NFL owners concerned about Chargers in LA

clapclapclap

5 minutes ago, Assman said:

Good luck convincing players, coaches, and their families to move to Mexico City.  That will never happen, therefore Mexico City will never have a team.

tenor.gif?itemid=10878845

I think the thought is, you have a SW base like SA or SD and then play a couple of games in Mexico City a year.

Jacksonville was looking at doing something like this with London but recently decided to back off after local pressure persuaded Khan to rethink his plan and his purchase of Wembley Stadium.

Obligatory...

tenor.gif?itemid=5575846

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Why doesn't the league\owners just finance these? If they are such great deals, then it should be no problem for Spanos and the rest to pay the league back.

Also that would eliminate the local politics clown show.

Because they are greedy fucks. But also, the citizens who vote for this are dumb as fuck. The owners always threaten to leave town if they don't vote to get their stadiums funded by public. A lot of these taxpayers get royally fucked by the stadiums. And it seems teams are getting new stadiums at a much faster rate than the past. Because these owners want some new shiny toys. And they always get voted yes, even if there is nothing wrong with their current stadium. Until there is any backlash from the public and they start voting no at a higher rate, this will continue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Because they are greedy fucks. But also, the citizens who vote for this are dumb as fuck. The owners always threaten to leave town if they don't vote to get their stadiums funded by public. A lot of these taxpayers get royally fucked by the stadiums. And it seems teams are getting new stadiums at a much faster rate than the past. Because these owners want some new shiny toys. And they always get voted yes, even if there is nothing wrong with their current stadium. Until there is any backlash from the public and they start voting no at a higher rate, this will continue. 

So much this.  The irony is, the have not owners pressure the have owners to hold out for public ally financed stadiums, which in the long run, aren't necessarily a better deal.  One of the reasons Dan Snyder is so fucking rich now is he owns Fedex out right.  Every dollar that goes into that stadium, goes directly into his pocket. He doesn't have to share with the municipality.  

If the Spanos had an ounce of intelligence, they'd go crawling back to SD, ask for some land at a bargain and some transportation improvements, and privately build a small, intimate facility that focused on a great fan experience.  But the rest of the owners would have a full blown melt down because:

A. Privately financed

B. Small venue would admit the obvious:  TV is killing the game day experience.  Every owner wants  the next Jerry World.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

1993, I was also at that game. I was in high school and my mom and dad took me to make a weekend out of visiting family in the area. Unlike the previous poster, though, I think it's a great place to watch a football game. When I go to a stadium all I care about is sight lines and seeing the action. I don't give a shit about luxury suites and bells and whistles.
In that respect the Alamodome is a better football stadium than Jerryworld.

Damn, I don’t remember that at all. That was my junior year.

5 hours ago, housious said:

San Antonio probably has more cowboy fans per capita than Dallas does.

Technically San Antonio is bigger than Dallas so maybe inverse per capita?

The NFL is going downhill and cities are tired of the constant stadium robbery.    The only thing that will hasten the fall will be the gambling full on gambling that is about to start.  

Edited by midtown

2 hours ago, Assman said:

Good luck convincing players, coaches, and their families to move to Mexico City.  That will never happen, therefore Mexico City will never have a team.

Yet they want to move to shit holes like Detroit, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Miami?

Technically San Antonio is bigger than Dallas so maybe inverse per capita?

The NFL is going downhill and cities are tired of the constant stadium robbery.    The only thing that will hasten the fall will be the gambling full on gambling that is about to start.  

San Antonio proper is more populous than Dallas proper (900k or so) but when you add in all the surrounding areas — and FW — the Pop is 6M+. SA metro area is 2.5M or so. (But they’re all Cowboys fans. And they all drink Miller Lite.)

Yet they want to move to shit holes like Detroit, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Miami?

Mexico City is infinitely more dangerous than any of those cities. These players — and their families — would be prime kidnap targets, not to mention the drug wars and horrible pollution. (Oh, yeah, and playing at an altitude 2000 feet higher than Denver.)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

San Antonio proper is more populous than Dallas proper (900k or so) but when you add in all the surrounding areas — and FW — the Pop is 6M+. SA metro area is 2.5M or so. (But they’re all Cowboys fans. And they all drink Miller Lite.)

No shit

The only person willing to move a team to London was Khan who owns the Jags and also owns Fulham Football club.  He was in the process of buying Wembley to presumably try to move them to London but that just fell through. 

Murders per 100,000 Americas
13. St. Louis
21. Baltimore
41. New Orleans
42. Detroit
Mexico City Not in the top 50

Holy shit. I looked it up. Los Cabos has the highest murder rate in the world for cities with more than 300k. More than Caracas, Juarez or Tijuana. Acapulco is #3.

