The movie you just watched

F250

You'd think that at some point in reading the script you might realize to yourself, "this is a piece of shit"

A few years ago, I was on a flight to DC with an acquaintance - she was a utility GM, and she was heading there with several of her linemen to support them in some national competition. I definitely appreciate linemen, hard work and they can be some tough SOBs....but goddamn that movie looks terrible.

And Kate Bosworth is gorgeous, but needs to eat a sammich.

And finally...a movie about linemen that doesn’t use “Wichita Lineman” in the soundtrack is worthless.
  • Like 1

Star Wars- A New Hope. My wife's first time to see it, at the age of 45.

She is NOT a sci-fi girl at all, but stuck with it.  Hated when Obi-Wan turned off his saber with Vader, and then said Luke and Leia are gonna fall in love...LOLz.

ESB looms, and I did tell her there is a mindblowing twist coming...she has heard me and my boys for years saying, "Luke, I am your father," but she has not connected the dots yet.

it is fun watching them again for somebody else's first time...

On 12/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, RPM said:

The Aeronauts - Available in 4K on Amazon Prime. Good story and great visuals. This movie is out in limited release and it would be awesome on a big screen.

Dang, watched 20 minutes of this and there is just no chemistry of any kind going on between the two main characters.  Will put it aside and come back.

Clouds are indeed nice.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

there is just no chemistry of any kind going on between the two main characters.

They are indeed opposites with their own agenda. That changes. It's a good story, stick with it. The visuals are the main character. The first thunderstorm is just a taste. I kinda have a thing about heights and my heart was thumping more than once. Also, landing is a bitch.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

I just watched Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure for the first time. Since I’m not a 12 year old boy, I’d have to say this is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

Junanji II - if you liked the first one, you’ll probably like this one too.

Jumanji (original Robin Williams version) - didn’t like it as much as the new ones.

Le Trou (1960).

French escape film.  Pretty procedural, but still pretty good.  Made me want to get a care package with smoked meat, goose liver pate, and vanilla rice pudding.  The director, Jacques Becker, a protege of Renoir, died right after making this.

The dude to the right in this poster was actually involved in the break that the flick was based on.

MV5BYzg1ZWQxZDMtYjBhMC00OTNhLWJiNGYtMGFi

Edited by tantric superman

Repeat Performance - Eddie Mueller described this one as "a noir version of It's a Wonderful Life" during the introduction on TCM and that's pretty apt.  Sheila Page murders her husband on New Years Eve and finds herself granted the opportunity to live the entire year over again.  I was entertained.  

4 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Repeat Performance - Eddie Mueller described this one as "a noir version of It's a Wonderful Life" during the introduction on TCM and that's pretty apt.  Sheila Page murders her husband on New Years Eve and finds herself granted the opportunity to live the entire year over again.  I was entertained.  

Joan Leslie and Richard Basehart were great. The husband was borderline unwatchable.

FX's Christmas Carol with Guy Pierce is brilliant. They've taken one of my favorite classic stories and brought it to life in a singularly deft way.

Time  has made given the story too much to jolly caricature and removed the edge that I believe Dickens intended. That's back. The creative team also explores some motivations quite well.

This movie was a great surprise.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:13 PM, Post Oak said:

Aeronauts (Amazon Prime)

About hot air balloon ride to measure weather.

It's ok to good.  My asshole stayed puckered.

Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones.

Jones is really really good. She is a talent.

I'd recommend it but it's not great.

I agree. It is different in a good way. 

Jolene--a movie about a red head that never says no and escalating bad decisions that feel a lot like The Odyssey for an Okie.  Stay for the breasts--her best career decision seemingly involves a pole in Vegas.  After her Mary Tyler Moore moment at the end,  I prefer to believe that the movie continues post credits with her returning to sin city to fulfill her dreams of finding another sugar being for everybody's sake.  Plus I'd wager she can fit a whole apple into her mouth, so add that to the sequel.   

• Like 1