CR Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting

GSU&UT

6 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Surly thought police out strong as expected. Perhaps this tragedy like many of the past tragedies doesn’t fit into the half the country is at fault narrative. 

Maybe you should think things through a bit more...

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

So wait, are you saying both sides are at fault? Those Jews sure had it coming, what with their peaceful worship at their synagogue amirite

Yes that is exactly what I wrote... No, I think it would be fair to assume I don’t think anyone or any religious or ethnic group should ever have this type of violence brought on them. 

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The alt right movement that trump has embraced

[Derail]

People keep looking at the alt-right as a Trump faction.  It’s really more of a Putin base/creation/cult.  The ideology of the alt-right is almost identical to Putin’s.

A misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, nativist, nationalist, isolationist, nihilist ideology. 

What sucks is the alt-right will be around long after Trump is gone. 

I’d be curious to see this shooters views on Russia.

/derail

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

Just now, Telegraph_it said:

Yes that is exactly what I wrote... No, I think it would be fair to assume I don’t think anyone or any religious or ethnic group should ever have this type of violence brought on them. 

Really? I read it as that "half the country" (read: trump supporter) isn't responsible for the rhetoric and conspiracy theories that led this man to believe that terrorists were being snuck into the country by jews through use of a migrant caravan. You're making excuses for their behavior in the same way that trump said that neonazis are very fine people. 

7 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Surly thought police out strong as expected. Perhaps this tragedy like many of the past tragedies doesn’t fit into the half the country is at fault narrative. 

In The Once and Future King, the ant colony portrayal was most memorable to me.

EVERYTHING WHICH IS NOT FORBIDDEN IS COMPULSORY (S.13.27)

This is one of Wart's earliest lessons about how power can be used for bad ends. In the world of the ants, there is no room for free-thinking or individualism. This statement, written in all capital letters on the wall of the ant colony, shows that there is only black and white, "done" or "not done," forbidden or required.

Anything interfering with these ant rules must look like brainwashing or insanity. 

Think about it if you're able.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

People keep looking at the alt-right as a Trump faction.  It’s really more of a Putin base/creation/cult.  The ideology of the alt-right is identical to Putin’s.

A misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, nativist, nationalist, isolationist, nihilist ideology. 

What sucks is the alt-right will be around long after Trump is gone. 

I’d be curious to see this shooters views on Russia.

My god shut the fuck up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Really? I read it as that "half the country" (read: trump supporter) isn't responsible for the rhetoric and conspiracy theories that led this man to believe that terrorists were being snuck into the country by jews through use of a migrant caravan. You're making excuses for their behavior in the same way that trump said that neonazis are very fine people. 

I never said which half I was talking about. Perhaps I don’t think it’s wise to immediately jump to a polarized conclusion based on what “bucket” or ideology the person commiting atrocities seems to belong to. Reality is never that simple and shouting down others who are slow to reach your view on things is lazy. 

Edited by Telegraph_it
Spelling

56 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

white man with a beard.  probably a baptist.

BACK THE FUCK OFF!!! I'm a white man with a beard.

Oh, wait...beeeeard. You were implying something about a certain religion of hairy-faced individuals who supposedly don't like Jews, and I don't mean the Amish.

"Ragnarok, huh? I bet you think you're a Viking badass," says the blue-eyed debil with an ironic Nordic handle.

I never said which half I was talking about. Perhaps I don’t think it’s wise to immediately jump to a polarized conclusion based on what “bucket” or ideology the person commiting atrocities seems to belong to. Reality is never that simple and shouting down others who are slow to reach your view on things is lazy. 

The shooter literally stated that he 1) hates these Jews 2) for supporting brown immigrant caravans.

While the world is indeed complex, he gave pretty direct reasons. Reasons that overlay almost perfectly with anti-immigrant rhetoric that is the red meat of the alt right.
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ah, and so that's Trump's fault for being the most pro-Israel, pro-Jewish President in modern times.  Clever bastard. Amazing how many ways Trump finds to stir up hate.

I know you were being sarcastic with this statement, but it is absolutely the case.  Is he personally responsible, no.  But, as President, his rhetoric sets the tone and those on the edge get pushed to act. And before you scream libtard, it also stirs up the nuts on the left to do things like shoot congressmen at a softball practice. All of them are mentally ill, and wrong to act,  but if you think they aren't all triggered by what he tweets and says then you are naive. His shtick is dangerous and is directly related to the division and hatred that causes these actions across the entire political spectrum. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I know you were being sarcastic with this statement, but it is absolutely the case.  Is he personally responsible, no.  But, as President, his rhetoric sets the tone and those on the edge get pushed to act. And before you scream libtard, it also stirs up the nuts on the left to do things like shoot congressmen at a softball practice. All of them are mentally ill, and wrong to act,  but if you think they aren't all triggered by what he tweets and says then you are naive. His shtick is dangerous and is directly related to the division and hatred that causes these actions across the entire political spectrum. 

It’s also his enablers and normalizer at Fox News and the complicit Republicans in Congress.  They know damn well this shit is going to happen but go along with it because they are corrupted.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Fuck him.  Just fuck him.  Blaming the synagogue that got shot up. And suggesting that the answer is that Jews live like they're in a war zone (which I guess we are).  Fuck him.

So we've officially giving up on "thoughts and prayers"?

