So let's talk about the Baylor game

South Austin

Baylor is a hot mess and mentally fragile. It's a fractured mix of holdovers from the rape who have not bought in and new guys who are for the most part inexperienced and lacking in raw talent. Several skill position players are not without talent but that's not enough to beat even Duke.

Tell me one thing they do well consistently.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How bad is Kansas State? Baylor put up almost 40 and beat them. They are 4-2. They don't seem to be as terrible as previous years but I think we win by 3 scores.

Kansas State might be the second worst team in the conference if they can't even beat Baylor. 

This is the first game in a long time where a team is going to show up afraid to play us at home. 

There is no way this Baylor team is going to carry a modicum of confidence into DKR. They know their shit stinks. 

I think our potential has gone up every week and will continue to do so - we need to show up and play four quarters and I think the game will handle itself. 

50 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How bad is Kansas State? Baylor put up almost 40 and beat them. They are 4-2. They don't seem to be as terrible as previous years but I think we win by 3 scores.

Baylor got the win but they didn't look good doing it. And they won the game on a last second hail Mary FG. The D also gave up nearly 40 to a ball control offense. 3 scores seems very reasonable to me, more if they collapse like I think they will. 

58 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Baylor got the win but they didn't look good doing it. And they won the game on a last second hail Mary FG. The D also gave up nearly 40 to a ball control offense. 3 scores seems very reasonable to me, more if they collapse like I think they will. 

It was a 28 yard FG.  

• Like 1

Not even. Kansas at least got Charlie fired and that team was shit to begin with. 
We were good in 2013 (good enough to compete for the Big 12) and giving up 550 on the ground was the nail in the coffin of... oh fuck we need to clean house don't we.
3 wasted years later and another rebuild year and here we are...

Nope worst was nov 25 1989, we beat ou we beat swine and we lose to fucking pathetic Baylor in Memorial Stadium FIFTY TO FUCKING 7!!

HORRIBLE. I was there.

and then there was the utter bullshit in 1992.

FUCK BAYLOR FUCK THAT SHITASS COCKSUCKER GRANT TEAFF FUCK EM IN THEIR RANCID GOAT ASS.

a3b2c1bf2f3078ae9105fb20b70c337d.jpgdb79613d6dc539205eb008e9eab6b7b2.gif2c5f00d5fa791a08e1d23b2af7da74f4.jpgabf3c0ef479bee1bf86f6675014752bf.gife3711474ad8e8ffd6802a2569985b9e4.gif3eada82d95f58ab2d5040f49317d2a35.gif9d22ae26af624840265ac36058bf108f.jpg47941fa060f4f826c83832535bfdbd1c.jpgb483b78bf4f916ec9ddf21d61a8b70fc.jpg10993ec8931425b011384f4c698b91ed.jpg15c6c4ade79fcc9f27799e03f6b0e7ec.gif82a6dfdf2d7a35a0d90801da1a7a1d12.giffbb33d87a2435b3913072ba72010be01.gif9dc1bd4e8d65ee7d236d58f365b6b7b4.giffc2331439971d8bd6aee877b79c0b64b.gifdde61169efb0ca343a727f76a99a14e2.gif5636dc6c41ca900536416397e179b663.jpg

Never let up.
  • Haha 1

Here's what you need to know about Baylor.  They might cover up groups of men raping virgin white girls in the name of the athletic department, but they'll be goddamn if somebody is gonna buy beer at 11:45a before a noon NFL kickoff on a Sunday in the great State of Texas.  

In the meantime, they kick out of thousands of mediocre graduates with largely worthless degrees that aren't respected outside of a 300-mile radius of their shitheap of a campus in waco.  But yeah, I say stuff like this and people get butthurt because they've been led to believe that all college degrees are equal.  Just like they've been mislead to think that all rape charges are false if the girl drank a beer and the guy was a letterman operating under the "I could get any girl I want" premise.  They are evil sinners, all...

Baylor is less talented than KSU, primarily on the lines.  The Wildcats just got called for 6 penalties and coughed up the ball 3 times against Baylor vs zero and zero against Texas.  Brewer will run around and make a few plays but he'll also get pressured into many mistakes.  My prediction is he'll be sacked 6 times and throw up half a dozen balls ripe to be intercepted.

