2024 State Flips Game.

Pick your states to differ from 2020. Can also be the odd votes flipping from NE and ME.  Nebraska went state (R), 1st Dist. (R), 2nd Dist. (D), 3rd Dist. (R). Maine went state (D), 1st Dist. (D), 2nd Dist. (R).  

image.thumb.png.a40a7f023b9a79dbc5d12ff5536f8d9a.png

Honor and prestige to those that (1) get the most right with the fewest wrong; (2) do so further from the election.

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Pick your states to differ from 2020. Can also be the odd votes flipping from NE and ME.  Nebraska went state (R), 1st Dist. (R), 2nd Dist. (D), 3rd Dist. (R). Maine went state (D), 1st Dist. (D), 2nd Dist. (R).  

image.thumb.png.a40a7f023b9a79dbc5d12ff5536f8d9a.png

Honor and prestige to those that (1) get the most right with the fewest wrong; (2) do so further from the election.

Nevada goes Red (I know, I know)
GA goes Red. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Blotto said:

That would be the most surprising outcome of all. 

Nevada won’t flip no matter how many people think it will 

Georgia actually recorded more Dem leaning voter registrations since 2020 than GOP. Posted that in the presidential election thread

Dont see the Midwest flipping. Especially Wisconsin now that Dem voters and independents have a reason to turn out (fair state house maps)

NC will be close but Stein won’t drag Biden across the finish line. It’ll be a big Dem governor win (6-9 points) but Trump wins by 1-2

Abortion on the ballot in Arizona will carry Biden 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My

GA -> D to R

NC -> R to D

WI -> D to R

Final: Biden 289-249

I haven't checked historical voting patterns yet, but I can't see GA and NC going opposite directions. I'd bet they have similar tendencies, except NC moved farther left than GA in 2008, while GA moved farther left in 2020.

Didn't y'all hear: despite evidence of the least energized election-year voting populace in a generation and ZERO off year election results backing up this claim, we will have an unprecedented demographic shift that will push every swing state red.

If Georgia goes R then Trump will win. If any state is getting redder that isn’t already solid red that’s a bad sign for everything. I can’t fathom Atlanta becoming more willing to vote for trump than in 2020. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Nevada won’t flip no matter how many people think it will 

Georgia actually recorded more Dem leaning voter registrations since 2020 than GOP. Posted that in the presidential election thread

Dont see the Midwest flipping. Especially Wisconsin now that Dem voters and independents have a reason to turn out (fair state house maps)

NC will be close but Stein won’t drag Biden across the finish line. It’ll be a big Dem governor win (6-9 points) but Trump wins by 1-2

Abortion on the ballot in Arizona will carry Biden 

What you say on a state by state basis may very well be true. But you start multiplying probabilities and shit will change. Not a prediction of which state or which direction, just that change is inevitable. 

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

What you say on a state by state basis may very well be true. But you start multiplying probabilities and shit will change. Not a prediction of which state or which direction, just that change is inevitable. 

I just haven’t seen much to prove that it won’t just be 2020 redux. That’s been my prediction since the midterms in 2022 decimated the “red wave” polling

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah but the cost of McDonald's and Chick-fil-a went up. Nevada and Arizona I could see going red because the desert is full of loons. I don't see Wisconsin going red. Georgia should stay blue but there's enough fuckery going on voting rights that I could see that flipping.  

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I just haven’t seen much to prove that it won’t just be 2020 redux. That’s been my prediction since the midterms in 2022 decimated the “red wave” polling

I remember 2022 being essentially a complete disaster for republicans. 

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've seen one thing: we've never had the same map twice in a row.

I honestly can’t think of much that is different from 2020 except for the emigration from California (largely red voters) to other already red states. 

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've seen one thing: we've never had the same map twice in a row.

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe go fuck yourself?

Im not placing money on it bc betting on the American public is a stupid endeavor. It’s just been my prediction for almost a year and a half now 

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hopefully Biden doesn't lose ground running against a convicted felon who attempted a failed coup on his way out the door last time.

fdd.gif

Every time I watch the news, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. 

Interviewee: I don't know if I can support Biden because [insert traditional policy difference]

Interviewer: Yeah, that's understandable.

