Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Listen, I’m trying to keep up with politics, Harry Styles, the Alabama/LSU game, and Meghan and Harry’s royal tour - IT’S A LOT!

The Cosmo mag link from a few weeks makes all the more sense now!

First of all, leave bama chick alone!

Second, while Texas is still a Republican state, trump wasn’t all that popular in Texas relatively speaking when he was a candidate and is probably less popular now. After all he is a damn yankee New Yorker. Git a rope! 

Third, it is common knowledge and known that nobody likes Ted Cruz, that he is probably the zodiac killer with an assassin for a dad, and even trumpkins cant stand the guy because of the convention knifing of trump in the back. 

Long story short beto can win this motherfucker. 

• Like 2

Not sure where to put this, but shit just got real here in Leander. My wife came home from picking up kids and there was a white suburban blocking our driveway and driver looks like he’s taking pics of our yard signs. He rolled down his window and told my wife to fuck off and flipped her off (in front of our kids). I’m wfh and she comes running inside with the kids everyone upset, I run out and dude has driven off.

So I remember my wife telling me that somebody had posted a pic of our Beto yard sign back in July on a FB group called Leander Uncensored. I go find the post and pull up the guys FB page and my wife says it is the same guy that harassed her today. Now I’m contemplating what to do with this info.

On his FB profile he has the below symbol. Googled this and seems to be some group called The Three Percenters.

fadeab5d1be241853116215b8044ed52.jpg

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Not sure where to put this, but shit just got real here in Leander. My wife came home from picking up kids and there was a white suburban blocking our driveway and driver looks like he’s taking pics of our yard signs. He rolled down his window and told my wife to fuck off and flipped her off (in front of our kids). I’m wfh and she comes running inside with the kids everyone upset, I run out and dude has driven off.

So I remember my wife telling me that somebody had posted a pic of our Beto yard sign back in July on a FB group called Leander Uncensored. I go find the post and pull up the guys FB page and my wife says it is the same guy that harassed her today. Now I’m contemplating what to do with this info.

On his FB profile he has the below symbol. Googled this and seems to be some group called The Three Percenters.

That's a pseudo-militia group.  There's probably nothing you can do about him taking photos from the street, but if he continues to verbally harass, I think that changes things.

20 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Oh good the sack has weighed in.

So when you say easily, What percentage are you predicting? Because I’m predicting 52-48 one way or the other. 

He's mentioned before that cruz will win by 9-10 points. 

Same militia above doing this too?  

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/10/27/images-bloody-fetus-sent-beto-orourke-supporters-garland-neighborhood

Residents of a north Garland neighborhood say they received black envelopes in the mail last week with a postcard inside bearing the image of a bloody fetus.

The residents have at least one thing in common: They all had yard signs showing support for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke.

"We were horrified and just, like, gut-punched to see that image," said Angela Fuller Heyde, an O'Rourke supporter who has lived in the Spring Park neighborhood for five years.

She received the postcard on Wednesday. It came in a black envelope with a stamp on it, but it wasn't postmarked, she said.

<p><span style="font-size: 1em; background-color: transparent;">Here's a partial image of a postcard delivered to a Garland resident last week. The bottom part of it shows the image of a bloody fetus.</span></p>(<p><span style="font-size: 1em; background-color: transparent;">Nextdoor.com</span><br></p><p></p>)

Here's a partial image of a postcard delivered to a Garland resident last week. The bottom part of it shows the image of a bloody fetus.

(

Nextdoor.com

)

All of the envelopes are addressed to "Beto supporter" and bear each resident's street address. Inside is a postcard that reads, "Beto O'Rourke is not pro-choice, he is PRO-ABORTION! He wants more dead babies. He voted against the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act; He voted against the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act; He voted against a ban on abortion after 20 weeks."

15 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Call the police.  Start a record.

• Like 2

The Three Percenters (also styled 3%ers and III%ers) is an American Militia group whose members pledge protestation and armed resistance against attempts to curtail constitutional rights.[1] The organization's credo cautions against a potentially tyrannical US Federal Government, and has been characterized as being ideologically similar to the Oath Keepers.[2]

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Three Percenters (also styled 3%ers and III%ers) is an American Militia group whose members pledge protestation and armed resistance against attempts to curtail constitutional rights.[1] The organization's credo cautions against a potentially tyrannical US Federal Government, and has been characterized as being ideologically similar to the Oath Keepers.[2]

I'm sure they will all be up in arms with Trump's proposal to revoke portions of the 14th amendment via EO. 

6 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Elguapo's story is exactly why I believe there's a secret vote in the boonies for Beto. If that happened in Leander, imagine showing public support for Beto in small town Texas. 

That's exactly why I have declined the offers of a sticker from the campaign. I'll get one anyhow but I am not putting on the truck. I make trips west of the Brazos and I do not want to come out to a brick through the windshield and all four tires slashed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That's exactly why I have declined the offers of a sticker from the campaign. I'll get one anyhow but I am not putting on the truck. I make trips west of the Brazos and I do not want to come out to a brick through the windshield and all four tires slashed. 

same(ish). I have one, but I have not put it on because I don't want my car vandalized. and I live in Austin. still

6 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Elguapo's story is exactly why I believe there's a secret vote in the boonies for Beto. If that happened in Leander, imagine showing public support for Beto in small town Texas. 

I live in NW Hills (Austin), which tends a little left, with the highest concentration of Jewish families in town, as well as plenty of tech workers and other professionals.  I don't think I've seen 3 Ted Cruz signs in many square miles.  I think the Cruz supporters are just keeping quiet, because there's no way they aren't out there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/10/30/cruz-abbott-pull-ahead-in-latest-poll/

Don’t know whether this pollster has a decent history or not, but I saw it on the Real Clear Politics list of polls.  Has Cruz’s lead up to 10.

I just got an email from the Beto campaign saying they're up by 2 points. I would tend to believe them, but as has been stated, I don't think anyone really knows yet.

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I just got an email from the Beto campaign saying they're up by 2 points. I would tend to believe them, but as has been stated, I don't think anyone really knows yet.

Could both be true.  Beto people want to get to the polls NOW, so he’s banked most of his votes already.  Lead could be fleeting though because as votes roll in Cruz racks them up.  

Looking back at some state wide polling prior to elections last year and you can see how far off the polling has been.

Look at how far off they were in the Virginia governors race last year.

7DDBBEA1-B336-4648-A753-EE945F2BD8A9_zps

Also, the Alabama Senate race:

671D8CA5-1715-45F4-B79B-54ED5D128642_zps

They did okay in 2016 with the Presidential Election in Texas but the polls still overestimated Republican performance 

27EE8372-C436-4D0E-8166-7340A3077B7C_zps

I’m just saying, look out.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz