Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

On 9/13/2018 at 9:21 PM, Chrispy said:

So true, it’s all so pathetically predictable. Also, VMW, I’m not sure if you heard, but Kavanaugh’s high school girlfriend may have been out past curfew. They’re blocking his confirmation yet. 

Bitch, you’re the one who ignored ALL of briskets points on the benefit of the government In daily interactions (like two days ago!!) and you say this bullshit? Hope your conservative wife and daughters  love getting grabbed by the cunt. I volunteer to do it too

• Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Bitch, you’re the one who ignored ALL of briskets points on the benefit of the government In daily interactions (like two days ago!!) and you say this bullshit? Hope your conservative wife and daughters  love getting grabbed by the cunt. I volunteer to do it too

I didn’t ignore them, I’ve just heard all of those talking points before. As for my daughter, she’s still in diapers. It’s possible she’ll be a liberal, I hope not, but it’s possible. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Chrispy said:

I didn’t ignore them, I’ve just heard all of those talking points before. As for my daughter, she’s still in diapers. It’s possible she’ll be a liberal, I hope not, but it’s possible. 

But if you support trump your ok with the cunt grabbing, own it 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

Her story is extremely credible.

Holy smokes it really is:

Ford told the Post she didn’t tell anyone about the incident in detail until 2012 when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes from the time, which the publication reviewed, say that Ford reported being attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society.”

The notes don’t name Kavanaugh, and they say four boys were involved, not two. Ford told the Post this was the therapist’s error — there were four boys at the party, she said, but only two in the room. Notes from another individual therapy session in 2013 show that Ford talked about a “rape attempt” in her teens.

• Like 1

I realize that virtually all of us can look at our past and find one or more instances where if we look at things form the woman's perspectives we were using our strength, body positioning, etc., in ways that could be deemed as forcing or cornering the woman.  But jesus h. christs, hands over her mouth?

That's rotten, I don't care how much you've been drinking, shit.

If they confirm him, it puts the Senate in the bag for Democrats. Every GOP senator that votes for him will have to defend voting for an attempted? rapist. Dems in red states now have cover to vote no. He's no longer a bipartisan nominee. Shifting the balance of the Supreme Court might be worth it but that's the calculation and McConnell knows it. My bet is they let him withdraw and use the Supreme Court to bring home/out the base like they did with Trump. Hope to retain the Senate and get a second shot at it.

Her story is extremely credible.

Sounds rock solid, except for the whole 30 year gap thing...

1) "she does not remember some key details of the incident. She said she believes it occurred in the summer of 1982"

2) Ford told the Post she didn’t tell anyone about the incident in detail until 2012 when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes from the time,

3) ???

4) Profit

Just now, woohorn said:

Sounds rock solid, except for the whole 30 year gap thing...

1) "she does not remember some key details of the incident. She said she believes it occurred in the summer of 1982"

2) Ford told the Post she didn’t tell anyone about the incident in detail until 2012 when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes from the time,

3) ???

4) Profit

That's not unusual in the slightest.   Do you think women report every sexual assault — particularly 30 years ago? 

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Dudes cavalierly making assumptions about how women deal with sexual assaults might be more awesome than dudes arguing about abortion.

Area man defending famous powerful public figure  from credible accusation of sexual assault questions why women don't come forward immediately.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, woohorn said:
15 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:
That's not unusual in the slightest.   Do you think women report every sexual assault — particularly 30 years ago? 

I don't remember how sexual assults were reported 36 years ago.

Then why do you think the 30-year gap renders her account less than rock-solid? 

36 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I realize that virtually all of us can look at our past and find one or more instances where if we look at things form the woman's perspectives we were using our strength, body positioning, etc., in ways that could be deemed as forcing or cornering the woman.

Not really. Maybe you're describing play with someone in a relationship, but I've never done the above. I'm a big guy, so maybe I'm over conscious of even apparent bullying, but I've never pressed a woman. 

1 minute ago, woohorn said:
5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:
Then why do you think the 30-year gap renders her account less than rock-solid? 

"Rock-solid". You convinced me. Thx brah!

I'm not trying to convince you.  I was trying to figure out if you had any substance.  Thanks for answering. 

43 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I realize that virtually all of us can look at our past and find one or more instances where if we look at things form the woman's perspectives we were using our strength, body positioning, etc., in ways that could be deemed as forcing or cornering the woman.  But jesus h. christs, hands over her mouth?

That's rotten, I don't care how much you've been drinking, shit.

Speak for yourself there champ. No is pretty simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

If they confirm him, it puts the Senate in the bag for Democrats. Every GOP senator that votes for him will have to defend voting for an attempted? rapist. Dems in red states now have cover to vote no. He's no longer a bipartisan nominee. Shifting the balance of the Supreme Court might be worth it but that's the calculation and McConnell knows it. My bet is they let him withdraw and use the Supreme Court to bring home/out the base like they did with Trump. Hope to retain the Senate and get a second shot at it.

I wish I could believe this

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Why would this matter? The GOP didnt turn their back on Trump after his sexual assault bragging (though there was some talk of abandoning him in the Woodward book) nor did they turn their back on Roy Moore. People didnt give a shit in 1956 about this so the GOP doesnt care now.

There comes a point when this stuff starts having real political consequences.  People (mostly women) are getting sick of this shit.  Hence the #metoo movement.  

If they force Kavanaugh through now, the GOP will get even more punished in the midterms.  The Senate is actually in play.