Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

7 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:
I think it's also worth noting that these mouth-breathing mongoloids have no idea how far back the term concentration camp goes. Hell we used them during WWII when we interred those of Japanese descent. 

It's almost like most of the people offended by the term don't actually know what it means

And FOX News is striving to keep it that way. The adherents lap it up like a dog laps vomit.

The hate engine must be fed. AOC is the chosen target, but she is a very capable opponent. They dig and dig while she keeps up the devastating ripostes. The right chose the wrong woman of color to single out as the evil face of the ebil libs.

The callous placement of children in a converted Walmart with neither opportunities for education or recreation and no contact with family can hardly be called anything other than a concentration camp.

As a balance to the private fund collected for building the wall, good people should start a private fund to provide toys, teaching, and other attention to the imprisoned children. I'd donate.

At least we provide art for them to look at and admire. Remember this:

7409-Trump-mural-at-migrant-child-detent

12 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

My how quickly we forget. Obama admitted he lied about it. But it wasn’t a lie though. Didn’t affect millions. Fake news?

Oh really? You shouldn't have any trouble providing a source for this then.  Or are you lying?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yep, the majority of homeless are there because of medically related issues, typically mental and related drug issues.  Giving them a home would be spending Money, and effort on something that will have little to no effect on actually changing their lives or physical condition.

Yeah, but those things are related. Housing isn't THE solution, but it's certainly part of any solution to deal with chronic homelessness.  Another part is getting your dumb fucking partisan bullshit out of our healthcare and mental health system. 

I played an extremely small part in making this happen.  This is now being viewed as a national model. You should give these guys money if you want to walk your talk about changing lives. 

Community First! Village

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

Hilarious how no one batted an eye when Obama did "concentration camps."  

The government of the United States would never call the sprawling network of facilities now in use across many states "concentration camps," of course. They’re referred to as "federal migrant shelters" or "temporary shelters for unaccompanied minors" or "detainment facilities" or the like. (The initial processing facilities are run by Border Patrol, and the system is primarily administered to by the Department of Homeland Security. Many adults are transferred to ICE, which now detains more than 52,000 people across 200 facilities on any given day—a record high. Unaccompanied minors are transferred to Department of Health and Human Services custody.) But by Pitzer's measure, the system at the southern border first set up by the Bill Clinton administration, built on by Barack Obama's government, and brought into extreme and perilous new territory by Donald Trump and his allies does qualify. Two historians who specialize in the area largely agree.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a27813648/concentration-camps-southern-border-migrant-detention-facilities-trump/

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Actually, homelessness and even mental health is very much a local problem.  While there are common threads amongst all the populations, the homeless population in NYC is different than that in Houston, Austin, or San Francisco.  The fact is that what is causing this homelessness in one of those metro areas is going to be different than in another.  I know in Houston, we have a lot of homeless vets.  That means that there are different issues at play there than with some of the other homeless populations.  Yes, a lot of it is mental health related, but PTSD is a bit different than being bi-polar or having a multiple personality disorder.  

Notice, I did not say that charity could fix it all, but I absolutely do believe it has a large role to play here, even if that is by applying for community grants from the government to administer programs.  I do not beleive that the federal government is equipped to address this.  This is, if it falls to government, a state and local problem.  

FYI, you went assuming things again.  Might need to stop that.

You are completely missing the point of whatever is driving the homelessness is not going to be solved by fucking charities and grants UNLESS we can increase funding. It's going to take money and that is going to have to be raised through taxes. That's my point, I don't care how much you know the local group you see in your area, the main thread is that we aren't spending enough, we expect our police forces and hospitals to treat these people instead of paying actual social workers and mental health professionals to do nothing but work with the homeless population.

The states that expanded medicaid (surprise) have the best outcomes of treating metal health in this country. You live in Texas, I live in Georgia, neither of our shitty states have done this.

