CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

Boise State is firing Andy Avalos.  I wonder if they end up hiring Harsin again...

The fan base hates Harsin up here and if Avalon’s already lost the locker room, Harsin won’t help that. My guess is that Kellen Moore is first up, but they do need to go back to an offensive minded coach.

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

Urban Meyer to UCLA?

Do they have enough money?

We may next year with our B1G money.  I'd take a flyer on Urb.  But I do want a relentless recruiter, which Chip is not.  Not sure how Urb would do without the draw of OSU.  A younger hire may be what's needed.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think Urb comes back to coaching. The way the “game” is played off the field has passed him by, IMO. NIL, portal, and all that just doesn’t seem to be in his wheelhouse.

If he knows that, but can have the right support in those areas, maybe. But then he has to worry about culture, and he sure lost the jags locker room awful quick.

I think he knows this deep down, and why he went to the jags instead.  Blessing in disguise, perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

The "fire Chip Kelly" train is in full force.  I don't think he survives the season.  And a loss to SC will seal it.

The pandemic really saved his ass imo. He was like 7-17 and I was sure in 2019 that he wouldn't make it through 2020.  But then people had bigger things to worry about.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

We may next year with our B1G money.  I'd take a flyer on Urb.  But I do want a relentless recruiter, which Chip is not.  Not sure how Urb would do without the draw of OSU.  A younger hire may be what's needed.

Better start munching down those mcribs for CUM. 

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

When the Ole Miss RB did the fake dog peeing after a TD, Both ole miss Matt Luke and state coach Moorhead were fired.  2019 I think. 

That was an awesome set of dominos falling for the Starkvegas corch. If dude doesn’t simulate peeing on the goal post, Ole Miss wins and State’s season is done.

Instead, the Bulldogs gain bowl eligibility and during a practice for said bowl game a couple of players get into a fight. The ensuing investigation by the school discovers that the corch has totally lost the locker room so he’s shit canned before the game. 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

NGL, mom would get it before the daughter. 

daughter has better tits / body.

So it really depends on what your game / strategy is?

Function or flash with some patina.

But experience in the mom also an X factor.

So what is it? 

You want a new Subaru Forester or a 1980's Range Rover.

• Hook 'Em 1