Updates on former Longhorn football players

Goo Punch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What’s Leonard Davis up to these days? Drove through Wortham the other day which made me think of him.

Still got a memory from Mardi Gras on 6th where tits were being touched (she wanted beads) and his hand was bigger than the chicks entire frontside from her belly to tits.

• Haha 1

Great story about Matt Nader saving a person's life at a Westlake game on Dec 9.   Lengthy,  but a good read.

(excerpts)

'That's exactly what happened to me'

Nader and a few of his buddies left the Westlake-Galena Park North Shore state semifinal game a few minutes early; the outcome had already been determined and they wanted to beat the traffic coming out of the Pfield. Meanwhile, Wolters and Shirley Aldana, his partner for the past 13 years, had the same idea.

But minutes later, Wolters was on the ground as Nader ran to him. Nader ripped off Wolters' shirt and got to work.

"I felt for a wrist pulse and couldn't feel anything. So I felt for a neck pulse and didn't feel anything," Nader said. "He was in labored breath, or agonal respiration, which is a body's last-ditch effort to gasp for air. That's exactly what happened to me" in 2006.

"This guy is not breathing," Nader recalled. "I'm doing chest compressions. I can tell that it's working. I'm doing chest compressions for about 10 minutes. Someone comes over to spell me for a little bit, and then I get back in there and continue to do it."

Nader remembers that two people — he does not know their names — arrived with an AED, but it failed twice. Luckily, the Pflugerville Fire Department arrived at the stadium, and three men — firefighter/paramedic Jared Muncher, firefighter/EMT Nathan Mitchell and supervisor Bobby Ortiz — relieved Nader and continued to work on Wolters.

After what felt like 10 more minutes, Nader heard Muncher's emphatic words: "We've got a pulse! We've got a pulse!"

Nader said he hopes Wolters' story will inspire more people to learn CPR because one never knows when such an emergency will happen. Most people freeze. He calls that the "bystander effect."

Nader, 34, is best remembered as the Westlake player whose heart stopped during a 2006 football game at hot and humid Tigerland Stadium in College Station. He was lucky that night. Some Westlake parents, including his own, happened to be doctors and rushed to the field during the game against A&M Consolidated. They performed CPR on the field to help him start breathing again, and Paul Tucker — a cardiologist and the father of current Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker, who was Nader's teammate — used an automated external defibrillator, or AED, to shock Nader's heart back into rhythm.

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2023/12/23/westlake-matt-nader-heart-saved-man-life-aed-defibrillator-cpr-football-playoff-game-hero/71920866007/

• Hook 'Em 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 6:27 PM, Brothahorn said:

I have no idea who Kevin Vaccaro is. But I would fight Tyreek for his sister.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C05KYqPOuKh/

https://www.instagram.com/keeta_vaccaro/

I'll never understand why any female would date an abuser like Tyreek. She's clearly self confident, driven, and stupidly attractive. :::Sigh:::

That's a discussion for another thread and your question on Kevin has been answered.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

The only guy in our Business Law for non-Business Majors study group who didn’t write a brief for a case and then make copies for everyone else in the group!

(But we kind of let it slide. And I got an A in the class, so not too upset. 😎

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2024 at 7:37 AM, BurntEyes said:

I'll never understand why any female would date an abuser like Tyreek. She's clearly self confident, driven, and stupidly attractive. :::Sigh:::

That's a discussion for another thread and your question on Kevin has been answered.

Just like there are a certain number of assholes, there are a certain number of women who think they can tame those assholes.  It's a competition of sorts between women, I am convinced.

On 1/10/2023 at 5:14 PM, Jkwellborn said:

Not gonna lie, I got some chill bumps watching that. He was such a fucking bad ass mother fucker.

Dude was such a clutch motherfucker, it'll be a long time before we see another like him. He was built different. Ant Hill may turn out great, but DJ was already great even as a frosh. 

On 2/10/2024 at 9:24 AM, Mittens said:

Maybe I missed it, but who is this Texas team other are referencing?

Often Jeffcoat saved his best for the playoffs: in 12 games, including four Grey Cups, he got to quarterbacks 12 more times – a higher rate, even, than his more decorated Texas teammate.