9 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Baylor is less talented than KSU, primarily on the lines.  The Wildcats just got called for 6 penalties and coughed up the ball 3 times against Baylor vs zero and zero against Texas.  

yeah, K-State should have won that game. I can't believe this is a Snyder team because they beat themselves. 

They had a couple late hit/roughing the passer penalties that extended drives which were awful. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 of their 4 wins are against Abilene Christian, UTSA, and Kansas. Their run defense is atrocious, Texas should run for 250+ and Ingram will have a few explosive plays. They suck up front on both sides of the ball. They will move the ball a little as they have some talent at WR and a pretty good QB in Brewer. Bottom line is if we don’t turn the ball over we will win by 21+. Don’t let them get a lead. Crush them early and impose our will on them and we should finally be able to get some young guys some playing time.

Should incentivize them with more time off during the bye week.  Seek and destroy.  Get up early and rest the injured and let the young guys get some snaps.  Above all, make Baylor pay for being insufferable cunts for the 5 minutes of their football history that they were relevant.  

35 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

3 of their 4 wins are against Abilene Christian, UTSA, and Kansas. Their run defense is atrocious, Texas should run for 250+ and Ingram will have a few explosive plays. They suck up front on both sides of the ball. They will move the ball a little as they have some talent at WR and a pretty good QB in Brewer. Bottom line is if we don’t turn the ball over we will win by 21+. Don’t let them get a lead. Crush them early and impose our will on them and we should finally be able to get some young guys some playing time.

S&P ranks of the teams they have wins against: UTSA (125/130), Kansas (104/130), K-State (97/130) and Abilene Christian who is 2-4 with losses to SFA, Mcneese and Incarnate Word. 

Their wins are against complete shit. 

S&P ranks of the teams they have losses against: Duke (42/130)-Lost by 13 and Duke didn't have their starting QB. OU (6/130)-lost by 30. 

Baylor's record is deceiving and this likely isn't a good team. The Duke game really wasn't that close either. 

Edited by texasstrong12

This is the kind of game that could really define our season. We're battle tested with some tough wins against strong opposition. If we can come back home to a raucous crowd, and show that we're now firing on all cylinders, a brutal ass whipping will send a very fearful message to the rest of the conference. I think Herman knows the psychological importance of this game and has our team nasty this week.

At home against them coming off of a great OU game?? We should be alright. Their trenches aren't that good. Safeties are ok. Their talent is with the QB and WRs but the talent isn't anything we haven't seen yet. A good dose of the ground game would work nicely.

Texas should be able to do pretty much anything it wants offensively and keep Baylor contained defensively.

Being able to push around their weak lines to run the ball and keep sam upright will mean big numbers. Alternatively, being able to consistently get into their backfield and disrupt them before they can get anything going will probably make Omenihu and GJ look unstoppable. Should also make for some easy forced turnovers by the secondary.

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

Here's what you need to know about Baylor.  They might cover up groups of men raping virgin white girls in the name of the athletic department, but they'll be goddamn if somebody is gonna buy beer at 11:45a before a noon NFL kickoff on a Sunday in the great State of Texas.  

In the meantime, they kick out of thousands of mediocre graduates with largely worthless degrees that aren't respected outside of a 300-mile radius of their shitheap of a campus in waco.  But yeah, I say stuff like this and people get butthurt because they've been led to believe that all college degrees are equal.  Just like they've been mislead to think that all rape charges are false if the girl drank a beer and the guy was a letterman operating under the "I could get any girl I want" premise.  They are evil sinners, all...

Virgins ay baylor?  Now that's funny right there.

12 hours ago, BearCon said:

If Baylor wins the turnover battle, I could see them Brett Kavanaugh'ing UT.

Dude.  You won the TO battle against K=State at home and still needed a last second FG to win.  Texas in Austin is a horse of a different color.

Edited by sushihorn

The Baylor game is important.  Our entire season up to this point can go to shit in a hot minute if we don't come prepared to play.  Fortunately, I'm confident that Herman and the players will be ready, and that we will win comfortably to improve to 6-1. 

