Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not sure why you feel the need bash me, it was just an opinion.  

I just think you need to keep your eye on the ball and stop wandering way out of bounds regarding the truth we are mired in.

FACT:  30+ % of America is racist.  A bigger number is misogynist, homophobic, and just flat nationalist.

FACT:  these people need to just die off.  In the meantime, we need to regain control and try to restore some semblance of normalcy.

FACT:  "normalcy" does not mean "perfect".  I am so sick and fucking tired of seeing centrists through progressives pushing for every pipe dream because "now is the time".  The goal is, and should remain, to get Trump and anyone who thinks like him out of the Oval Office.  Goal #1.  That's it.  Get them the hell away from our government.  The other stuff can wait.

Normalizing the thoughts of the morons, as you are wont to do, is counter-productive.  They.  Are.  Idiots.  They do not need to be understood at a deeper level than "racist, nationalistic, misogynistic homophobic morons".  (I'm sure there are a few more adjectives I could use, but those are good for a start.)  Don't engage, don't equivocate, just dismiss.  They are not worth your time.  They are the enemy.

Do you get ANY of this?

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I live in Republican Trump country and Trump’s racism and ideology had nothing to do with why they supported him.  

One guy told me if Trump didn’t win, he would leave the Republican Party. 

They felt like had no control over their own political destiny with the establishment Republicans and they just watched the democrats have their own “revolutionary” candidate in Obama.  They wanted some of that, something different and disruptive.  

Not fucking Jeb Bush. 

I had the same experience. I know one guy that had the same sentiment. He had a lot of anger at the Republican Party and was cheering for Trump to fuck shit up during the primary. Then he wanted Trump to fuck shit up as President. He hated the Bush family as much as he did the Clinton family.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just think you need to keep your eye on the ball and stop wandering way out of bounds regarding the truth we are mired in.

FACT:  30+ % of America is racist.  A bigger number is misogynist, homophobic, and just flat nationalist.

FACT:  these people need to just die off.  In the meantime, we need to regain control and try to restore some semblance of normalcy.

FACT:  "normalcy" does not mean "perfect".  I am so sick and fucking tired of seeing centrists through progressives pushing for every pipe dream because "now is the time".  The goal is, and should remain, to get Trump and anyone who thinks like him out of the Oval Office.  Goal #1.  That's it.  Get them the hell away from our government.  The other stuff can wait.

Normalizing the thoughts of the morons, as you are wont to do, is counter-productive.  They.  Are.  Idiots.  They do not need to be understood at a deeper level than "racist, nationalistic, misogynistic homophobic morons".  (I'm sure there are a few more adjectives I could use, but those are good for a start.)  Don't engage, don't equivocate, just dismiss.  They are not worth your time.  They are the enemy.

Do you get ANY of this?

None of  this is possible without an actual purge.

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

I had the same experience. I know one guy that had the same sentiment. He had a lot of anger at the Republican Party and was cheering for Trump to fuck shit up during the primary. Then he wanted Trump to fuck shit up as President. He hated the Bush family as much as he did the Clinton family.

Have they realized yet that Trump is part of the establishment and isn't interested at all in fucking shit up?

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Have they realized yet that Trump is part of the establishment and isn't interested at all in fucking shit up?

Doubtful, they are motivated by emotion not reason. Shit, this was my main criticism of the tea party movement. It was a populist movement with an angry mob that couldn't clearly define its goals. Just a bunch of pissed off people wanting to tear down shit.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

as in, i affected your mother to orgasm last night

No hayden.  More like "When hayden makes his wife orgasm it is virtually impossible to discern, given that her affect is flat as a board for the duration of the entire exercise." 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Do you get ANY of this?

I get all that but you’re looking at Trump in the present with all the bad shit we’ve seen him do and where he’s taken the GOP.

The question was why did Trump win?  

And why did Trump win the nomination? 

My perspective is it wasn’t because his obvious flaws were appealing but more that his alternatives weren’t inspiring.  

The folks that I know that were excited to vote for Trump at the time are ashamed of him now.  They avoid talking about him all together in casual conversations.  They’re not on the Trump train like they used to be. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I get all that but you’re looking at Trump in the present with all the bad shit we’ve seen him do and where he’s taken the GOP.

The question was why did Trump win?  

And why did Trump win the nomination? 

My perspective is it wasn’t because his obvious flaws were appealing but more that his alternatives weren’t inspiring.  

The folks that I know that were excited to vote for Trump at the time are ashamed of him now.  They avoid talking about him all together in casual conversations.  They’re not on the Trump train like they used to be. 

That's a by product of the circles you run in.  I can only assume few of your friends voted for Trump -- those that did are sharp enough to see their folly.

The AVERAGE Trump voter is an under-educated, racist, homophobic, misogynistic nationalist moron, and they aren't changing.

19 minutes ago, F250 said:

None of  this is possible without an actual purge.

Nah. The emotional needs of large constituencies are ignored all the time without violent uprising or purging. Segmenting out the "my racism is my #1 motivator" whites and basically ignoring them isn't that big of an ask, really. There are plenty of non-racist whites and whites who are racist but care about other stuff more than being racist to bring into the big tent with policies that serve their needs and rhetoric that soothes their souls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retread said:

This is the shit that the media eats up and creates a big splash but it does the exact opposite of actually fostering real change. We already have an asshole that likes to point fingers and laugh at the other side. I don't mind a good joke but this will also turn off a hell of a lot of independents that are sick of this type of DC. Jokes at the expensive of the other party is low hanging fruit, how about you get something actually done and stop with the one liners. 

