Urban Meyer's Health Watch

Vic Mackey

http://footballscoop.com/news/friction-ohio-state/

“Friction” at Ohio State

The past few weeks industry sources have mentioned to FootballScoop issues at Ohio State between the football staff and athletics leadership as well as within the program itself. Multiple times, the term “friction” has been used to describe issues between Urban Meyer and Gene Smith (and their respective key lieutenants). Within the football program itself, it has been said there is a tension that hasn’t been present in previous years.

Purdue’s beat down of the Buckeyes brought considerable additional attention on the program and has many talking about the issues within the program.

On the Dan Patrick show this morning, former Buckeye Kirk Herbstreit noted he has observed concerning issues with Urban himself. Herbstreit notes, among other things, Urban looking anguished on the sideline, adding that he has seemed erratic at times as well.

Given the success Urban has had, one should assume that in time, he will make the necessary changes to continue to improve the program itself, releasing that tension. However, that “friction” with athletics leadership is different. Something we’re told hasn’t been there in the past.

Certainly the “investigation” in August in connection with the Zach Smith/Urban Meyer issues were a challenge for Ohio State’s leadership. It will be interesting to see if there is additional fallout later this academic year that helps to resolve some of this friction….stay tuned.

On 10/21/2018 at 10:45 AM, PilotsError said:

Wow those fans are the worst of the worst.  They need to wander the desert for about a decade.

They can wander for about 3 decades, for all I care. Ohio State has the single greatest run of coaches in the history of CFB. Outside of one year with Luke Fickell, I'm pretty sure the other 5 guys from Hayes forward all have a winning percentage above .750. OSU fans will bitch to you about Earl Bruce or John Cooper, and neither guy won it all, but they fucking won a ton. They never had a truly hideous run of performance the way all other powers have had since 1960. 

-Texas from '84-97, 2010-2017

-OU in the 90's

-USC in the 80's and 90's

-Michigan for a decade in the 2000s

-Bama for more or less 15 years from 1992-2007

-LSU for most of that period until 2001

-Miami from 2005-now

-Notre Dame from 1998-2010

-Tennessee from the mid-2000's to now

-UF for most of their history but for the 90's and 2006-2009

I mean, you can argue that FSU has had it as good from 1980 forward, but that's about it. These motherfuckers have zero idea what it feels like to view your program as truly lost from relevance without a return to it in sight. I hope Meyer quits and they fuck the hires up for the next 20 years. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

http://footballscoop.com/news/friction-ohio-state/

“Friction” at Ohio State

On the Dan Patrick show this morning, former Buckeye Kirk Herbstreit noted he has observed concerning issues with Urban himself. Herbstreit notes, among other things, Urban looking anguished on the sideline, adding that he has seemed erratic at times as well.

"Body language expert" is my favorite expert.

What better way to burn my 2000th Surly post than to say I hope this is the first of many humiliating losses between now and the end of the Urb's slimy career? With the possible exception of Petrino, no living coach deserves it more. 

Edit: Didn't mean to leave out Briles. He clearly can run with that crowd. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Like 1

What better way to burn my 2000th Surly post than to say I hope this is the first of many humiliating losses between now and the end of the Urb's slimy career? With the possible exception of Petrino, no living coach deserves it more. 
Edit: Didn't mean to leave out Briles. He clearly can run with that crowd. 

Is he a coach though? Isn’t he unemployed? Or is he overseas?

Fist time in this thread so maybe my conspiracy theory has already been said.

What if....ever since the scandal happened he was always going to “retire” this year. Maybe a forced one. tOSU higher ups said we can either fire you now or you can leave on your own at the end of the season. Plus the Ryan Day Rumor of him being the coach in waiting has come out this season. Seems like they have that lined out. I’m sure before this he wasn’t planning to retire anytime soon. And that update yesterday from football scoop saying it’s worse behind the scenes. Maybe urban is going full Mack brown behind the scenes.

Hope Urban loses the rest of the games this year, but based on remaining schedule (including this week's current bye week) the only possible loss left for ohio state is probably the Michigan game......

