lodging, plus things to do would be appreciated.

We get our hats from Greeley Hat Works. I’ll bet your friends would enjoy it. Fun little place. 
Really encourage him to stay somewhere else and drive there every day.   Boulder and Fort Collins aren’t very far away. 

Edited by Kennythetiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah,  cow smell like Lubbock I believe.  And it’s a northern suburb of Denver. Thats like asking for lodging and things to do in round rock. 
It's not quite a suburb but probably will be in another 5-10 years. Used to be out all by itself.

On 4/17/2024 at 6:22 PM, Armybrat said:

A Brit friend will be taking his small family there in June for a week’s stay. 
Any info on reasonable lodging, plus things to do would be appreciated.

I didn’t mean to shit all over your friend’s trip. My intent was to give you a heads-up that the offal smell is….awful. And I am a High Plains guy that finds feedlots fascinating. The packing plants serve several vital functions, though. 
I really would encourage them to stop at Greeley Hat Works, though. It’s a great time. 

On 4/18/2024 at 11:21 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Is this a serious thread?

Yes, my OP is serious.

I have never been to Colorado myself and could not offer any answers for my friend, so he asked me to post a thread here for info about the town.

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:
Smells like Greeley; It's gonna snow....
Denver old adage

I've lived in Denver my entire life. Have never heard that one.

That was the first thing people told me when I moved there. Smells like shit, it’s gonna snow 

Posted (edited)

I agree with those who've said the more interesting places nearby are either in Boulder, Fort Collins or Denver. I've met a bunch of people who drive from Greeley to Fort Collins for work. I was in Greeley for a few hours about a year ago to visit a friend who had surgery.  Her family stayed at one of the hilton chain while she was in the hospital (probably the Dbl Tree but it may have been the Homewood). The hotel was "alright," so I heard. I drove through Greeley's small downtown area. There's more restaurants and bars to it than I expected, which wasn't much. UNC is in Greeley but it's a small school, maybe ten percent the size of TAMU - comparison provided for the "suckage scale."  I wasn't there at night so I have no idea about the vibe.

More than a few people who post in this forum would be beyond excited to know Greeley has both a Popeyes and a DQ grill n chill /s. I saw a Salvadorean restaurant or two that seemed authentic and worth checking out. Also Weldwerks brew pub. It's a short drive from Greeley to Windsor and I strongly rec a restaurant there, Chimney Park, if your friends want a splurge for dinner.  Greeley's big summer festival is "The Stampede"...rodeo and music.

Edited by Chopper

8 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Yes, my OP is serious.

I have never been to Colorado myself and could not offer any answers for my friend, so he asked me to post a thread here for info about the town.

And you call yourself a Texan…. 

It’s right there in the Texas constitution, article 20, about going to Colorado and telling the locals you’re from The Great State of Texas. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Covri said:

And you call yourself a Texan…. 

It’s right there in the Texas constitution, article 20, about going to Colorado and telling the locals you’re from The Great State of Texas. 

Actually I am originally from Georgia. 
Fort Benning to be specific.

7 hours ago, Armybrat said:

So, Greeley is similar to some of the Panhandle towns, but with mountain views in the far distance?

Now you’re getting it.  Think Guymon,OK with mountains in the distance 

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Actually I am originally from Georgia. 
Fort Benning to be specific.

But when you moved here and helped write the constitution we’d think you’d remember!

I was in Fort Collins several years ago on a business trip and asked my co-worker what the fuck is that smell? He says “oh, that’s just Greeley” Awful smell, it was as if someone had shit in my nose. Other than that, Fort Collins is a great city and where I’d recommend your friend stay. No way in hell I’d stay in Greeley 

On 4/20/2024 at 4:32 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 4/20/2024 at 2:39 PM, Js1 said:
That was the first thing people told me when I moved there. Smells like shit, it’s gonna snow 

Maybe it's a north Denver thing. I'm out south. We can't smell Greeley here.

004132c4-bc40-4020-a71b-4c7aa7c14837_tex

• Haha 2

On 4/20/2024 at 4:32 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 4/20/2024 at 2:39 PM, Js1 said:

Maybe it's a north Denver thing. I'm out south. We can't smell Greeley here.

Tell me you don’t hang with the cool kids without telling me you don’t hang with the cool kids.