2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

It's probably not a coincidence that this keeps happening to Westbrook, a dude with a short fuse, who seems to take pride in his scowl...

...but I have no sympathy whatsoever for losers who go to sporting events just to unload their shitty, unfulfilling lives onto any celebrity within earshot for whatever perverse pleasure it offers. Call them all out for all I care.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

That statement is more about being gay than anything to do with race. Doesn't make it better but Westbrook has a really short fuse about race if he's making that mistake. "Get on your knees" has never been used to attack someone's race as far as I know. 

D1bw8JnXcAAgaIr.jpg

What about that one?

14 minutes ago, Chad said:

D1bw8JnXcAAgaIr.jpg

What about that one?

He was born in California, so not sure what that means. I'm fine with people telling him to go back to California or Oklahoma though...

Never heard the phrase "Get on your knees" mean anything racial, but it's a good defense for the sake of public opinion.

• Like 1

That one's racist, but Westbrook didn't know he tweeted that. My comment was more about Westbrook being hyper sensitive and easily offended over race. Just like with that announcer for the Thunder that got fired. He said "out of his cotton picking mind", a phrase used without racial malice by pretty much anyone who grew up in the southern US and Westbrook bagged on him. 

Obviously this guy is a piece of shit and made a gay insult to Westbrook but Westbrook is too eager to get offended with regards to race. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, aggie08 said:

It's probably not a coincidence that this keeps happening to Westbrook, a dude with a short fuse, who seems to take pride in his scowl...

...but I have no sympathy whatsoever for losers who go to sporting events just to unload their shitty, unfulfilling lives onto any celebrity within earshot for whatever perverse pleasure it offers. Call them all out for all I care.

one of the all time great bits from bill burr:

6 hours ago, Chad said:

I dislike Russ, but that fan seems like a real fuck head.

D1bw8JnXcAAgaIr.jpgD1bwlnaW0AIWfMo.jpg:large

5 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Not really. He said he was going to "fuck up" a woman. 

Yeah.  Sorry. You tell a black guy to go back where he came from.  Then you’re gonna complain?  If he hits the guys wife come back and talk. 

Also, I know Russ didn’t know that   Just saying this utahdouche gets no sympathy.   And to all the people saying Russ does this all the time?  My ass... Go sit courtside regularly.  A few years ago our buddy had those seats   The bulls suck and I’d never pay for them but I digress.  There was some idiot every single game yelling personal shit at players.  This happens to Russ, what 5/6x a year?  I promise there isn’t a game where he doesn’t catch shit   This isn’t the nfl where you have legit separation from the fans.

Also what kind of cuck pussy wears a Jordan brand pullover as a Jazz fan.  Lol.  Loser.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

4 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

He was born in California, so not sure what that means. I'm fine with people telling him to go back to California or Oklahoma though...

Never heard the phrase "Get on your knees" mean anything racial, but it's a good defense for the sake of public opinion.

LMAO, you think a guy who hashtags #MAGA is referencing CA when he tells a black dude to go back from where he came?

Aint nobody wantin to see this forum go CR so I’ll just leave it at LMAO.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

That statement is more about being gay than anything to do with race. Doesn't make it better but Westbrook has a really short fuse about race if he's making that mistake. "Get on your knees" has never been used to attack someone's race as far as I know. 

So you see there was this thing called “slavery”...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

So you see there was this thing called “slavery”...

Why not both? Perhaps the Utah troglodyte has gay, slaver fantasies and the 3% swill he and his sister wife and were consuming washed away his inhibitions.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Ha, that guy deleted his Twitter, I assume hoping he could do so before people found even worse stuff on it.

When you make me root for Russell Westbrook and anything having to do with Oklahoma without reservation you have to be a real piece of shit.

His daughter also deleted her twitter lulz.

https://twitter.com/skeisel391

7 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Jesus that dude is an unhinged piece of shit. Don't get mad at players for talking shit back when you run your mouth. Dude deserves an ass kicking also

Guys on the court call eachother the n word all the time, but once a fat white guy does it, it's apparently an issue.  He''s a mormon, who are some of the nicest people we know in this world, and Utah has some of the nicest fans in sports. People are just taking this all out of context and making it much worse than it needs to be. He spent $1600 to take his beautiful wife to sit courtside at her first ever NBA game! He should be allowed to say whatever he wants at that price! 

imgur>
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah.  Sorry. You tell a black guy to go back where he came from.  Then you’re gonna complain?  If he hits the guys wife come back and talk. 

Also, I know Russ didn’t know that   Just saying this utahdouche gets no sympathy.   And to all the people saying Russ does this all the time?  My ass... Go sit courtside regularly.  A few years ago our buddy had those seats   The bulls suck and I’d never pay for them but I digress.  There was some idiot every single game yelling personal shit at players.  This happens to Russ, what 5/6x a year?  I promise there isn’t a game where he doesn’t catch shit   This isn’t the nfl where you have legit separation from the fans.

Also what kind of cuck pussy wears a Jordan brand pullover as a Jazz fan.  Lol.  Loser.  

I didn't make any excuse for what the fan might have said. If he said what RW claims he did, then fuck him in the ass with a hot poker

There were enough witnesses present where we will find out what he said once the NBA investigates.  That he had to delete his twitter in an effort to hide offensive comments makes me believe Westbrook is telling the truth.  I hope that douche bag gets his life ruined over this. 

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 3

On 3/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Is he the best player anymore is the question...,

By any objective take, absolutely not. But you will still have people unwilling to accept that he isn't. At the very least, I wouldn't take him over Durant or Giannis right now. Maybe not over Kawhi. I want to see Harden elevate his game in the playoffs a bit before I would be on board with thinking he's better than LeBron. 

(sorry for digging this, had some catching up to do).

looks like the 8 playoff teams in the west are pretty much set and all that's left is seeding.  in terms of entertaining first round matchups, i'd like to see:

golden state - clippers (don't really think it'd be super entertaining but the clippers are gonna make it and at least they play hard)

houston - san antonio (would be a very interesting series to those of us on surly)

denver - portland (can portland erase last season's disappointment, is denver for real)

okc-utah (the cream of the crop in both conferences as far as potential early round playoff matchups go)

46 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Seems like Utah has more issues with their fans going after players than any other fan base.  

Not a big surprise with the history of the Mormon Church and African-Americans. Black people were only granted full membership rights to the church in 1978.

Edited by kevwun