Horns Down

Helobious

The Horns Down  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be a penalty?

• Stop being an easily offended snowflake, it shouldn't be a penalty when an opposing player does it
    • Fuck you, it's textbook taunting & worthy of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

18 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Some of you are fucking snowflakes.   Taunting is standing over a downed player and yelling at them, or running past the other sideline and yelling shit.   Making some hand sign as you score a touchdown is not taunting.  That was such a bullshit call, as was the call to toss the starting lineman.   I was embarrassed to be on the receiving end of that. 

tell Mike Davis that.  we aren't saying don't do it, we are saying apply the fucking rule evenly.  Maybe Herman can check with the refs to see if we can give the finger to the Tech fans, or pretend like we are smoking meth and passing out to the WVU fans,  etc.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Are you a dumbass? Horns up is our hand sign and celebrating our team. Horns down is meant to mock us, which is textbook taunting. 

Are you a dumbass? I specifically described horns up in a fans/players face you fuckstick read the fucking quote.  Doesn't matter if its your fucking hand sign or not, you do it in someones face it's taunting.  Reading comprehension how does it work.  

13 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Are you a dumbass? I specifically described horns up in a fans/players face you fuckstick read the fucking quote.  Doesn't matter if its your fucking hand sign or not, you do it in someones face it's taunting.  Reading comprehension how does it work.  

Don’t be a butthurt bitch. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

look you are so far out on this limb its silly.  you keep mentioning fans. 

so when a tech player does a guns up towards a group of texas fans that have some tech fans in it, it should be a penalty?  good luck with that being applied well by the group of retards like Big 12 officials.  how far away is he allowed to do it?

why do you think holgo the drunk asked about it beforehand. because he knows it is taunting and it fires his guys up.  

probably time for you to die on another hill, this isn't the one.

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

If it's pointed at our players or bench, absolutely that's taunting.

If it's pointed at the crowd after a score, that's not any different than the shhh gesture.  Flagging that is stupid.

Hmm, just thinkin here.. so our players, then, should be allowed to flick off opposing teams’ fans after a score? A gesture that is equally as disrespectful and taunting in nature

Also imo the “shhh” is much less disrespectful or taunting in nature than the Horns down

Edited by GotThatFire

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

look you are so far out on this limb its silly.  you keep mentioning fans. 

so when a tech player does a guns up towards a group of texas fans that have some tech fans in it, it should be a penalty?  good luck with that being applied well by the group of retards like Big 12 officials.  how far away is he allowed to do it?

why do you think holgo the drunk asked about it beforehand. because he knows it is taunting and it fires his guys up.  

probably time for you to die on another hill, this isn't the one.

You just confirmed how fucking stupid the conversation of what's a penalty and what's not I'll give you that.

Horns down directed at Texas fans is essentially the middle finger.  I honestly don’t have a problem with opposing players showing their own fans the horns down, but Will Grier went right to our student section and taunted with them with the horns down which is at the very least, unsportsmanlike and deserved a penalty. If he just did the horns down to the TV camera or to his own fan section I don’t think it should be penalized. Context matters imo

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Take the Horns down pussies.

Jfc what kind of safe space triggered sandy vag cunts have we become if this is even a discussion?

Oh boo fucking hoo the opposing team/fan did something that upsets me oh boo fuck me i am such a god dam bitch ass cunt... fuck

It bothers me not one bit. It’s like the old saying about not worrying about what people are saying about you, as long as they’re talking about you. The casual observer sees the WVU player doing that and they’re still thinking Texas instead of WVU.  How else does every fan base know that this Horns down think even exists?

Not only does it not bother me, I kind of like it... fuck ‘em. 

I had no problem with both instances getting flagged. Gotta have some awareness when playing on the road. Taking class out of it, asking the refs before the game is just begging for trouble.  The only thing I had an issue with was the Cajuste ejection. If you throw him out for that, Omenihu has to get ejected for throwing a closed fist punch the previous drive. 

Jfc what kind of safe space triggered sandy vag cunts have we become if this is even a discussion?
Oh boo fucking hoo the opposing team/fan did something that upsets me oh boo fuck me i am such a god dam bitch ass cunt... fuck
I'm with you on this one. Horns down doesn't bother me one bit. It's part of college football's raw emotion and that's why I love this game so much. We put Horns up when something good happens and we should be able to take it like an adult when something bad happens. Getting butthurt when someone does Horns down is akin to Kyler's actions after the RRS. Take the loss, pussy.

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Horns down directed at Texas fans is essentially the middle finger.  I honestly don’t have a problem with opposing players showing their own fans the horns down, but Will Grier went right to our student section and taunted with them with the horns down which is at the very least, unsportsmanlike and deserved a penalty. If he just did the horns down to the TV camera or to his own fan section I don’t think it should be penalized. Context matters imo

It should definitely be a penalty, but that's just why - it's not worse than other flagrant taunts, in fact it's relatively benign.. it just pisses off UT fans.  But as for other teams doing it, I don't give a shit, doesn't bother me in the least unless the guy doing it is a known cocksucker (Cleveland Browns, I'm looking at you).  But to me it's a good reminder that if you didn't fucking play like shit, no one would do it to you (or at least it would be funny because it would be pathetic).

