CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

Actually it was 5, I went back and counted just to prove you wrong. If you count all posts, it was still less that 10. Context matters.

Calling someone else an insufferable asshole while insisting upon yourself to the point of turning a thread into a dumpster fire is quite the Internet forum maneuver. 

52 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Banner flying over campus today: "Read the Room- Fire Chip Kelly" (in response to AD Jarmond commenting after the UCLA win over SC about keeping him)

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/story/2023-11-27/ucla-retains-chip-big-ten-500-record

You are experiencing a bad case of Aggy-itis.
Chip’s gone 8-4, 9-4 and 7-5 in the last 3 years, which is like, exactly what you should expect as a UCLA fan? You want to waste money on a bunch of buy outs and fly a banner so you can go find another coach to build you up to an 8 win season?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

You are experiencing a bad case of Aggy-itis.
Chip’s gone 8-4, 9-4 and 7-5 in the last 3 years, which is like, exactly what you should expect as a UCLA fan? You want to waste money on a bunch of buy outs and fly a banner so you can go find another coach to build you up to an 8 win season?

We've had the 2 easiest schedules in UCLA history the last 2 seasons.  The entire program is trending down.  Our recruiting class is ranked in the 50's with zero 4 or 5 stars.  Chip doesn't recruit for shit.  And he doesn't engage the BMDs at all.  As a result, the NIL collectives are shit.  And 7-5 this year with the schedule we had, with losses to ASU and Cal, is criminal.  So no, not aggy-ing.  The universal feeling among everyone outside of the AD is he needs to go.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

We've had the 2 easiest schedules in UCLA history the last 2 seasons.  The entire program is trending down.  Our recruiting class is ranked in the 50's with zero 4 or 5 stars.  Chip doesn't recruit for shit.  And he doesn't engage the BMDs at all.  As a result, the NIL collectives are shit.  And 7-5 this year with the schedule we had, with losses to ASU and Cal, is criminal.  So no, not aggy-ing.  The universal feeling among everyone outside of the AD is he needs to go.

So spend $10 million or so on buy outs just so you can find another coach that will in all likelihood get you roughly the same results, so that you can do this entire song and dance again in 5 years.  College football at its finest. 

23 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

So spend $10 million or so on buy outs just so you can find another coach that will in all likelihood get you roughly the same results, so that you can do this entire song and dance again in 5 years.  College football at its finest. 

We just want to be like everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ESPN saying it is done. 👀🤔😱🤔🤣🙈

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39000680/bobby-petrino-arkansas-offensive-coordinator

Bobby Petrino has agreed to become the next offensive coordinator at Arkansas, and the two sides are finalizing the deal, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

0%. You were already into it. I tried to help, but you are too obtuse, tedious and insecure to understand any of that. 

This is BS, you tried to call me out because you enjoy being the internet bully and you failed. You played you part, own up to it. IMHO it got off the rails because of your insisting that I insisted on something or another posting and insinuating something I didn't say. Don't make me challenge you to a foot race that I won't show up for.

Edited by Longhornlove

On 11/27/2023 at 6:46 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Surprised PK’s name hasn’t been mentioned for any jobs. 

Never say never but I feel like I remember reading an article back when we first hired him.

Something to the affect of him preferring to stay out of the spotlight and having little interest in HC position?

Things change, but I hope he's paid well enough to not consider leaving.

Same sentiments to most of our coaches.  

8 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Can you comprehend that this was only his second season with Florida, meaning he has exactly one(1) recruiting class he was responsible for.........Those would be true freshmen. Plus, you are twisting what I said into something I didn't say. Anyone can go and see specifically what I said. There is a reason you didn't quote me, not sure what your issue is with me but whatever.

What? Anytime CTJ jumps on someone, you follow? Dig a little deeper next time.

Yikes 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

This is BS, you tried to call me out because you enjoy being the internet bully and you failed. You played you part, own up to it. IMHO it got off the rails because of your insisting that I insisted on something or another posting and insinuating something I didn't say. Don't make me challenge you to a foot race that I won't show up for.

let it go GIF

13 hours ago, nycHorn said:

f7ce691beca41a73eb59914ca0110d8c.jpg

I hope some of you mothafuckkas do get in the muthafukka....

So I can set you muthafukkas on fire.

Sweatergawd, I will break a lot of shit if Bo Davis leaves here again. Give him a got damn Jimbo Fisher contract with no buyout and guarantees that he can hire the next DC, Head Coach, and Athletic Director if the roles should open during his tenure.

Bo Davis is the best DLine coach we've ever had.

I am living this shit with my life right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

LSU is where Bo is from, but if the money is somewhat the same wouldn't the "work for Sark who seems like a pretty good dude vs Brian Kelley who seems like a fucking asshole" potentially be a trump card.  

and if it isn't, how about, "Kelly has no achilles after that random attack by some old dude wearing a Gritty costume..."

I'm accepted by Philly fans, they will protect me.

I’ll probably summon NoName by saying it, but Traylor is the absolute best hire Coug High can make. He’d be their best on the field coach since Pardee, and he’d of course recruit the hell of East Texas. He’s beloved at the THSCA, so you better believe coaches in Greater Houston and San Antonio will send him their best under the radar kids. 

Personally, I think he should wait on piggy. I don’t see anyway Pittman can dig himself out this hole + beat Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ll probably summon NoName by saying it, but Traylor is the absolute best hire Coug High can make. He’d be their best on the field coach since Pardee, and he’d of course recruit the hell of East Texas. He’s beloved at the THSCA, so you better believe coaches in Greater Houston and San Antonio will send him their best under the radar kids. 

Personally, I think he should wait on piggy. I don’t see anyway Pittman can dig himself out this hole + beat Texas. 

Pittman is going to get shit canned week 4 or 5.

Bobby P is going to take the reins. 
He’ll win some games and get hired (re-hired?).

Best for Traylor to cash in now. Build something at UH in a league you can compete and win at now.

He’ll likely be the A&M coach anyway in 3 years when they’re searching for a new coach again.

And that $ is going to be guaranteed!

1 minute ago, Slacks said:

This would be the dumbest UH move ever... dude cant (wont) recruit for shit.

Traylor, a good DC, and some Fertitta NIL money could have Kelvin Sampson level success in the Big12.

I'm not sold on Traylor as a HC but this seems like a reasonable proving ground and Traylor offers a higher ceiling than Kingsbury who has a 6 year track record in the conference with a .352 winning percentage. Its amazing to me that Fritatta can make money in his other ventures. 

• Hook 'Em 1