EDIT: That was directed at Trump's quote, not lemonlime.

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Exactly.

people to busy fighting with each other to realize what’s going on under their nose. 

My buddy used to do the same shit to his parents so we could sneak out. Get them fighting at each other all night and you are free as a bird.

18 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Oh you're right, it must be the liberals fault. They love to spread their message of racism and exclusion and violence. They're definitely the ones who built an echo chamber to aplify a conspiracy theory to the point where someone shot up a synagogue. 

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The shooter literally stated that he 1) hates these Jews 2) for supporting brown immigrant caravans.

While the world is indeed complex, he gave pretty direct reasons. Reasons that overlay almost perfectly with anti-immigrant rhetoric that is the red meat of the alt right.

And my point is half the country is not the alt right but let’s put blame on everyone who, for this example, supports immigration laws and divide everything further. Should be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Oh you're right, it must be the liberals fault. They love to spread their message of racism and exclusion and violence. They're definitely the ones who built an echo chamber to aplify a conspiracy theory to the point where someone shot up a synagogue. 

Your reading comprehension is outstanding. 

Here's is why political leader's words carry weight.  When someone like the President refuses to understand, embrace, or carry out their responsibility to their country, not just their team, there is an impact.  There are consequences.  Absence of doing the right thing, like condemning Neo-Nazis and blatant racists, can be extremely influential.  Defending them is worse....

The radicalization of the ignorant, weak, white male in this country is having dire consequences.

And my point is half the country is not the alt right but let’s put blame on everyone who, for this example, supports immigration laws and divide everything further. Should be fine. 

You fucks are circulating posts on FB about “protecting America” form immigrants by showing up at the border, armed and ready to shoot brown people.

When you relentlessly characterize an “other” as an enemy representing mortal danger - Which Fox and every other right wing outlet has done relentlessly for months/years now - you don’t get to wash your hands of this. You don’t. This shit doesn’t wash off.

You’re either a part of it, or you work against it. That’s where we are. Own it. You can’t run away from it.
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

The problem is half the country isn’t doing their job of cleaning their own house.  

30 years ago Republican leadership would marginalize groups like the alt-right and Qanon types.  They would forcefully and publicly explain to all of America that these views are bad for our society and shouldn’t be tolerated. 

The opposite is happening now. These extremist groups are now protected through the vilification of their opposition like Antifa and BLM.  It’s sick and immoral.  

Clean your fucking house Republicans.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I don't really care. Half the country is either alt-right or people who oppose those who are trying to stop the alt-right.   Doing nothing in the face of evil is itself evil.  

• Like 7

Just now, Telegraph_it said:

Your reading comprehension is outstanding. 

You inability to grasp how these conspiracy theories are the bread and butter of Fox news and trump is outstanding. Hell, they were playing the migrant caravan INSTEAD of the bombing yesterday. It's not hard to trace back to where these conspiracy theories are coming from. And its not the left. 

I hold the GOP culpable for this because any of them could speak out against Trump's rhetoric and the trend to demonize people who don't look like you. But none of them do. You can call their office and their staff will tell you that they're against violence and racism, but nobody ever takes a stand against Trump's rhetoric. And when the left does, they get called soy boy and are declared to be over reacting. 

So tell me how the republicans don't have anything to do with these sort of travesties when they're in a position to do something about the hateful language and stories but do nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You inability to grasp how these conspiracy theories are the bread and butter of Fox news and trump is outstanding. Hell, they were playing the migrant caravan INSTEAD of the bombing yesterday. It's not hard to trace back to where these conspiracy theories are coming from. And its not the left. 

I hold the GOP culpable for this because any of them could speak out against Trump's rhetoric and the trend to demonize people who don't look like you. But none of them do. You can call their office and their staff will tell you that they're against violence and racism, but nobody ever takes a stand against Trump's rhetoric. And when the left does, they get called soy boy and are declared to be over reacting. 

So tell me how the republicans don't have anything to do with these sort of travesties when they're in a position to do something about the hateful language and stories but do nothing. 

They also spread anti-semitic baseless conspiracy theories that Soros was funding the caravan.  

I don't really care. Half the country is either alt-right or people who oppose those who are trying to stop the alt-right.   Doing nothing in the face of evil is itself evil.  

This. It’s long past time to choose your side. Choose. History is watching you.

You fucking cowardly scum. Choose. Have some balls. Oh, the irony, you tickets who say “soy boy” don’t have even the mini-nuts it takes to say “fuck this evil rhetoric.” Cowards.
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If he’s trying to get moderate conservatives like myself to vote for anyone but his party, he’s doing a good job.

i don’t wish impeachment, just that a few folks will drag him out in the street and beat the shit out of him for awhile.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You fucks are circulating posts on FB about “protecting America” form immigrants by showing up at the border, armed and ready to shoot brown people.

It's amazing that you guys think it is controversial to have a border.  Let's greet them with flowers, cookies, room and board, and welfare checks. I'm sure if we do that, this will be the last caravan.  Nobody wants to shoot "brown people".   If you want to change the laws so that we have an open border, elect a President and Congress who will do so. You sure didn't do it last time you had complete control.  In fact Obama said this:

“We are a generous and welcoming people here in the United States,” Obama says in the 31-second clip. “But those who enter the country illegally and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law. We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants into this country.”

• Fuck You 5