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

You are completely missing the point of whatever is driving the homelessness is not going to be solved by fucking charities and grants UNLESS we can increase funding. It's going to take money and that is going to have to be raised through taxes. That's my point, I don't care how much you know the local group you see in your area, the main thread is that we aren't spending enough, we expect our police forces and hospitals to treat these people instead of paying actual social workers and mental health professionals to do nothing but work with the homeless population.

The states that expanded medicaid (surprise) have the best outcomes of treating metal health in this country. You live in Texas, I live in Georgia, neither of our shitty states have done this.

That certainly would help with the mental health issues in the form of treatment and the availability of social workers, but something that doesn't get nearly enough discussion is the role that exclusionary zoning contributes to homelessness at every level, ranging from constricting housing supply to prohibiting group and multifamily housing in high opportunity areas. 

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

That certainly would help with the mental health issues in the form of treatment and the availability of social workers, but something that doesn't get nearly enough discussion is the role that exclusionary zoning contributes to homelessness at every level, ranging from constricting housing supply to prohibiting group and multifamily housing in high opportunity areas. 

I was strictly talking about mental health in that post, but yes I agree. There are a million things we could discuss, NIMBYs, zoning, laws about loitering, etc. The laughable idea that providing housing is not the solution to help people get back on their feet because that, I guess, rewards their bad behavior of being an addict is downright dumb. Of course not 100% of people are going to end up turning their life around, but the Vox article I linked cities multiple studies and programs where they've shown this has a tremendous positive effect on homelessness, and it's cheaper than policing homeless people breaking laws.

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

People really do hate that darn Obamacare.

The phrase, "This is why Trump," was thrown around on another forum I follow and is a point still lost by the Dems to this day.  The foundation behind the ACA was hopeful but its implementation was so poor that it pushed the party-parity-pendulum in full swing, as EU free-movement among a looming migrant powder keg and kettle/toaster appliance regulations in the EU pushed the Brexit agenda.  Obamacare is exactly why Trump and now politically-aligned moderates join a similarly small table with libertarians, appearing nearly as crazed to the ill-productive sides of both extreme left and right.  Force-feeding opposing-party-thought is why we're here to shitfest, right?  

9 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

This is who these assholes are. They are racist pieces of shit. No need to skirt around that. 

Stop labeling immigration policies you don't agree with as 'racism'.  Melanin and cultural identity has little to do with it and if anything, is just a war on the poors, assuming someone will be stuck with the check to pay for them.  Not-so-thinly-veiled here:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/15/trump-immigration-plan-puts-emphasis-on-skills-education-over-family.html

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yeah, but those things are related. Housing isn't THE solution, but it's certainly part of any solution to deal with chronic homelessness.  Another part is getting your dumb fucking partisan bullshit out of our healthcare and mental health system. 

I played an extremely small part in making this happen.  This is now being viewed as a national model. You should give these guys money if you want to walk your talk about changing lives. 

Community First! Village

Hey fuck you with the dumb fucking partisan  shit comment. The rest of Your post is now irrelevant.

8 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
9 hours ago, UpperWestside said:
I think it's also worth noting that these mouth-breathing mongoloids have no idea how far back the term concentration camp goes. Hell we used them during WWII when we interred those of Japanese descent. 

It's almost like most of the people offended by the term don't actually know what it means

Never again I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

The phrase, "This is why Trump," was thrown around on another forum I follow and is a point still lost by the Dems to this day.  The foundation behind the ACA was hopeful but its implementation was so poor that it pushed the party-parity-pendulum in full swing

Was the ACA we got the ACA Obama wanted? I'm under the impression that the GOPs blocked single-payer and other approaches that have worked in other Western countries.

Admittedly, I'm not anything like an expert on the issue. I know it's important, but I get bored talking about anything other than the generalities. The main generality are the absurdly high costs that Medicare allows to be charged for goods and services. I presume this is a result of lobbying and graft, but that's all I got.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hey fuck you with the dumb fucking partisan  shit comment. The rest of Your post is now irrelevant.

oh boo hoo, Here are a few more irrelevancies for you.
You probably believe, for example,  that charity and private giving should play a central role in providing services. I agree with you. You also want the deficit to go down. I agree with that too.
Guess what, though:  that dumb tax bill you supported caused giving to fall and caused the National deficit to climb by 20%, all that despite the fact that we are in an economic expansion, and both of those numbers should be going the opposite direction. Of course, you knew all this before you supported the bill, but you supported it anyway, because Republican. 