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

...do you know what "bully pulpit" means?

She doesn't have one. She's. 27 kid with little actual life experience, and no amount of your whining that she does is gonna change that fact. She hasn't articulated a single plan of action other than say free stuff for everybody, and you aren't gonna talk that away.

But you go ahead and fapp away

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

She doesn't have one. She's. 27 kid with little actual life experience, and no amount of your whining that she does is gonna change that fact. She hasn't articulated a single plan of action other than say free stuff for everybody, and you aren't gonna talk that away.

Lulz. You could've saved yourself a lot of time by simply typing "no."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

No hayden.  More like "When hayden makes his wife orgasm it is virtually impossible to discern, given that her affect is flat as a board for the duration of the entire exercise." 

"When?"  Man, y'all philosopher types are discussing fantastical shit like how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You apparently fail to realize that she falls back on Bernie's proposed legislation for details on most of her proposals. 

Not sure why you feel the need bash me, it was just an opinion.  
After 30 years of deciding between two presidential candidates that had more ideological overlap than differences, the common folk Republicans were excited to see something new and different.  Trump resonated that way. 
Bush
Bush
Dole
Bush
Bush
McCain
Romney 
These have been the presidential choices for Republicans over the past 30 years.  They fucking suck.  I live in Republican Trump country and Trump’s racism and ideology had nothing to do with why they supported him.  
One guy told me if Trump didn’t win, he would leave the Republican Party.
They felt like they had no control over their own political destiny with the establishment Republicans and they just watched the democrats have their own “revolutionary” candidate in Obama.  They wanted some of that, something different and disruptive. 
Not fucking Jeb Bush.

Lot of truth here.
Plus “he’s a business man”
“Give an outsider a shot”
Plus two families shouldn’t own the executive for the better part of 3 decades.

(That’s not to say trump was a viable answer,)

On 1/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, jimmyjazz said:

FACT:  these people need to just die off. 

What makes you think they are old? Or are you saying they need to made to die off? 

Edited by burntorangebongos

Racism isn't going anywhere, ever. It's a way of looking at the world. It's an idea. It's a feeling. You can't eradicate these things or wait them out.

In the Civil Rights era, there was an idea among progressives that racism would be frozen out of the mainstream media culture (largely successful) and that individual racists would feel isolated and unable to talk about it in public so the negative influence of their racism would be contained. The Internet makes that impossible, because now, not only do set-in-stone racists have 24/7 community, they can recruit young men, who are dumb and easy to impress.

So you have to...

1) Actively fight racism. (Counter-protest, deplatform, punch Nazis in the face)

2) Build an economically fair nation in order to increase happiness, which will decrease racism.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Racism isn't going anywhere, ever. It's a way of looking at the world. It's an idea. It's a feeling. You can't eradicate these things or wait them out.

In the Civil Rights era, there was an idea among progressives that racism would be frozen out of the mainstream media culture (largely successful) and that individual racists would feel isolated and unable to talk about it in public so the negative influence of their racism would be contained. The Internet makes that impossible, because now, not only do set-in-stone racists have 24/7 community, they can recruit young men, who are dumb and easy to impress.

So you have to...

1) Actively fight racism. (Counter-protest, deplatform, punch Nazis in the face)

2) Build an economically fair nation in order to increase happiness, which will decrease racism.

Switch #1 and 2 because 2 basically does the job for #1. 

No one is ever born racist. The default position is the null set, so it thus follows that racism is 100% engendered within the individual's upbringing through their formative years. Racism has no justification, but it survives when demagogues wax poetic about fictitious periods in the country's history (MAGA) purely for their own personal gain. But those demagogues can only exist when droves of people are angry and frustrated about their lot in life. There's a demographic of people who take the position that goes like this: "if you're poor, it's 100% your fault." The people who say that are hands down the most dishonest and full of shit people on the planet. Yes, your #2 is something society desperately needs at this point in history, and for a lot of reasons, but diversion/racism/etc are definitely among them. You get a few successive generations who live in a prosperous society like the ones certain others have created, that racism bullshit shrinks to a bare-assed minimum. When was the last time you heard about the wave of people in Copenhagen screaming "Gør Danmark stor igen?"

• Like 1

Ah yes, the timeless adage of "Europe is so progressive"...a continent (without the Russian portion) not much bigger than the American Southeast that somehow went and divided itself into 50 nations.  Fifty countries in a place no bigger than the SEC.  Because the moment they realize they're even a hair different from one another, they broke off and formed another city-state or nation-state.  They do many things well, and a big part of it is they don't have to include anybody in their plans that's different from them. 

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Didn't Denmark institute immigration policies that make Trump's look liberal?

You mean putting unwanted immigrants on an isolated island

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/world/europe/denmark-migrants-island.html

Instruction of “ghetto” immigrant children of Danish values

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/world/europe/denmark-immigrant-ghettos.html

the answer is yes to your question

I gotta say, I didn’t expect the series finale of “America” to be this ironic/funny. So many more laughs than the sacking of Rome got.

We are pretty fucking far from Rome. We are less than 100 years in of dominance and are fucking up royally.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez