2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

53 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

He's been over his head for quite awhile.... Ferry's not exactly Red Auerbach but I guess he's probably a little better even with his baggage.  

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

But here's the issue, it's hard to overhaul the organization with an internal choice.  Not impossible, but difficult..... Davis will be gone (probably to a EC team) in the summer and they'll start the long rebuild unless they get the first pick.

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They're annoying...not even "bad guy hateable" just annoying.

They need to hurry up and get old so we can move on from this era of the nba

Yeah I mean I say that as a fan of KD too. They just act like children when things don't go their way.

I never remember him doing that before joining the Warriors.

Edited by Brian Fantana

44 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They're annoying...not even "bad guy hateable" just annoying.

They need to hurry up and get old so we can move on from this era of the nba

This is probably the last year of them being huge favorites.

Also, on the Demps thing.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

10 minutes ago, d2o said:

Hope that all those folks in Demps' ear to not trade AD to the Lakers have his back now that he is unemployed.   I'm sure one of them will hire him.

Why?  It would seem the all the major players wanted to wait until the entire league could get involved.  It would seem Demps' fate was cast in the year preceding Davis' trade demand.  Demps is a below-average GM and has survived under the radar for much of the time.  He probably should feel fortunate to have his job for that long.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Why?  It would seem the all the major players wanted to wait until the entire league could get involved.  It would seem Demps' fate was cast in the year preceding Davis' trade demand.  Demps is a below-average GM and has survived under the radar for much of the time.  He probably should feel fortunate to have his job for that long.

Agree that he was well past his expiration date.    Maybe it was an edict from his org but it sure seemed like that he/they allowed the narrative to fester that GMs/orgs across the league were influencing his actions.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

After watching that video it's amazing how bitch made the Warriors act when they're losing games. KD literally was acting like a middle schooler on the bench.

He's always been a bitch.  And lol at blazers playing no D on Dray

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

What a shocking, completely unexpected development. Said no one.

I am surprised that it's happening now though. I thought that Klutch would continue trying to poison the Boston well all the way into the offseason, in the hopes that the Pelicans panic before Ainge makes his best offer.

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

What a shocking, completely unexpected development. Said no one.

I am surprised that it's happening now though. I thought that Klutch would continue trying to poison the Boston well all the way into the offseason, in the hopes that the Pelicans panic before Ainge makes his best offer.

But Rich Paul and Lebron would never put out misinformation, right?  Never try and overplay their hands?  Never put out in the media obvious narratives thru their almost unlimited media sources, right?  Right???

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

But Rich Paul and Lebron would never put out misinformation, right?  Never try and overplay their hands?  Never put out in the media obvious narratives thru their almost unlimited media sources, right?  Right???

Obviously, Rich Paul isn't operating without his client's support, and he's not tricking AD into doing something that he doesn't want to do. But this whole process has been pretty bogus from the start.

I think the Lakers are (or were) his top choice in no small part because they were one of the only teams who could realistically get him before the deadline, and AD didn't want to spend another year watching the postseason. So he went along with Klutch's misinformation campaign, knowing that his only way out this season was to scare New Orleans away from waiting for a Boston (and others) offer that may never come.

But, once the deadline passed, he doesn't strike me as someone comfortable with keeping up the charade and strong-arming New Orleans for another 4 months. Good on him for putting things in his own words, and not letting others continue to do the dirty, manipulative work for him.

Yesterday was the 25 year anniversary of the Admirals quadruple double. Nobody has had one since. Was anyone here at that game?

I have no affiliation with the spurs at all..but damned if the Admiral just looks like the nicest guy anyone could ever meet. what a certified bad ass.

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM
  • Like 1

re: the scores of people who swear that KD changed when joined the Warriors: yes he did- he changed from being someone who filtered himself in his professional setting to someone who no longer does. it's because of steve kerr, not draymond green. KD is from DC. he is a hooper. he has always talked shit and been emotional on the court. even at Texas he would show his emotion and his passion on the court. i know a ton of guys who played with him up at HT when he was at Texas and he would run his mouth up and down the court all damn day. that's just basketball.

however, when guys become pros they (generally) know/learn/are taught that you have to comport yourself a certain way now that you're a professional who represents an organization and a city, and 95% of them do so.  steve kerr is different. he wants his guys to be themselves 24/7. every single piece of drama that's ever come out of that organization has been because the entire team is unfiltered. it isn't that KD takes after Draymond, it's that Dray is abrasive and aggressive and often childish, and KD is a shit talker with thin skin. there's gonna be drama. KD didn't become a new person when he joined GS, he's just allowed to be himself now, and it turns out that a lot of people don't care for who he is. that's fine. just stop perpetuating this idea that KD became a different person when he changed teams. 

by the way, do you guys think that the 90's Bulls were any different? Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman on one team?! are you kidding me? the stuff that happens in GS is nothing compared to what went on behind closed doors with the Bulls- we just have way more coverage of every single little detail of every team and player's every move now. that's it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yesterday was the 25 year anniversary of the Admirals quadruple double. Nobody has had one since. Was anyone here at that game?

No, but I was at the game when Alvin Robertson did it in 1986. It wasn't that big of a deal at the time and the team imploded almost immediately afterward. I think they lost something like 25 out of the next 30 games. They completely quit on Cotton Fitzsimmons. Pretty sure Alvin was the only guy ever to have steals as the fourth category in a quadruple double. And he was the anti-David Robinson in almost every way possible. Just a bad human being.

27 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

No, but I was at the game when Alvin Robertson did it in 1986. It wasn't that big of a deal at the time and the team imploded almost immediately afterward. I think they lost something like 25 out of the next 30 games. They completely quit on Cotton Fitzsimmons. Pretty sure Alvin was the only guy ever to have steals as the fourth category in a quadruple double. And he was the anti-David Robinson in almost every way possible. Just a bad human being.

AH yes, the guy known amongst my circle of friends as the "Auburn Hills Strangler"

To think they are worth that much money because Kim sucked Ray Js dick on camera. Zero talent between any of them besides the Dad who got OJ off (giggle).

Kylie Jenner and her team has built a $900 million company by the age of 21, indicating a smidgeon of talent. She is the poster child for every millennial’s dreams, having 127,000,000 Instagram followers and getting a $1,000,000 for each sponsored post.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 2/19/2019 at 7:16 PM, TonyTexas said:

Kylie Jenner and her team has built a $900 million company by the age of 21, indicating a smidgeon of talent. She is the poster child for every millennial’s dreams, having 127,000,000 Instagram followers and getting a $1,000,000 for each sponsored post.

No one gives a fuck about the Kardashians or TT for that matter. Exhibit A this thread sucks: y'all post stupid TMZ clickbait bullshit instead of discussing ball.

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

And this post is full of basketball insight?

Dude... what? You posted some horsehit about the Kardashians. I tend to not participate on this thread because the discourse is fucking awful. It would be different if there was actual basketbal insight here but there really isn't.