2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

5 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i think i stumbled into the 52-80 acting a bitch thread.

Put me on ignore if you're so worried about it.

Lillard my 2nd fav player goes nuclear but OKC still completes the sweep.  Westbrook heating up while PG goes cold

The Lakers are such an obviously cancerous organization. All the signs are there. That LeBron went there willingly says a lot.

Lakers fans are so fucking dumb though and no fan base deserves this more. Chanting "we want Kobe" the other night like the stupid fucks they are. I seem to remember Kobe missing the playoffs with the Lakers as well. Except that happened when Kobe was in his prime years. And nobody ever says a damn thing about that. 

Edited by Pam Cummings

13 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Lakers are such an obviously cancerous organization. All the signs are there. That LeBron went there willingly says a lot.

Lakers fans are so fucking dumb though and no fan base deserves this more. Chanting "we want Kobe" the other night like the stupid fucks they are. I seem to remember Kobe missing the playoffs with the Lakers as well. Except that happened when Kobe was in his prime years. And nobody ever says a damn thing about that. 

Lebron doesn't care about basketball anymore, it's all about his brand. It shouldn't be surprising that he went to LA, it just goes to show how bad the Lakers organization is that they allowed themselves to get used like this.

Philly getting bounced in the first round this year.
If they dont have Embiid, sure. If they do, second round is a certainty, but may be their ceiling.

Simmons looked like garbage tonight, its hard to believe they wouldn't trade him for Kawhi before the season started. Good luck trying to teach him how to shoot a jumper from 10+ feet. Nobody on defense is scared of him pulling up, which is like playing 4 on 5 when hes not attacking the rim. Reminds me of how teams used to play off Rondo and use his man as a help defender.

I can’t wait until Lebron passes Kobe on the all time scoring list in a lakers uniform, while playing at the staples center. That’s going to be one of the more interesting moments in NBA history when he gets booed relentlessly by his own fans for passing one of their kings. Especially if the lakers are still a dumpster fire 

• Like 1

Embiid quite possibly back Sunday for a huge game vs. Pacers. The schedules set up so PHI still should get up to the 3 seed and have a winnable first series assuming no further injuries (could really use Boban back too).

But there are definitely non-injury problems. Redick may be toast, and Butler hasn't been scoring either. That exposes Simmons even more, he needs 3-4 quality shooters on the floor with him otherwise you just sit back and don't let him blow by for a dunk.

9 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

If they dont have Embiid, sure. If they do, second round is a certainty, but may be their ceiling.

Simmons looked like garbage tonight, its hard to believe they wouldn't trade him for Kawhi before the season started. Good luck trying to teach him how to shoot a jumper from 10+ feet. Nobody on defense is scared of him pulling up, which is like playing 4 on 5 when hes not attacking the rim. Reminds me of how teams used to play off Rondo and use his man as a help defender.

The pick of Fultz (and the trade to get the pick) completely short-circuited the process.  Simmons has shown no improvement from Year 1 (or is it 2?) to Year 2.  And Embiid's injuries make him completely unreliable - his career is going to mirror Walton or Yao.  And in the final minutes of a close game, their half-court offense still looks like a Chinese fire drill as it's even money whether they'll even get a shot off.

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

Lakers' Ingram out with DVT in his arm. Not my area, but from what I recall, upper extremity DVTs are rare relative to lower extremities. Often associated with cancers or IV drug use. Hope the best for the young guy.

For anyone who doesn't know what he's talking about....

Serious shit.  He should hopefully be able to play again but it's not a certainty.  This is going to seriously hamper his trade value too (No AD).  That may seem impolite, but there's a lot unknown about his situation and if it comes back like Bosh, he may not get cleared to play again.  Terrible news for Ingram, I hope for a speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

will Lebron ever make the playoffs again? Will any big time FA sign with the Lakers now, given that they are a psychological train wreck? 

You get the feeling LeBron wants a 10 year farewell tour.  Where he'll build his business empire but never threaten to win anything meaningful again.  I'll laugh at LA.  Because it's fun to laugh at those fucking douchebags. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

lol, Draymond's trade value is dropping by the day.  Good luck getting that supermax deal donkey breath

His shooting has plummeted while his rebounding and assists have stayed the same. His last 3 seasons from BTA are .308, .301, and .250 after coming off a career high of .388 in 2015-16. Of course, there are lot of players can could average 7 assists per game surrounded by Curry, Thompson, and Durant.

4 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

more lakers fun: 

yet it will be walton who is sacrificed while magic and pelinka keep fucking the dog.

I'm okay with that. They can continue missing out on the post season and I'll continue laughing my ass off at their incompetence.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

His shooting has plummeted while his rebounding and assists have stayed the same. His last 3 seasons from BTA are .308, .301, and .250 after coming off a career high of .388 in 2015-16. Of course, there are lot of players can could average 7 assists per game surrounded by Curry, Thompson, and Durant.

Not that play the 4/5 there aren’t.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Is there a point here?  Cause I'm pretty sure they can find those assists somewhere else. He hasn't been great on defense this year, which was his bread and butter in the past. Dude is a loose cannon and isn't going to be sought after if he is a headcase. But then again, Melo got to try it with OKC and Houston the last 2 years, so I guess you never know. Green needs a real strong lockerroom to be useful, or else he will let his emotions get the best of him and make the environment toxic. 

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Is there a point here?  Cause I'm pretty sure they can find those assists somewhere else. He hasn't been great on defense this year, which was his bread and butter in the past. Dude is a loose cannon and isn't going to be sought after if he is a headcase. But then again, Melo got to try it with OKC and Houston the last 2 years, so I guess you never know. Green needs a real strong lockerroom to be useful, or else he will let his emotions get the best of him and make the environment toxic. 

Yes, I agree with you.