When your party makes you stupid and damages the things you think you care about, it's because your party separated you from your interests. Sorry if that hurts your feels. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Was the ACA we got the ACA Obama wanted? I'm under the impression that the GOPs blocked single-payer and other approaches that have worked in other Western countries.

Admittedly, I'm not anything like an expert on the issue. I know it's important, but I get bored talking about anything other than the generalities. The main generality are the absurdly high costs that Medicare allows to be charged for goods and services. I presume this is a result of lobbying and graft, but that's all I got.

Probably not and it was far too watered down to become effective, but a noble step in the right direction to reform healthcare costs (and ultimately who's paying for it).  Only the lobbyists won.

Derp, concentration camps are only a part of the Holocaust and mentioning them in any other context demeans the victims of the Holocaust derp derp derp. God, being a historian in today's climate is excruciating. Non-book readers having the platform they have is nauseating.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

As a balance to the private fund collected for building the wall, good people should start a private fund to provide toys, teaching, and other attention to the imprisoned children. I'd donate.

There are plenty of groups doing this, and they're doing AMAZING work -- check out Raices, Angry Tias and Abuelas, and Catholic Charities (we've given to and worked with all three).  By the way, Raices had a short fundraising effort that blew away the amount that the private "wall" fundraiser raised.

The other thing that really does amaze me is the incredible inconsistency on the entire issue of refugees and immigrants.  On the one hand, we have people -- the Trumpkin right -- who loudly proclaim to be the holiest of the holy Christians, led by a president who was annointed by God for that purpose (they LITERALLY SAY this).  I mean, we have guys like Franklin Graham and Robert Jeffress shouting this stuff from the mountaintops.  Let there be no doubt, Trumpism is a CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT, they've made that loud and clear.

So we have Christians.....who aren't just complaining, but are enraged.....by the prospect of [checks notes] caring for desperate refugees and immigrants seeking safety and security.  Huh.

I mean, I'm not the best Christian.  But even I figured out that the words of this dude called Christ probably should have some relevance.  AND, if you're going to declare that you are governing based on your faith, you're gonna get called on it.  Cuz that Christ guy said some wacky shit about this exact issue:

Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are,

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

So, when purported "Christians" ask you the histrionic question "WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF 100K JUST SHOWED UP IN AUSTIN?".....isn't the Christian answer "well, I'd work to shelter and feed and clothe them?"  And when the histrionic "Christians" say "but we don't have the resources!"....sure we do.  What they mean is "we don't have the resources to care for these people without making some kind of sacrifice to our pretty damned high standard of living."  But nobody said caring for your fellow man should be done, but only if it doesn't require sacrifice on your part. Christ sure didn't.  Hell, Christ wants you to give someone your coat AND shirt.

So, be an immigration-hysterical Trumpkin.  Or be a Christian.  Just know that you can't be both, no matter how many times you say otherwise.

And the only oil Trump has been annointed with is whatever drips into his lap from his McDonalds meal.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

You have a really odd definition of "lie".  It's almost as if you've never seen a politician speak *.  Obama copped to a lot of things, mostly his naivete in how such a plan could be enacted, but he hardly admitted that when he was making those statements he had no intention of not keeping his promise.

* e.g., "no new taxes".

38 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

oh boo hoo, Here are a few more irrelevancies for you.
You probably believe, for example,  that charity and private giving should play a central role in providing services. I agree with you. You also want the deficit to go down. I agree with that too.
Guess what, though:  that dumb tax bill you supported caused giving to fall and caused the National deficit to climb by 20%, all that despite the fact that we are in an economic expansion, and both of those numbers should be going the opposite direction. Of course, you knew all this before you supported the bill, but you supported it anyway, because Republican. 