Mexico City is not exactly Man of Fire these days.

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

L.A. should have a team, but to go straight in with two was dumb as fuck, because you're diluting the fanbase you're trying to build.  The Chargers should be in San Diego.  I don't care how it gets done, get the richers to build their own goddamned stadium if the city won't do it, or find a desperate suburb within 50 miles ala Arlington/Santa Clara who will bend over and cup the balls of the rich owners and build it themselves.  Surely somewhere in the corridor between LA and San Diego some pathetic suburb would do it and it would be close enough to call it San Diego. 

There was talk a few years ago about building a stadium in Oceanside.  Basically close enough for San Diego City folks to easily reach, and far enough north to easily draw from OC.

3 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Finding a way to grab JT Daniels in a couple years would prob go a long way toward luring fans.  I still can't believe the Texans didnt take Vince when they had the chance. 

Because Charlie Casserly  was a self serving, dumbass, clueless, yellow teeth, asshole, fuckwad turd?  

35 minutes ago, NWAustinDude said:

I call for contraction. Disband the Chargers and the Bills and incrementally increase the talent level of the other teams.

Every major sport could benefit from contraction but we know the owners and execs will never go for it. It is easy money, especially in the NFL. No sport should ever think about expansion. It is already watered down enough. Especially the NBA.

• Like 1

Murders per 100,000 Americas
13. St. Louis
21. Baltimore
41. New Orleans
42. Detroit
Mexico City Not in the top 50

Mexico City has recorded its most violent first four-month period of any year of the past two decades with 382 intentional homicides between January 1 and the end of April.

The figure is 14% higher than the 335 recorded in the same period last year and 24% higher than the murder rate registered in the first four months of 1998, when there were 309 homicides.

There have not been more than 300 murders in Mexico City in the January-April period of any other year in the past 20.

Based on National Public Security System (SNSP) statistics, the average daily homicide rate in the capital to April 30 was 3.1.

The SNSP data, which compiles statistics provided by the Mexico City Attorney General’s office (PGJ), shows that the number of murders has increased in the first four months of every year since 2015.

Compared to 2014 — when homicides fell to 241 in the first four-month period from 256 the previous year — the crime has increased by 58%.

In the past 20 years, the lowest number of homicides recorded in a first four-month period was in 2006, with 207.

According to Mexico City authorities, most of the murders committed this year were not linked to organized crime and are not indicative of an outbreak of violence on the streets of the capital.

PGJ statistics reveal that eight out of every 10 homicides were the result of personal fights or attacks in revenge, in which alcohol consumption and/or firearms were involved.

However, a report published today in the newspaper Milenio said that homicides have increased since authorities began security operations against criminal organizations dedicated to narcomenudeo, or retail drug dealing.

Milenio cited the Tláhuac Cartel in the southern borough of the same name, Los Rodolfos in Xochimilco and La Unión de Tepito and La Fuerza Anti-Unión in the central borough of Cuauhtémoc among the organizations authorities have targeted.

The marines, backed up by police, carried out an operation in July last year that resulted in the death of the boss of the Tláhuac Cartel, known by the alias “El Ojos.”

Narco-blockades made an unprecedented appearance in Mexico City following the death of the gang leader and seven of his sicarios, or hitmen.

Mexico City Mayor José Ramón Amieva admitted yesterday that criminal gangs with “links all over the country” use locations in the capital to store and sell drugs but rejected any suggestion that drugs are grown or processed the city.

A joint 2017 report by the city’s Public Security Secretariat and the PGJ identified 20,000 places where drugs were being bought and sold at the start of last year.

Another report by the National and Mexico City Citizens’ Observatories published last month showed that retail drug trafficking soared by 113% in the first quarter of 2018.

Source: Milenio (sp)

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/violence-surges-in-mexico-city-worst-in-20-years/
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Mexico City has recorded its most violent first four-month period of any year of the past two decades with 382 intentional homicides between January 1 and the end of April.

The figure is 14% higher than the 335 recorded in the same period last year and 24% higher than the murder rate registered in the first four months of 1998, when there were 309 homicides.

There have not been more than 300 murders in Mexico City in the January-April period of any other year in the past 20.

Based on National Public Security System (SNSP) statistics, the average daily homicide rate in the capital to April 30 was 3.1.

The SNSP data, which compiles statistics provided by the Mexico City Attorney General’s office (PGJ), shows that the number of murders has increased in the first four months of every year since 2015.

Compared to 2014 — when homicides fell to 241 in the first four-month period from 256 the previous year — the crime has increased by 58%.

In the past 20 years, the lowest number of homicides recorded in a first four-month period was in 2006, with 207.