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV TICKETS
Sat, 11/3
vsNEBNEB
TBD   1,604 tickets as low as $46 
Sat, 11/10
@MSUMSU
TBD   2,901 tickets as low as $61 
Sat, 11/17
@MDMD
TBD   2,188 tickets as low as $48 
Sat, 11/24
vsMICH5 MICH
11:00 AM
FOX
1,738 tickets as low as $238 
Edited by LTtxfan

40 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

What if....ever since the scandal happened he was always going to “retire” this year. Maybe a forced one. tOSU higher ups said we can either fire you now or you can leave on your own at the end of the season. Plus the Ryan Day Rumor of him being the coach in waiting has come out this season. Seems like they have that lined out. I’m sure before this he wasn’t planning to retire anytime soon. And that update yesterday from football scoop saying it’s worse behind the scenes. Maybe urban is going full Mack brown behind the scenes.

0% chance Urban leaves Ohio State after this year. They don’t give a single fuck about that scandal other than it was an inconvenience. Titles and playoff wins in the trophy case says he leaves when he’s ready 

42 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

It seems likely Meyer is gone at the end of this season.  The whole thing just seems toxic, and there's no way osu isn't having buyer's remorse about keeping him on, given the backlash they faced for the penalty.  I think they miscalculated that significantly, but once it's done you can't really pull it back. 

If that's all true, I'd imagine his ego wants one more chance at Saban to end it all, and there's no way he's dealing well with watching it all wash away.

If they keep playing like they are, it will get a lot worse as he implodes.  And it will be glorious to behold. 

22 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

0% chance Urban leaves Ohio State after this year. They don’t give a single fuck about that scandal other than it was an inconvenience. Titles and playoff wins in the trophy case says he leaves when he’s ready 

Urban is completely into himself and won't leave because someone is forcing him,  he leaves only on his terms and comes back only on his terms. His ego can't handle a suggestion of leaving and a firing would be met with attorneys and other strong arm tactics to stay. 

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope Urban loses the rest of the games this year, but based on remaining schedule (including this week's current bye week) the only possible loss left for ohio state is probably the Michigan game......

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV TICKETS
Sat, 11/3
vsNEBNEB
TBD   1,604 tickets as low as $46 
Sat, 11/10
@MSUMSU
TBD   2,901 tickets as low as $61 
Sat, 11/17
@MDMD
TBD   2,188 tickets as low as $48 
Sat, 11/24
vsMICH5 MICH
11:00 AM
FOX
1,738 tickets as low as $238 

I don't watch much CFB.  Maryland is good, right?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

On 10/22/2018 at 1:45 PM, closetojumping said:

They can wander for about 3 decades, for all I care. Ohio State has the single greatest run of coaches in the history of CFB. Outside of one year with Luke Fickell, I'm pretty sure the other 5 guys from Hayes forward all have a winning percentage above .750. OSU fans will bitch to you about Earl Bruce or John Cooper, and neither guy won it all, but they fucking won a ton. They never had a truly hideous run of performance the way all other powers have had since 1960. 

-Texas from '84-97, 2010-2017

-OU in the 90's

-USC in the 80's and 90's

-Michigan for a decade in the 2000s

-Bama for more or less 15 years from 1992-2007

-LSU for most of that period until 2001

-Miami from 2005-now

-Notre Dame from 1998-2010

-Tennessee from the mid-2000's to now

-UF for most of their history but for the 90's and 2006-2009

I mean, you can argue that FSU has had it as good from 1980 forward, but that's about it. These motherfuckers have zero idea what it feels like to view your program as truly lost from relevance without a return to it in sight. I hope Meyer quits and they fuck the hires up for the next 20 years. 

You left out aggy. Oh, wait, they're not a power.

I watched the Purdue game and it was a great win for Purdue.  What has happened to the OSU running game?  From what little I have seen, OSU can't run the ball for shit.  Has Dobbins regressed under poor coaching or is because Demetrius Knox is a starter on that putrid OL?  

I am glad we got Stan Drayton,  

I watched the Purdue game and it was a great win for Purdue.  What has happened to the OSU running game?  From what little I have seen, OSU can't run the ball for shit.  Has Dobbins regressed under poor coaching or is because Demetrius Knox is a starter on that putrid OL?  

I am glad we got Stan Drayton,  

Juries still out on Drayton when it comes to RB development in my book, but yeah to the rest of that.