Football hype across Texas will be at a fever pitch height we have not seen since 2008 during our subsequent bye week.  Our next stop will be Stillwater and, if we win there, Game Day WILL come to Austin as we host undefeated WVU in the most significant game of our season up to that point.

Beat Baylor.

Edited by Xcalibur

I've watched an insane amount of Baylor football. I'm no dummy! /charlesdemar

If you do not pressure Charlie Brewer, he will find an open receiver. That receiver will run for an amazing chunk of yards. He will be fast, athletic, and hard to catch. If you pressure him, the Baylor offense blows up, because they cannot run between the tackles! Nod your head if you remember how that limits an offense. Baylor has a great QB, fast athletic receivers, and dynamic RBs. However, if you keep your defensive pressure aligned no more than 7 yards from the LOS, they're reduced to slinging the ball quickly and hoping for pass interference. Our defensive length, experience, and versatility (even in-play) is designed to cause fits for what Baylor wants to do.

Defensively, they're a hot mess. They have a talented player at just about every position group, but they have no link up play. The DE's can't reliably spill to the LB's who can't agree with the DB's on what the coverage should be. They hope for individual effort, like at DT beating his man for instant pressure. What's more likely is that a supporting player is going to blow his responsibility entirely, leading to an uncontested "length of the field" run. Stopping Collin Johnson or LJH in particular requires coordinated defensive play where defenders bracket and pass off players. While Texas lacks the linear speed to consistently run away from most defenses, it's unlikely Baylor will be able to reliably cover.

In short, Baylor lives off the big play, since they cannot power drive the ball. Their big plays do happen - it's just a matter of limiting the damage and fighting again. When attacking the Baylor defense, don't get frustrated. Take the short runs when they're there and don't take sacks. They will bust coverage more often than they'll individually shine. Protecting the football just goes without saying, since the football is always life and opportunity.

Baylor is not a terrible team, but their strengths play into Texas' strengths. If Texas avoids beating themselves, there's not a lot Baylor can do about it.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

Nope worst was nov 25 1989, we beat ou we beat swine and we lose to fucking pathetic Baylor in Memorial Stadium FIFTY TO FUCKING 7!!

HORRIBLE. I was there.

and then there was the utter bullshit in 1992.

FUCK BAYLOR FUCK THAT SHITASS COCKSUCKER GRANT TEAFF FUCK EM IN THEIR RANCID GOAT ASS.

a3b2c1bf2f3078ae9105fb20b70c337d.jpgdb79613d6dc539205eb008e9eab6b7b2.gif2c5f00d5fa791a08e1d23b2af7da74f4.jpgabf3c0ef479bee1bf86f6675014752bf.gife3711474ad8e8ffd6802a2569985b9e4.gif3eada82d95f58ab2d5040f49317d2a35.gif9d22ae26af624840265ac36058bf108f.jpg47941fa060f4f826c83832535bfdbd1c.jpgb483b78bf4f916ec9ddf21d61a8b70fc.jpg10993ec8931425b011384f4c698b91ed.jpg15c6c4ade79fcc9f27799e03f6b0e7ec.gif82a6dfdf2d7a35a0d90801da1a7a1d12.giffbb33d87a2435b3913072ba72010be01.gif9dc1bd4e8d65ee7d236d58f365b6b7b4.giffc2331439971d8bd6aee877b79c0b64b.gifdde61169efb0ca343a727f76a99a14e2.gif5636dc6c41ca900536416397e179b663.jpg

Never let up.

This is jist fully unhinged. Are you a spambot?

recaptcha_anchor2x.jpg?w=640

What do i want to see this game?  Well how about we learn to play with a lead.  Let's start with that.  Then lets practice dominating a team some more.  How about we do that.  Then lets learn how to not take our foot off the gas.  That would be nice.  Then if we have accomplished all of that how about we finally get some sacks from the DE's and other Def front players who have yet to dominate a game.  Lastly, if and i say if, after we have done that i'd like to see the O pad the stats and also see what back up players will step up and shine out.  That is what i want to see this game.  I don't want to see more Tulsa bullshit.  

• Like 3