When your party makes you stupid and damages the things you think you care about, it's because your party separated you from your interests. Sorry if that hurts your feels. 

You addressed nothing about what I said. You just ran out that tired old partisan YOUR party line. You have a nice day now.

21 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Objection, non-responsive. The challenge was for you to produce a source supporting your claim that Obama admitted it was a lie. If you can't do so, then you were lying.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, when purported "Christians" ask you the histrionic question "WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF 100K JUST SHOWED UP IN AUSTIN?".....isn't the Christian answer "well, I'd work to shelter and feed and clothe them?"

NBC aired a story just this morning showing how a poverty-stricken small town in New Mexico has managed to marshal $15K per day to help immigrants.  This town has a poverty rate twice the national average, but somehow has opened its doors to assist.  The local Catholic church alone is housing 300 migrants, with some 85 per week cycling through.

So yes, some Christians walk the walk.  Some (like for instance many around these parts) just talk.

Deming NM migrant aid efforts

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Well, um yeah, this current reality show is extremely entertaining. I wonder is this changes when he’s gone or if all of the hyperbole is here to stay. I guess we’ll see. 

10,000 lies isn't hyperbole.  Actually calling for violence against journalists isn't hyperbole.

Your stupidity, and that of those who would dismiss those things -- and a hundred others that are unprecedented in this country -- is not hyperbole.  

Just now, Brisketexan said:

10,000 lies isn't hyperbole.  Actually calling for violence against journalists isn't hyperbole.

Your stupidity, and that of those who would dismiss those things -- and a hundred others that are unprecedented in this country -- is not hyperbole.  

In 2022 (after Trump wins reelection because the Dems nominated Biden) Trump's administration will be gassing immigrants in these camps and guys like Chrispy will still be chastising us for calling them concentration camps because reasons.  

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There are plenty of groups doing this, and they're doing AMAZING work -- check out Raices, Angry Tias and Abuelas, and Catholic Charities (we've given to and worked with all three).  By the way, Raices had a short fundraising effort that blew away the amount that the private "wall" fundraiser raised.

The other thing that really does amaze me is the incredible inconsistency on the entire issue of refugees and immigrants.  On the one hand, we have people -- the Trumpkin right -- who loudly proclaim to be the holiest of the holy Christians, led by a president who was annointed by God for that purpose (they LITERALLY SAY this).  I mean, we have guys like Franklin Graham and Robert Jeffress shouting this stuff from the mountaintops.  Let there be no doubt, Trumpism is a CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT, they've made that loud and clear.

So we have Christians.....who aren't just complaining, but are enraged.....by the prospect of [checks notes] caring for desperate refugees and immigrants seeking safety and security.  Huh.

I mean, I'm not the best Christian.  But even I figured out that the words of this dude called Christ probably should have some relevance.  AND, if you're going to declare that you are governing based on your faith, you're gonna get called on it.  Cuz that Christ guy said some wacky shit about this exact issue:

So, when purported "Christians" ask you the histrionic question "WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF 100K JUST SHOWED UP IN AUSTIN?".....isn't the Christian answer "well, I'd work to shelter and feed and clothe them?"  And when the histrionic "Christians" say "but we don't have the resources!"....sure we do.  What they mean is "we don't have the resources to care for these people without making some kind of sacrifice to our pretty damned high standard of living."  But nobody said caring for your fellow man should be done, but only if it doesn't require sacrifice on your part. Christ sure didn't.  Hell, Christ wants you to give someone your coat AND shirt.

So, be an immigration-hysterical Trumpkin.  Or be a Christian.  Just know that you can't be both, no matter how many times you say otherwise.

And the only oil Trump has been annointed with is whatever drips into his lap from his McDonalds meal.

The Trump DOJ is prosecuting people for abiding by Matthew 25:35.