According to Mexico City authorities, most of the murders committed this year were not linked to organized crime and are not indicative of an outbreak of violence on the streets of the capital.

PGJ statistics reveal that eight out of every 10 homicides were the result of personal fights or attacks in revenge, in which alcohol consumption and/or firearms were involved.

However, a report published today in the newspaper Milenio said that homicides have increased since authorities began security operations against criminal organizations dedicated to narcomenudeo, or retail drug dealing.

Milenio cited the Tláhuac Cartel in the southern borough of the same name, Los Rodolfos in Xochimilco and La Unión de Tepito and La Fuerza Anti-Unión in the central borough of Cuauhtémoc among the organizations authorities have targeted.

The marines, backed up by police, carried out an operation in July last year that resulted in the death of the boss of the Tláhuac Cartel, known by the alias “El Ojos.”

Narco-blockades made an unprecedented appearance in Mexico City following the death of the gang leader and seven of his sicarios, or hitmen.

Mexico City Mayor José Ramón Amieva admitted yesterday that criminal gangs with “links all over the country” use locations in the capital to store and sell drugs but rejected any suggestion that drugs are grown or processed the city.

A joint 2017 report by the city’s Public Security Secretariat and the PGJ identified 20,000 places where drugs were being bought and sold at the start of last year.

Another report by the National and Mexico City Citizens’ Observatories published last month showed that retail drug trafficking soared by 113% in the first quarter of 2018.

Source: Milenio (sp)

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/violence-surges-in-mexico-city-worst-in-20-years/

Even after reading this, I'd still rather live there than KC, St Louis, Jacksonville, or Detroit. 

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

1993, I was also at that game. I was in high school and my mom and dad took me to make a weekend out of visiting family in the area. Unlike the previous poster, though, I think it's a great place to watch a football game. When I go to a stadium all I care about is sight lines and seeing the action. I don't give a shit about luxury suites and bells and whistles.

Thanks.

Surprised I forgot that. I would have been a year out of school in fall of 93. 

The murder rate in Mexico City aside, having the chargers play in LA is the dumbest idea in history.

Not only does absolutely nobody in LA give a shit about the chargers, but in fact anyone who even bothers to notice will wonder why are the San Diego Chargers playing some of their games in LA?

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Even after reading this, I'd still rather live there than KC, St Louis, Jacksonville, or Detroit. 

7 hours ago, midtown said:

Jeez, how many more folks need to get whacked in Baltimore to get that city the credit it deserves?

Jerry has plenty of say.  He more or less single-handedly pulled the Rams to LA and Raiders to LV moves.  There will never be a franchise in SA 
Jerrah gonna dddiiiiiiieeeeeewhite> soon. Then SA will get a team.

Ps fuck you Bum Bright you fucking retarted ass aggy fucking moron. Hope you are enjoying roasting in hell for being the scumbag cocksucker that sold The Cowboys to that arky dung pile full of maggots.

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

But he cherishes the SA market.

He’s gonna cherish an expensive wooden box in a few short years.  The NFL knows this.  They’ll move on SA like a fly on shit if it makes those bastards more money.  Mark that down.  

I can’t believe people still buy this ‘Jerry runs shit’ BS.  Those days are long gone.  So long, fuckhead.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Those days are not long gone. As long as he is alive and owns Dallas, he has a lot of power. San Antonio is not getting a team as long as he's alive.

I don’t think SA is getting a team either.  Because it won’t bring maximum dollars.  Not bc Jerry is some messiah.  

That son of a bitch ruined the Cowboys for a couple decades.  Fuck him.  

15 hours ago, YChang said:

Move them to Chula Vista. 

Move them to Juarez.  So when all the wanna be gangster visiting fans show up acting hard they get dissolved in acid.  

13 hours ago, Viper said:

Can they change their mascot to this?

Image result for lowrider dodge charger

The Juarez Vomit.  I like where your head’s at. 

On 10/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, Huckleberry said:

I had been to a few games here and was expecting better.

18f10aw9xotlfjpg.jpg

On 10/19/2018 at 10:19 AM, 'stache said:

L.A. should have a team, but to go straight in with two was dumb as fuck, because you're diluting the fanbase you're trying to build.  The Chargers should be in San Diego.  I don't care how it gets done, get the richers to build their own goddamned stadium if the city won't do it, or find a desperate suburb within 50 miles ala Arlington/Santa Clara who will bend over and cup the balls of the rich owners and build it themselves.  Surely somewhere in the corridor between LA and San Diego some pathetic suburb would do it and it would be close enough to call it San Diego. 

Oceanside, right next to the giant nuclear power plant.