Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

1 minute ago, d.plainview872 said:

Any word on Sam?

A way out west there was a fella, fella I want to tell you about, fella by the name of Sam. At least, that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. This Sam, he called himself The Man. Now, The Man, that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then, there was a lot about The Man that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interesting.

They call Austin the weird city. I didn't find it to be that exactly, but I'll allow as there are some nice folks there. Of course, I can't say I've seen London, and I've never been to France, and I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies as the fella says. But I'll tell you what, after seeing Austin and this story I'm about to unfold - well, I guess I seen something every bit as stupefying as you'd see in any a those other places, and in English too, so I can die with a smile on my face without feeling like the good Lord gypped me.

Now this story I'm about to unfold took place back in the late teens - just about the time of our conflict with ISIS and the Aye-rabs. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man - I won't say a hero, because what's a hero? But sometimes there's a man.

And I'm talking about the Man here - sometimes there's a man who, well, he's the man for his time and place, he fits right in there - and that's the Man, in Austin.

And even if he's not a prototypical QB, and the Man was certainly that - quite possibly the non-prototypicalest in major college football, which would place him high in the running for most non-protorypicalest worldwide - but sometimes there's a man. Sometimes there's a man.

Well, I lost my train of thought here. But, aw hell, I done introduced him enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

We'd have another touchdown if they don't blow that backwards pass/fumble dead. 

And Hurd would have been ejected for throwing a punch. 

Yes I agree with those 2. Especially blowing that lateral pass dead right away. You let the play happen and then review if needed. You never blow that dead right away because then you can't review anything after that whistle.

Just now, Drew said:

Lulz. You think we’ll pass Georgia? Man LSU will jump us and Georgia will stay ahead.

Texas might get up to 8th and the SEC SEC SEC will have just extra teams in the top 10

if they get spanked by lsu (20+ pt loss) and we win by 30 that should be enough. but i get it SECSECSEC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

If Shane has inspired any confidence in you should Sam have to miss a couple games, you're the one who's fucking nuts.

So we should throw a kid out there that likely isn’t practicing? If he’s getting any reps he’s running the scout team. Shane isn’t practicing much either and that’s evident. Let’s just get a W with our junior backup QB and see where we are