2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

That number doesn't include the nearly 1500 kids at their freshman campus.
Football teams don't cut people, but I could not imagine trying to make a baseball, basketball, softball, tennis, volleyball, etc. team at a school like that. Leaves out a ton of kids who want to participate in extracurriculars. And even looking at it from a cynical "well only the best of the best deserve to play" perspective, Allen is only really dominant in football. They have a one recent basketball state title I think but they never do much of anything in other sports. So you're denying a shit-ton of kids the chance to play while also not dominating sports like you should be at that enrollment. It's all-around dumb. 

Literally 5 miles down the road is the Frisco ISD that caps enrollment at 5A for this reason.

Parents have a pretty broad spectrum of choices nearby.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

5100 students at a HS. So unfair for dozens of kids that could be playing.

As posted above, that doesn't account for the 1500 freshman.

It also doesn't account for the people in the Lovejoy ISD, who were once a part of Allen ISD.  Essentially Lovejoy is made up of the "country club" folks from Allen, who got tired of how their tax dollars were being spent, so they broke off and founded their own ISD.  

8 hours ago, futureman said:

he’s not crying because they lost, he’s crying because he’ll never play another snap of football with his high school teammates.  

you probably experienced something similar when field hockey season ended your senior year. 

Truth.. EXACTLY right.

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Football teams don't cut people, but I could not imagine trying to make a baseball, basketball, softball, tennis, volleyball, etc. team at a school like that. Leaves out a ton of kids who want to participate in extracurriculars. And even looking at it from a cynical "well only the best of the best deserve to play" perspective, Allen is only really dominant in football. They have a one recent basketball state title I think but they never do much of anything in other sports. So you're denying a shit-ton of kids the chance to play while also not dominating sports like you should be at that enrollment. It's all-around dumb. 

Plano East has nearly as many students as Allen, yet they're never really good at anything.  

Plano West is even worse -- 5700 students, and they've won one game in three years.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:29 PM, Helobious said:

Yes it does. The number turned into UIL includes all students associated with that high school. If it didn't there would be another North Shore in 5A somewhere. 

55 minutes ago, Air_Matt said:

Yes it does. The number turned into UIL includes all students associated with that high school. If it didn't there would be another North Shore in 5A somewhere. 

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/School_List_Rank_2018-20.pdf

Allen’s 2018 official UIL enrollment was over 6600 students. Welcome to Wrongsville, population: you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Allen’s 2018 official UIL enrollment was over 6600 students. Welcome to Wrongsville, population: you. 

You're right. 

But apparently i'm twice as dumb. I assumed we were talking about North Shore, they have a freshman campus as well. 

• Like 2

Shot and killed by his uncle during an argument. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.com/amp/police-marshall-hs-football-player-fatally-shot-by-uncle/4877358/

Fort Bend Marshall senior defensive back Drew Conley, 17, was reportedly shot and killed in a domestic dispute on Monday.

According to ABC13 in Houston, Conley was involved in an argument with his uncle.

The argument allegedly started on the phone and continued when Conley arrived at the house. The uncle and Conley then continued to argue when the defensive back was shot in the leg.

The uncle claims he shot Conley in self defense.

Conley was taken to the hospital by his girlfriend where he died of his injury.

On 12/10/2018 at 11:43 AM, Beau Vine said:

Plano West is even worse -- 5700 students, and they've won one game in three years.

Because Plano West has Scott Smith as their HC. Mother fucker doesn't know how to build depth or rotate players on certain situations. My brother had that experience with him back in 2008-2010. He plays favorites and it's like if you don't kiss his ass you won't see any playing time. 

21 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Because Plano West has Scott Smith as their HC. Mother fucker doesn't know how to build depth or rotate players on certain situations. My brother had that experience with him back in 2008-2010. He plays favorites and it's like if you don't kiss his ass you won't see any playing time. 

Smith is out at plano west

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

The 9th grade campus enrollment IS included in enrollment numbers for athletic classification in Texas.  Otherwise, there'd be all kinds of ( even more) shenanigans. 

From AISD website:

Lowery Freshman Center

Allen High School

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

uncle-rico-napoleon-dynamite-1520148888.

8 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

What happened in 1987, other than you entering 8th grade.

And Hair bands.

I was in attendance when they stole the title from Stratford with a bullshit pass interference call late.

Girls Girls Girls was 87, as was Once Bitten Twice Shy.

So was Appetite but that doesn't really count as HAIR now does it.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 11:43 AM, Beau Vine said:

Plano East has nearly as many students as Allen, yet they're never really good at anything.  

the problem with all of the Plano schools is AD Gerald Brence. he just hires old school Plano guys. football has changed. if you aren't bringing in guys that understand football in 2018 you aren't winning. can't wait until he is gone.

• Like 1

Looks like there are two Scott Smiths?

One coached at Plano West for the last 4 years after being at Lake Highlands for several years before that. He went high school in Plano years ago.

smith-scott.jpg

The other one coached at Duncanville, Permian, HP and Rockwall and most recently has been coaching at Houston Baptist.  He went to high school at HP years ago.

This the one who is now at the private school in Frisco.

1522792184-NS_14ROCKWALLfootball6.jpg?q=

Not sure which one is the MF'r that wanted Longboard's brother to kiss his ass but was denied the pleasure.

23 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Tiger moms and Dots(not feathers) are all about the highly rated Plano,Coppell, and Frisco ISDs (no racist). Sports are dumb.

This thread made me curious so I looked it up. Plano East is about 29% white nowadays, 28% Asian and 27% Hispanic. Never ever would have guessed it was that diverse, thought it was mostly lily-white suburban kids with heroin. 

20 hours ago, Helobious said:

This thread made me curious so I looked it up. Plano East is about 29% white nowadays, 28% Asian and 27% Hispanic. Never ever would have guessed it was that diverse, thought it was mostly lily-white suburban kids with heroin. 

That breakdown sounds about right, east Plano is kinda garland-ish in some parts

On 12/9/2018 at 9:43 PM, Wild Bill said:

Cuero

6-0 Silsbee early in the 2nd (missed pat).  Silsbee is running the ball well and has dominated possession.  Their first drive ended on a Whittington pick deep in Cuero territory.  Cuero went 3 and out on their only drive.

In general, I'd never have region 4 as a big favorite over region 3.

Catching up, Mart broke a halftime tie and just slaughtered Fall City in the 2nd half last night.  They'll get Gruver, who upset Albany, for state in 2AD2.

La Vega destroyed Decatur this afternoon to make state again.  They're something like 56-2 over the last 4 years.  They'll get Liberty Hill-Carthage (LH leads 14-12 in 2nd).