Satanic Temple Statue at Arkansas State Capitol

Hugo Stiglitz

79995373-9602-47B7-B5D3-C85531C03FB7_zps

LITTLE ROCK (KATV) — Dozens attended a rally held by the Satanic Temple at the Arkansas State Capitol on Thursday.

The rally comes after the Arkansas legislature approved the placement of a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds.

During the Satanic Temple's Rally for the First Amendment, a more than 8-feet-tall Baphomet statue was unveiled.

Following the installation of the Ten Commandments monument, the Satanic Temple filed a lawsuit to have its statue placed on the same grounds in the name of religious pluralism and the First Amendment.

During the 2017 legislative session, the Satanic Temple sent a letter to Arkansas legislators asking for lawmakers to sponsor a bill that would allow a Baphomet statue on Capitol grounds, but not one lawmaker responded.

“The event is intended to be an inclusive gathering where The Satanic Temple will be celebrating pluralism along with Christian and secular speakers. People of many faiths will come together at the Capitol to reject the Arkansas State Legislature's efforts to privilege one religion over others,” explains Lucien Greaves, spokesman and co-founder of the Satanic Temple.

https://katv.com/news/local/hundreds-expected-at-satanic-temple-rally-at-ark-capitol-senator-rapert-responds

God Bless Religious Freedom. 

E3892448-B855-4541-9D08-E16B139F9C80_zps

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

79995373-9602-47B7-B5D3-C85531C03FB7_zps

LITTLE ROCK (KATV) — Dozens attended a rally held by the Satanic Temple at the Arkansas State Capitol on Thursday.

The rally comes after the Arkansas legislature approved the placement of a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds.

During the Satanic Temple's Rally for the First Amendment, a more than 8-feet-tall Baphomet statue was unveiled.

Following the installation of the Ten Commandments monument, the Satanic Temple filed a lawsuit to have its statue placed on the same grounds in the name of religious pluralism and the First Amendment.

During the 2017 legislative session, the Satanic Temple sent a letter to Arkansas legislators asking for lawmakers to sponsor a bill that would allow a Baphomet statue on Capitol grounds, but not one lawmaker responded.

“The event is intended to be an inclusive gathering where The Satanic Temple will be celebrating pluralism along with Christian and secular speakers. People of many faiths will come together at the Capitol to reject the Arkansas State Legislature's efforts to privilege one religion over others,” explains Lucien Greaves, spokesman and co-founder of the Satanic Temple.

https://katv.com/news/local/hundreds-expected-at-satanic-temple-rally-at-ark-capitol-senator-rapert-responds

God Bless Religious Freedom. 

E3892448-B855-4541-9D08-E16B139F9C80_zps

the same types that bitch about infringements on their religious freedom are the same ones that would want to limit these folks from practicing the same.  

19 minutes ago, woohorn said:

"Dozens attended".

How come "the" is not capitalized consistently in The Satanic Temple? Doesn't look like the author even takes this "look-at-me" shit seriously.

If this is “look at me” shit then what exactly is the ten commandment statue at the same location?

• Like 6

If this is “look at me” shit then what exactly is the ten commandment statue at the same location?
Matthew 6:1-34 ESV “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ..."

25 minutes ago, woohorn said:

My original point is that IF you believe these monuments don't belong there, adding another is just trolling.

Just because you legally MAY do something, doesn't mean you should.

The trolling shows exactly why the original monument shouldn’t be there in the first place in an IN YOUR FUCKING FACE kind of way.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

The trolling shows exactly why the original monument shouldn’t be there in the first place.
I don't think so. I don't think the government should endorse religions by allowing monuments on public grounds. Multiple monuments kinda does the opposite.

27 minutes ago, woohorn said:

My original point is that IF you believe these monuments don't belong there, adding another is just trolling.

Just because you legally MAY do something, doesn't mean you should.

You should. Religion has been trolling, and worse, the world for thousands of years. It’s about time someone trolled back.

20 minutes ago, woohorn said:
25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
The trolling shows exactly why the original monument shouldn’t be there in the first place.

I don't think so. I don't think the government should endorse religions by allowing monuments on public grounds. Multiple monuments kinda does the opposite.

I think a ridiculously huge Satanic statue would give other communities pause before they put up their Jesus monuments on public property.