ME YELLING: The other guy is going to deport you and imprison your family you dumb fuck!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Interviewee: I don't know if I can support Biden because [insert traditional policy difference]

ME YELLING: The other guy is going to deport you and imprison your family you dumb fuck!!!

Yeah but this country needs a disruptor. I'm tired of the status quo. What's that? My family is fucked and I'm the one the target is being placed on and not the other guy? Well, why didn't anyone tell me this was going to happen? Thanks a lot, Joe Biden!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

"Well Biden hasn't produced peace in the middle east yet, so I'm voting for the other guy."

"Perfectly understandable. This voter has been given no choice but to vote for Trump. Back to you Bob."

• Rage+1 1

I was on a different forum where a guy was trying to argue that some on the left aren't going to vote for Biden because they blame him for Roe v Wade going away. Yes, it's his fault Trump appointed justices voted to repeal Roe. I decided it was time to not engage with that forum any longer. 

I feel like WFH and general living in a bubble has started to drastically affect people. 

I was just walking through the airport looking around. Everyone is glued to their phone, no one has any idea what the fuck is going on around them and I bet if someone asked the majority of folks their opinion on something that wasn’t impacting their immediate future or plans they would have no opinion or a very unformed one. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I was on a different forum where a guy was trying to argue that some on the left aren't going to vote for Biden because they blame him for Roe v Wade going away. Yes, it's his fault Trump appointed justices voted to repeal Roe. I decided it was time to not engage with that forum any longer. 

These are trolls being used to push misinformation 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I honestly can’t think of much that is different from 2020 except for the emigration from California (largely red voters) to other already red states. 

Abortion abortion abortion. This is a big reason why Arizona is going to stay blue, and is one of the two big question marks for the presidential.

1. The Republican nominee for governor in NC makes Roger Taney look like an abolitionist. If the Democrat wins governor by daylight, does he drag Biden across the wire there? 

2. Abortion on the ballot in Florida is unlikely to get the 60% needed for passage. However, does this ballot measure crank up blue turnout enough to spoil the party for Rick Scott and/or Trump? Florida is also the only spot on the board for the blue team to try playing offense in the Senate (sorry Texas, but if Beto couldn't get rid of Cruz in 2018, it's not happening now), so resources will not be a problem.

My pick: same as 2020 except Biden wins North Carolina.

5 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Abortion abortion abortion. This is a big reason why Arizona is going to stay blue, and is one of the two big question marks for the presidential.

1. The Republican nominee for governor in NC makes Roger Taney look like an abolitionist. If the Democrat wins governor by daylight, does he drag Biden across the wire there? 

2. Abortion on the ballot in Florida is unlikely to get the 60% needed for passage. However, does this ballot measure crank up blue turnout enough to spoil the party for Rick Scott and/or Trump? Florida is also the only spot on the board for the blue team to try playing offense in the Senate (sorry Texas, but if Beto couldn't get rid of Cruz in 2018, it's not happening now), so resources will not be a problem.

My pick: same as 2020 except Biden wins North Carolina.

This is my gut as well, chalk save North Carolina being in play and I think a Democratic upset.  

Biden 319

Trump 219

Dems very narrowly retain the Senate, take back the house.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BamaATL said:

This is my gut as well, chalk save North Carolina being in play and I think a Democratic upset.  

Biden 319

Trump 219

Dems very narrowly retain the Senate, take back the house.  

Pretty much my thoughts. 

Biden adds to 2020 win total

51D-49R senate

Blue wave in House

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We've also never had a back-to-back rematch before.  Unprecedented shit fo sho.

That is not true

Jefferson-Adams 1796 and 1800 (Adams wins round 1, Jefferson wins round 2)
Quincy Adams-Jackson 1824 and 1828 (with some others) (JAQ wins round 1, Jackson wins round 2)
Van Buren-Harrison 1836 and 1840 (Van Buren wins round 1, Harrison wins round 2)
Cleveland-Harrison 1888 and 1892 (Harrison wins round 1, Cleveland wins round 2) 
McKinley-Bryan 1896 and 1900 (McKinley won both)
Eisenhower-Stevenson 1952 and 1956 (Ike won both)

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Pescado_Rojo said:

51D-49R senate

To get 51, Dems have to win TX or FL.  Or have Murkowski flip to indy and caucus with the Dems.