So the Trump administration's view on religious freedom. Discriminate against gays. Go for it. Provide food, water and shelter to needy strangers. Go to jail you libtard. 

tumblr_pt5knpvYQJ1shiv3ro1_400.png

• Like 3

Just checking in that we are arguing over the semantics of what a concentration camp is and what AOC said when THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IS LOCKING PEOPLE UP IN CAMPS AND SEPARATING FAMILIES

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Just checking in that we are arguing over the semantics of what a concentration camp is and what AOC said when THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IS LOCKING PEOPLE UP IN CAMPS AND SEPARATING FAMILIES

"I mean, they're not even gas CHAMBERS.  A "chamber" is a "large room used for formal or public events."   And these gassings are very informal, they aren't even on a regular schedule, we just do them when we need to get rid of some undesirables.  Look it up and do your homework before you say these things.Why do you side with [jews, brown people, whatever] over your own citizens and veterans?  Patriots like us are SICK of people like you!"

"No, the jews are NOT being put in "cattle cars."  They are now being used for transporting people, so they are passenger cars, by definition.  Words have meaning, libtards!"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s hyperbole. Your inability to distinguish between this and reality portends a dreary future filled with sanitariums. Although I have heard that some orderlies will indulge fantasies, so you might be in luck. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Chrispy said:

It’s hyperbole. Your inability to distinguish between this and reality portends a dreary future filled with sanitariums. Although I have heard that some orderlies will indulge fantasies, so you might be in luck. 

Trump's thousands of lies are hyperbole?

Your admission that you do not acknowledge plain truth is duly noted.  Your perspective and commentary on anything is thus duly discredited.

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Narrator: “Yes.”

Oh really? You shouldn't have any trouble providing a source for this then.  Or are you lying?

Stop feeding Russian trolls. Their shit country, shit military and shitty opportunities has lead them to becoming internet trolls. Even their vodka sucks. But I guess when they got the shit kicked out of them by the Germans and we had to save that backwater shithole, they so desire a win. Fuck even their iconic tank was a US design.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump's thousands of lies are hyperbole?

Your admission that you do not acknowledge plain truth is duly noted.  Your perspective and commentary on anything is thus duly discredited.

I had no idea there was anything bad about the president in the Mueller report.

46 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Objection, non-responsive. The challenge was for you to produce a source supporting your claim that Obama admitted it was a lie. If you can't do so, then you were lying.

Ah the “but he didn’t mean to” defense. 

In announcing the fix, Obama again conceded he had exaggerated. "There is no doubt that the way I put that forward unequivocally ended up not being accurate," he said. "It was not because of my intention not to deliver on that commitment and that promise.  We put a grandfather clause into the law, but it was insufficient."

I’m moving on, he lied to get his “legacy” passed. Liberals fell for it. The rest of us will pay for it as usual. Love him all you want.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

In announcing the fix, Obama again conceded he had exaggerated. "There is no doubt that the way I put that forward unequivocally ended up not being accurate," he said. "It was not because of my intention not to deliver on that commitment and that promise.  We put a grandfather clause into the law, but it was insufficient."

I’m moving on, he lied to get his “legacy” passed. Liberals fell for it. The rest of us will pay for it as usual. Love him all you want.

This is the opposite of what you represented. You lied.

30 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Good. I want you to pay for it. I vote for Democrats specifically to raise your taxes.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Sure I did, I just gave you a little garnish on top. Partisan identity is stupid. Free your mind.

Yeah, no you just played the same old tired game, I'm right you're a fucking asshole.  Nothing in my posts were partisan.  You've got guys like Dennison making blankets statement that we should just give the homeless homes, like that's going to fix the issue.  

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, no you just played the same old tired game, I'm right you're a fucking asshole.  Nothing in my posts were partisan.  You've got guys like Dennison making blankets statement that we should just give the homeless homes, like that's going to fix the issue.  

If homeless people have homes, they are no longer homeless, dummy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Your position would be better if, in fact, Bozo wasn't right and you weren't a fucking asshole.  Just an observation from another asshole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Your position would be better if, in fact, Bozo wasn't right and you weren't a fucking asshole.  Just an observation from another asshole.

Yeah, well, at least he's fucking, so he's got that going for him.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez