2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

with 5 running backs, a potentially serviceable line, an a potentially emerging go-to receiver, there is lots of potential, for buechele to take the job back.

if you don't need to run sam, then save sam for the changeup when needed.

going from sam back to buechele if sam gets hurt is far less preferable to me.

Shane has no chance to start one game this year. You’re wasting time posting this shit. 

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

with 5 running backs, a potentially serviceable line, an a potentially emerging go-to receiver, there is lots of potential, for buechele to take the job back.

if you don't need to run sam, then save sam for the changeup when needed.

going from sam back to buechele if sam gets hurt is far less preferable to me.

If our OL play is as poor as last year, both our QBs will end up looking like the dude at the end of Gallipoli.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Uh, do what? I will take the other side of “he has no chance to start a game this year.” 

Rex Kramer mixes a combination of utter ignorance about the sport of football, condescension without reason, and a total lack of self-awareness. There’s no value in taking anything he posts seriously. I mean, he’s very serious, but he’s also clueless. Not worth the bullet. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Rex Kramer mixes a combination of utter ignorance about the sport of football, condescension without reason, and a total lack of self-awareness. There’s no value in taking anything he posts seriously. I mean, he’s very serious, but he’s also clueless. Not worth the bullet. 

He pulls the same shit on the basketball and baseball boards too. Just beyond obnoxious. Then he pulls that “I’ve forgotten more ball than you’ll ever know”

Edited by Fletch

may have been posted, didn't see it

espn friday

What you need to know: Texas' never-ending quest to find an adequate heir to Colt McCoy continues almost a decade later this season. As a true freshman, Ehlinger showed promise last year, going toe-to-toe with the likes of Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield, who both went top three in the NFL draft. Still, Ehlinger was derailed by catastrophic late-game turnovers that cost Texas games to USC, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. Ehlinger also battled concussions, paving the way for Buechele to start the Texas Bowl. Buechele has the most experience, but given Ehlinger's upside, he enters the preseason with a leg up in the competition.

Projected Week 1 starter: Buechele shouldn't be written off. But at the moment, it would be surprising if Ehlinger didn't start Texas' opener at Maryland. At times last year, Ehlinger had to carry Texas offensively without much help. This year, the Longhorns believe they'll be able to protect Ehlinger better up front, while surrounding him with more firepower at running back and receiver.

The Tua factor: If he loses the competition, Buechele will be ready to go should Ehlinger get injured or struggle. But keep an eye on Texas' two true freshmen, Casey Thompson and Cam Rising. Thompson, the son of former Oklahoma wishbone quarterback Charles Thompson, has tremendous athleticism, while Rising impressed with his arm during spring ball. Should both Ehlinger and Buechele falter, Rising or Thompson could get a shot -- especially with the new redshirt rule -- as Texas will consider everything to solidify its quarterback of the future. -- Trotter

10 hours ago, Marcusharbinger said:

^Yeah I think those helmet pads have solved concussions. 

40 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Some day in the future, they might even be used during games...

Soon to be standard equipment in all

F.C.F.F games.

( full contact flag football)

10 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I think you can pencil in Shane starting a game or three given our penchant for running one play, and one play only Vasili on third short.  

Yeah I meant to say with a healthy Sam. But I’m retarded so I didn’t say that. 

I'm torn a bit on Sam. His biggest problem last year was decision making. Not just making bad throws, but how many times did he have all day to look, then aimlessly scramble to the right and finally chunk it out of bounds when there were receivers available? He wasn't seeing things well imo. You would think that is a deficiency that will improve with reps and experience, but I feel like he should've had a better baseline level as a Freshman. 

11 hours ago, Nope said:

If they wanted to minimize concussions - they'd practice (or play) exclusively in soft helmets.  Force players to utilize proper form when tackling instead of throwing their bodies around.  

*The Joe Rogan Argument against wrapping a boxers hands*

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I'm torn a bit on Sam. His biggest problem last year was decision making. Not just making bad throws, but how many times did he have all day to look, then aimlessly scramble to the right and finally chunk it out of bounds when there were receivers available? He wasn't seeing things well imo. You would think that is a deficiency that will improve with reps and experience, but I feel like he should've had a better baseline level as a Freshman.  

I was waiting for the good part...

13 hours ago, runthebone said:

No one has ever explained to me how Hans was going to earn 20%

Die Hard came out in 1988 when the 10 year treasury was yielding somewhere between 8-9%.  He had half that in the bag without risking principal.  He was probably a little overconfident about earning 20 but 15% was easily doable.

9 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Die Hard came out in 1988 when the 10 year treasury was yielding somewhere between 8-9%.  He had half that in the bag without risking principal.  He was probably a little overconfident about earning 20 but 15% was easily doable.

Too bad all the fruit from your knowledge is being spent on child support.

• Like 5