Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Jeff Flake is an absolute disgrace to the Republican Party. After the strength, courage and conviction that Judge Kavanaugh and Sen. Graham showed yesterday and to have this sniveling pussy back down because some unhinged zealot yelled at him in the elevator.  Thankfully, weak ass posers like him are leaving the Republican Party and being replaced with street fighters. Go fuck yourself Flake

There is something seriously wrong with your brain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

McConnell not going to give a fuck if he has the votes wo flake. 

Yep.  Flake had to have gotten one of the ladies to withhold their vote too.  Likely but also just as likely Mitch is going to put it on the floor Monday regardless with Roberts waiting in the ante chamber to swear him in.

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Jeff Flake is an absolute disgrace to the Republican Party. After the strength, courage and conviction that Judge Kavanaugh and Sen. Graham showed yesterday and to have this sniveling pussy back down because some unhinged zealot yelled at him in the elevator.  Thankfully, weak ass posers like him are leaving the Republican Party and being replaced with street fighters. Go fuck yourself Flake

Watching you become an unhinged lunatic is sad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

welcome back

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

the best thing for the country is for Kavanaugh to take the victory that the committee passed him onto a larger vote, and then withdraw his nomination.  Then Trump can nominate someone else, who will easily win 51-49.  everyone can call it a win.

We still all lose but not as bad as before so I’m cracking open a beer.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is incorrect....

Yeah, why would she?

Nelson, McCaskill, Tester and Donnelly are just as vulnerable and voting no.  Some things are way more important than re-election.  Not that a Republican would know what that entails.

Flake didn’t want to lose out on getting invites to give commencement addresses to Harvard and in his selfishness is extending the hell that Judge Kavanaugh and his family have to endure. The Flakes of the world need to get the message: “we don’t want you in our Party any more.” The best thing that Trump ever did was give Republicans the courage to tell the media to fuck off. Johnny Sack is completely correct: this farce has united the Never Trumpers, Ambivalent to Trump and Trumpkin Republicans. Kavanaugh and Graham displayed the conviction, fight and chops that I want members of my Party to take to battle. The Republican base has been energized and inspired. Watch out for the midterms.

• Haha 1

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Flake didn’t want to lose out on getting invites to give commencement addresses to Harvard and in his selfishness is extending the hell that Judge Kavanaugh and his family have to endure. The Flakes of the world need to get the message: “we don’t want you in our Party any more.” The best thing that Trump ever did was give Republicans the courage to tell the media to fuck off. Johnny Sack is completely correct: this farce has united the Never Trumpers, Ambivalent to Trump and Trumpkin Republicans. Kavanaugh and Graham displayed the conviction, fight and chops that I want members of my Party to take to battle. The Republican base has been energized and inspired. Watch out for the midterms.

You're adorable. 

14 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

zangief and q honda

As a conservative, I would say I would not like Brett in the supreme court.

The sexual assault charge, I don't know who is telling the truth, and I don't think anyone may never know, as it was 35 years ago.

My reasoning is on the Devils Triangle and Boof lies.  Also, the not answering of questions on Mark Judges book, and the Stumbling out of the Bus, and putting pieces back together.

It became way too political do to Feinstein.  This should have all been investigated behind closed doors months ago.  It has now hurt lives of many people and divided the country even more.

It's stupid it has come down to this.  The republicans want to get a Judge on the bench, but it shouldn't be Brett.  The democrats want to stall so there is no way there can be a judge voted in during Trumps presidency.

Quite the shit show.

The thing with Ford that gets me is her friend states she doesn't know Brett.  If I was at a function with a few people.  I would remember that person.

My 2 cents.

Just now, BNB said:

It became way too political do to Feinstein.  This should have all been investigated behind closed doors months ago.  It has now hurt lives of many people and divided the country even more.

Do you think the Republican majority of the committee should have been aware and prepared? Say what you want about Ford's accusations, but the yearbook and his history of gambling, hard-drinking, debt, and his rape-y yearbook/past were around beforehand.

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Flakes a no on the floor without an FBI investigation. 

this. Mitch can call the vote, but i am guessing Collins and Murkowski would be a no vote if McConnell brought it to the floor without this one week FBI investigation.

1 minute ago, BNB said:

As a conservative, I would say I would not like Brett in the supreme court.

The sexual assault charge, I don't know who is telling the truth, and I don't think anyone may never know, as it was 35 years ago.

My reasoning is on the Devils Triangle and Boof lies.  Also, the not answering of questions on Mark Judges book, and the Stumbling out of the Bus, and putting pieces back together.

It's stupid it has come down to this.  The republicans want to get a Judge on the bench, but it shouldn't be Brett.  The democrats want to stall so there is no way there can be a judge voted in during Trumps presidency.

Quite the shit show.

The thing with Ford that gets me is her friend states she doesn't know Brett.  If I was at a function with a few people.  I would remember that person.

My 2 cents.

So we may never know what happened because it was 35 years ago, but you would definitely remember every person at any function with 6 people in your life even if it was 35 years ago. That's absurd.

For the record, I oppose Kavanaugh because he's a proven liar and perjured himself. He certainly shouldn't be convicted of sexual assault based on what we know now, but even without that ironclad knowledge he lied under oath to the Senate. Such a person should not be on the Supreme Court.

• Like 1

Just now, retread said:

So voting it out of committee but there's some agreement bw the undecideds to hold off until there's been an fbi investigation?

They got an "assurance" from Mitch who is well known for keeping his promises in exchange for yes votes.....

• Like 1