Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Just now, RayDog said:

I am talking about Texas based on polling. That includes his positions on guns.

Beto would be an early 2000s Republican in NYC that could win. He would be primaried as an NYC Dem now. Its actually crazy how Trumpism has even affected the Northeast breed of Republican.  The infection spread rapidly and completely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RayDog said:

He is in the center.

If he comes out and says, “I’m for background checks on guns, and that’s where it stops.”  Instead of, “that’s a start, and let’s see where we go from there”.. yeah fuck off with that shit.

He’d win TX with that.

Or more centered on immigration. There’s a whole mess of people in this state between the “let them all in” or “shoot on site” extreme sides.  Some of us want to have a plan before it gets too far fucked to either side.   

Same with the energy.  That seemed genuine...  Just about went off on rainbow power before he remembered he was speaking at a forum in the epicenter of the O&G world  

Personally, I’d like to be able to vote for someone with his LGBT views, but not at the expense at what affects me on a daily basis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2018 at 10:35 PM, Celery Man said:

Plus Ted Cruz lobbied for TARP.

The Cruz campaign and "conservative" trolls really want to turn Beto's billionaire father in law (big real estate business in El Paso) into a thing but are having a hard time making it connect.

Not me. I just think his policies and his politics suck shit. As shitty as Cruz is, he will still beat Beto. Which goes to show how shitty Beto is.

Can't wait to read all the fanboys whining. Maybe they should pick better candidates with better policies. Nah, they will just blame it on the voters, as usual.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, I think we’ve learned our lesson from 2016.

However, the parallels between Cruz and Hillary are kinda striking.

An unlikable candidate that’s all but certain to win versus a challenger running an unorthodox campaign with an insane amount of energy. 

I think Beto is going to win but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it. 

One week from right now you’ll either be reaching for the single malt or Drano.  

33 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I wish Beto fell in line further to the center, or that his partisan peers did. His enthusiasm and passion, if legitimate, is what this country needs.  But, we are a nation divided. 

His peers are liars and slime.  As much as I hope and know Beto is toast at least he has been honest.  

3 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

I see a million Ted Cruz TV ads for every handful of Beto ads. Irritating and not in line with the fundraising numbers. I guess they’re just spending their money completely differently. Hope not works for Beto. 

Some of those ads are put out by Cruz proxies and not the campaign itself.

Beto beats Cruz head-to-head in raising money, but he isn't competing with just the Cruz campaign. He's competing against the Cruz campaign, the Republican Senatorial Committee, the RNC, and too many PACs and other proxies to name. The Cruz campaign money plus indirect investment from these orgs likely dwarfs Beto's $38 million.

At some point, the TV ad market reaches saturation, with so many campaigns and proxies buying what limited air time exists. I have no idea how that works.

I honestly don't know who will win, but I know it's a weird fucking year.

I know several Republicans who are voting for Beto because they hate Cruz (including some older female relatives who felt Cruz didn't stand up to Trump for Heidi, etc.)..  I know a handful of Republicans in Fort Bend County who are voting against Abbott because of some pardon he signed that pissed off a lot of people.   I think we will see more than a few Republican women who vote for Beto for quite a few reasons (treatment by Trump, looks/charisma, Kavanaugh, etc.) and I'd be willing to bet that they are not openly identifying or answering honestly with any pollsters.

I've seen Cruz running a lot of ads, and every one of them feels like he's trying to get his base out by scaring them - it's clear that he's not converting anybody to his side.  It's the opposite with Beto - his ads feel like he's looking at bringing in fresh voters.

Cruz doesn't have Trump and Hillary at the top of the ticket, and the fact that he kissed the ring and convinced Trump, Trump Jr, Sean Hannity, Cornyn, etc. to campaign for him tells me he does not have a 5-10% lead - those people would not come to Texas and campaign for him out of the kindness of their heart.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NameWithHeld said:

Are you saying he didn’t try to run away from the scene of the accident and wasn’t stopped by someone there. 

Do you have any evidence that this happened other than an unsubstantiated report from an unidentified witness that no one can track down?  Weren't y'all recently outraged about BK being accused without sufficient evidence?

• Like 4

Do you have any evidence that this happened other than an unsubstantiated report from an unidentified witness that no one can track down?  Weren't y'all recently outraged about BK being accused without sufficient evidence?

I was waiting for that comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

Some of those ads are put out by Cruz proxies and not the campaign itself.

Beto beats Cruz head-to-head in raising money, but he isn't competing with just the Cruz campaign. He's competing against the Cruz campaign, the Republican Senatorial Committee, the RNC, and too many PACs and other proxies to name. The Cruz campaign money plus indirect investment from these orgs likely dwarfs Beto's $38 million.

At some point, the TV ad market reaches saturation, with so many campaigns and proxies buying what limited air time exists. I have no idea how that works.

A major legacy of a Beto loss is still a Dem takeover of the House.  Cruz and the gop pacs should have spent $10,000 to get Ted re-elected.  Instead he had to find major donors to pony up tens of millions.   Beto also had to find the money but he had a million people donate $50 or so.   No major Dem group paid a dime into Betos campaign.   

Not to mention that Cruz will be the reason of culberson or sessions loss. and Dems in Texas are more energized than in 30 years.

Even if he wins, Cruzs legacy will be a failure in the big picture.  The gop picked a loser and I don’t understand why they didn’t kick Cruz to the curb this year,  Dan Patrick would be winning by 5 more points against Beto.  And no one likes him either. 

A bad gop candidate wouldn’t even have a warranted a thread.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Had this happen to a friend in Tarrytown.   Broad daylight, and clearly an adult (who did steal the sign).  They went ahead and just bought another sign, but they have some video and haven’t decided what they are going to do.  

If i had to guess, the people stealing the signs in broad daylight aren't doing it because they think it’ll help Cruz, they are doing it because a family member or friend is openly supporting Beto, or they think Cruznis losing, and it enraged them enough to do something this childish and stupid.   And obviously easily triggered snowflakes.  

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Adults throwing political temper tantrums are sad. Hopefully these individuals are identified and shamed.  Is there a civil penalty for violating someone’s 1st amendment rights?  I think placing a political sign on your property is free speech. 

Seems to be a lot of fat middle-aged white ladies doing that shit.   The same type you see getting all racist and crazy on you-tube videos.

On another note, I found it extremely interesting that while listening to local KLBJ this morning, the syncophants seemed to be tempering expectations, talking about how polling can be wrong because they use land lines that don't capture young voters and so they may not be accurate.