It’s a deterrent.

22 minutes ago, woohorn said:
27 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The idea is to finally get everything gone. And since the politicians won’t get religion out of government then introduce religions they aren’t comfortable with. Force them to face their hypocrisy everyday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Over/under on what time it will be vandalized tonight?

Actually the last time this came up (unless there was one after OKC I'm not aware of), it was the so-called ten commandments on the wrong end of the vandalism.

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

Why can't they like the elephant or the pretty girl with all the arms? Or how about the smiling guy with the big tummy on the counter at the checkout of the Chinese buffet. They look so much nicer.

b/c Satan is fucking awesome, that's why

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

b/c Satan is fucking awesome, that's why

And as you can see he is so good with children.

I liked the idea of it so much that I donated $25 to help pay for the casting, 

Edited by RayDog

2 hours ago, RayDog said:

This is the same statue they tried to install in Oklahoma. Most of the supporters are non-religious.

Okay, that's why I'm confused. I thought this was old news or the second iteration of a statue, but the original story was in OK.

Matthew 6:1-34 ESV “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ..."

Sounds like something a pussy libtard would say.

Christians get Bach and Palestrina, so the music game isn't even close on those two alone.

If they wanted to troll at a higher level, they should have put up a giant golden calf next to the ten commandments.

26 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

The Church of Satan are basically secular humanists who enjoy a good troll. I don't have kids but I'd trust anyone in the church of Satan over an extremely evangelical Christian to babysit my kids and not completely fuck up their heads.

This.  And it would have been much cooler if that was an inflatable statue/bounce house for the kids.  You're goddamn right I'd've put my 2 kids in that thing.  
Lousy troll, they could have done much more with that.

9 hours ago, Grandioso said:

The Church of Satan are basically secular humanists who enjoy a good troll. I don't have kids but I'd trust anyone in the church of Satan over an extremely evangelical Christian to babysit my kids and not completely fuck up their heads.

Your thinking of the Satanic Temple. The Church of Satan is LaVeyan satanism which has some pretty fucked up beliefs.

I'll also point out that Donald Trump is the epitome of LeVayan Satanism. Anyone that is concerned about the satanic statue in Arkansas should take a moment and contemplate that their President is the living embodiment of the tenets of the Church of Satan.

• Like 4

Your thinking of the Satanic Temple. The Church of Satan is LaVeyan satanism which has some pretty fucked up beliefs.
I'll also point out that Donald Trump is the epitome of LeVayan Satanism. Anyone that is concerned about the satanic statue in Arkansas should take a moment and contemplate that their President is the living embodiment of the tenets of the Church of Satan.

Brilliant observation.

Truly, if you created a blind profile of DOTUS, based strictly on his actions, and matched that profile up with a theology, that’s about as close a match as you could get.

Which, of course, makes the irony of him being the evangelicals’ choice that much more pathetic.
  • Like 1

In recent months, Team Jesus eclipsed Joe Pa as the biggest enabler of sex abuse in Pennsylvania history, denied shelter to hurricane victims, supported government-sponsored kidnapping of children, and pledged loyalty to a proudly immoral, pathological liar.  

Can we all finally admit that maybe Satanists are the good guys in this whole Jesus vs. the Devil dispute? 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 3

In recent months, Team Jesus eclipsed Joe Pa as the biggest enabler of sex abuse in Pennsylvania history, denied shelter to hurricane victims, supported government-sponsored kidnapping of children, and pledged loyalty to a proudly immoral, pathological liar.  
Can we all finally admit that maybe Satanists are the good guys in this whole Jesus vs. the Devil dispute? 

Just shared this comment with my wife, a pastor.

She nodded her head and sighed in agreement. And she observed that there are a shitload of people who paint their faces and wear the Jesus jersey, but they sure as shit ain’t on his team.

“Christians” are the worst thing to ever happen to Christians.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just shared this comment with my wife, a pastor.

She nodded her head and sighed in agreement. And she observed that there are a shitload of people who paint their faces and wear the Jesus jersey, but they sure as shit ain’t on his team.

“Christians” are the worst thing to ever happen to Christians.

History always repeats itself...you just need to wait long enough.  If these new age Christians want to see how this goes down they can read a book...not that book, one on the fall of the Romans.