I still have it 50/50

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

That is not true

Quincy Adams-Jackson 1824 and 1828 (with some others) (JAQ wins round 1, Jackson wins round 2)
Van Buren-Harrison 1836 and 1840 (Van Buren wins round 1, Harrison wins round 2)
Cleveland-Harrison 1888 and 1892 (Harrison wins round 1, Cleveland wins round 2) 

Interesting thought, do historians typically consider post WW2 to be modern times or is it sliding further towards us now?  

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That is not true

Good catch. I was thinking with the "in modern times" modifier, but I still didn't recall Ike and Stevenson.

Just now, Pescado_Rojo said:

I know WV is an R pickup, but what's the other? 

Dems currently have a 51-49 majority (48 D, 3 independents)

WV flips automatically.  50/50

Dems would need to win Arizona, Ohio, Montana to keep it 50/50.  Would have to flip TX/FL to get to 51. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yes.  Three things on this:

1.  They are moving to states already solid/lean right.  Their migration isn't changing anything in their current numbers unless for some reason some Orange County or Sand Hill road companies suddenly decide Kenosha, WI is the place to be with its great weather and foodie scene.  

2.  The Demography shifts in many lean right southern states with lots of suburbs move off-set those out-of-state red voters moving in.  Not this cycle, but by 2032 for sure.  

3.  I don't know why "we have the receipts" crowd against folks like Abbott and Patrick haven't come forward with social media blazes/memes/etc.  For 8 years, neither of those guys---whether in small groups, campaign stumps, or online couldn't shut the fuck up about all these coastal liberals moving to Texas and trying to shift it blue.  Then one day, it just magically pivoted on a dime and became "These fellow conservatives are fleeing oppressive liberal regimes in New York, Illinois, and California to come to Texas to live freely and prosper!"  Well which one is it, Governor?  Either you can vote with your feet, or you can't.  

52 minutes ago, immamac said:

Dobbs decision.

The suburban females are still pissed about it.  Any conservative/GOP spin doctor who tries to tell you "it doesn't matter in 2024" is lying to you 

32 minutes ago, mdmost said:

And he hasn't delivered student debt forgiveness to all, I think that drove a large number of young voters (I have a few in my family). Sure he as tried to piecmeal it but that hasn't been what he promised. 
I've heard there is weakening support in minorities (gender and race); again the young voters on campus seem to be the backbone of the Palestinian support which is a strike against.

The shift doesn't have to be that great, if MI/Penn/GA - that flips 50 electoral college votes, and that would take less than a million voters to not show up. I am truly afraid of that type of outcome.

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Dems currently have a 51-49 majority (48 D, 3 independents)

WV flips automatically.  50/50

Dems would need to win Arizona, Ohio, Montana to keep it 50/50.  Would have to flip TX/FL to get to 51. 

Just to be clear I think Dem's get the Senate race in Florida over Scott, which is the biggest surprise of the night.  

13 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

And he hasn't delivered student debt forgiveness to all, I think that drove a large number of young voters (I have a few in my family). Sure he as tried to piecmeal it but that hasn't been what he promised. 
I've heard there is weakening support in minorities (gender and race); again the young voters on campus seem to be the backbone of the Palestinian support which is a strike against.

The shift doesn't have to be that great, if MI/Penn/GA - that flips 50 electoral college votes, and that would take less than a million voters to not show up. I am truly afraid of that type of outcome.

Those Palestinian supporters are really going to have something to protest once Trump doesn't even give a shit about giving aid to Gaza. Well, I guess until their families get deported when the Muslim ban returns and the deportations Trump has telegraphed start happening. 

Just now, mdmost said:

Those Palestinian supporters are really going to have something to protest once Trump doesn't even give a shit about giving aid to Gaza. Well, I guess until their families get deported when the Muslim ban returns and the deportations Trump has telegraphed start happening. 

You mean when Gaza gets glassed into oblivion by Bibi and Trump would say "that's fine." 

• Hook 'Em 1