The movie you just watched

F250

Aquaman on HBO, best thing out of DC since Dark Knight. Still not to that level but the best one since that time. The WW standalone was OK, rest of DC is garbage. As worthless as Aquaman was on the old Super Friends series, good to see the character leveled up from just fish talky dude.

Dumbo (2019).
At this point I'm not really sure how Tim Burton keeps getting directing gigs. He's one-note and it stopped being an interesting note like 15 years ago. 

Yes! There is only one director on planet earth who I actively avoid their movies - Tim Burton. He sucks.

Hobbs and Shaw.  I enjoyed it a ton what what it was. I do find i enjoy these things less the more suspension of disbelief required. This one requires a ton.  I assumed that going in, but still this one pushed the envelope. Still enjoyed it, but it felt a ton like the last pierce brosnan bond where the villain had a diamond encrusted face and there was an invisible car. 

On 8/10/2019 at 12:07 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Rewatched Gentlemen Broncos on Stars streaming. Still a masterpiece. 

broncos gentlemen GIF

broncos gentlemen GIF

Some near perfect acting in this one. 

I love this movie and glad that other people know about it. 

That 2525 song still gets stuck in my head from time to time. 

Went to see 'Apocalypse Now Director's Cut' tonight in IMAX. Wow! One of the best theater experiences I've had.

Have seen this probably 30 something times and it's probably my favorite film of all time.....but seeing it in IMAX was impressive.

Still a little irritated by Coppola's handling of the closing credits but whatever.

By the way, there's showing it one more time on Sunday afternoon in IMAX. Highly recommended you check your local listings.

I’m a sucker for Adam Sandler B-movies he’s releasing on Netflix in droves (I’m the only living person who enjoyed Sandy Wexler and The Week Of; he must have some sort of big contract to churn out 25 movies over 5 years for Netflix).

Anyways I saw The Cobbler and thought it was weird but kinda good. Not what I expected, but it was okay.

• Like 1

Strangers on a Train (1951)

I'll admit it.  After many years of trying to get into Hitchcock, I still can't warm to him.

Didn't really dig this flick either, but at the end, when the final merry go round scene kicked in -- holy shit that was AWESOME.

This cat was the best thing about the whole movie - I was beside myself.

strangers-on-a-train-6.jpg

On 8/16/2019 at 7:28 AM, Rougarou said:

Anyways I saw The Cobbler and thought it was weird but kinda good. Not what I expected, but it was okay.

I enjoyed The Cobbler, but I'm a sucker for time travel, bank heist and character exchange movies.

Watched "First Man" last night.  It's hard to not like a movie about the bravest sonsabitches ever.

Edited by mulletpelini

Warning Sign (1985) - GW Bailey (of Lieutenant Harris in Police Academy fame) works at a bioengineering company in Utah.  Unfortunately for him, the US government is also making a biological weapon that causes anyone who gets infected to turn into a homicidal maniac and things go worse than a night at The Blue Oyster when the bug gets loose.  A thoroughly adequate way to kill 1 hour and 40 minutes on a lazy Sunday afternoon. 

I haven't seen it yet, but go ahead and put Rambo Last Blood review on here for 9/20.  My review is great action flick, do not piss off John Rambo, he had too many lines of dialog this time, but maybe he still killed more people than lines delivered.  Do not kidnap a relative of Rambo's.  It won't win any awards, but was an entertaining and awesome as something in the genre can be.  will report back after I actually see it opening day.  ZFG.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

The General (1926)

Man, this print was beautiful.  The story unfolded slowly, and was not as "gag oriented" as I thought it would be, but I thought it was mesmerizing in a historical way.  Keaton does command the camera.

18558_1.jpg

Those restorations were magnificent. I watched Steamboat Bill, Jr and The Navigator.