I do think it's a penalty depending on the circumstances (over a downed guy's face, or just to inflame the crowd, but like not on their own sideline to each other or something), but I agree... getting mad over that = well then win the fucking game next time and you won't have to worry about it.

• Like 1

It used to bother me years ago but now, meh.  This team just needs to nut up and do something about it and curb stomp the team that does it.  

I remember a time when it was kind of like the kiss of death and would come back to bite the opposing team, now not so much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

This is the only correct answer. This interpretation/component of the rule is stupid.

1 hour ago, Mountaineer Maniac said:

I had no problem with both instances getting flagged. Gotta have some awareness when playing on the road. Taking class out of it, asking the refs before the game is just begging for trouble.  The only thing I had an issue with was the Cajuste ejection. If you throw him out for that, Omenihu has to get ejected for throwing a closed fist punch the previous drive. 

Sure, I’m guessing the refs didn’t see that. They certainly weren’t doing us any favors yesterday. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

I'm with you on this one. Horns down doesn't bother me one bit. It's part of college football's raw emotion and that's why I love this game so much. We put Horns up when something good happens and we should be able to take it like an adult when something bad happens. Getting butthurt when someone does Horns down is akin to Kyler's actions after the RRS. Take the loss, pussy.

Putting your horns up is not a taunt. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

If Chris Nelson can't rub his fucking stomach after a nice play without getting flagged, then Horns down is absolutely a penalty.

actually i don't remember Nelson getting flagged the two times he did it, but horns down is clearly taunting. it is the whole essence of taunting. the purpose isn't to celebrate your score, it is to rub it in your opponent's face.

29 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Putting your horns up is not a taunt

You think not one person is offended by the horns up and cosiders it taunting? I'm pretty sure you could find someone in every stadium to swear on a stack of Bible's they find it insulting and disrespectful

if opposing fans interpret  that as an elitist  "F-you, we're Texas", you'd be ok with banning the horns up sign? 

You can't have it both ways. if you're offended by horns down someone else is offended by horns up

of course you are completely missing the point.  no one here cares if other teams do it to fans or to themselves the problem is Mike Davis got called for the exact same situation in lubbock. either its a rule or its not.  the discussion is about calling a penalty which actually affects the game.   right now the rule is "don't be an ass towards opposing teams fans in their building"  YES it is a stupid fucking rule but if you are going to have the rule apply it equally.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I don't recall the Mike Davis thing, can anyone refresh me on what happened?

he scored a TD in lubbock and pretended like he was putting guns in holsters(kind of a Guns down I guess) towards their fans.  they flagged him.

• Like 1

he scored a TD in lubbock and pretended like he was putting guns in holsters(kind of a Guns down I guess) towards their fans.  they flagged him.
Pretty sure it was the same game where Mack & DeLoss were making out on the sidelines after we secured the win. 2012 IIRC.

2 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I was just asking a question because I don't recall ever seeing a player flagged for that and I watch a ton of football. 

Thanks for answering my question. 

I've never seen it flagged either.  they don't get flagged because referees decide it isn't taunting.  not because it isn't taunting.  therein lies the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

of course you are completely missing the point.  no one here cares if other teams do it to fans or to themselves the problem is Mike Davis got called for the exact same situation in lubbock. either its a rule or its not.  the discussion is about calling a penalty which actually affects the game.   right now the rule is "don't be an ass towards opposing teams fans in their building"  YES it is a stupid fucking rule but if you are going to have the rule apply it equally.

Have you read the thread, because it sure seems like some care. Again, the rule is stupid because there is no clear line and it’s more about disrespect. Horns up, horns down, guns, be quiet sign, gator chomp, all of it is ridiculous to be penalized and is a part of college football. What happened to nutting up on the field and either making the other team regret being stupid or don’t give them the opportunity?

• Like 3

I don't care what's right anymore, I only care about getting what I want. So, it's taunting, and I was glad it got flagged, and I laughed when the fucking dipshit cocksucker West Virginia player got kicked out, and I hope every player that ever does it tears up his knee and has to fall back on his lucrative post-football career of selling used cars. I hope Will Grier's life from here on goes so badly that Art Schlichter and Todd Marinovich and OJ Simpson look at him and say "I made mistakes but at least I didn't end up like Will Grier". I hope West Virginia goes on probation for a hundred billion years and Dana Holgorsen gets trapped in a burning building, or worse, the Big 12 after we leave it in six years.

Fuck anyone that's ever done it and fuck everyone who defends it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't care what's right anymore, I only care about getting what I want. So, it's taunting, and I was glad it got flagged, and I laughed when the fucking dipshit cocksucker West Virginia player got kicked out, and I hope every player that ever does it tears up his knee and has to fall back on his lucrative post-football career of selling used cars. I hope Will Grier's life from here on goes so badly that Art Schlichter and Todd Marinovich and OJ Simpson look at him and say "I made mistakes but at least I didn't end up like Will Grier". I hope West Virginia goes on probation for a hundred billion years and Dana Holgorsen gets trapped in a burning building, or worse, the Big 12 after we leave it in six years.

Fuck anyone that's ever done it and fuck everyone who defends it.

Harumph, harumph!

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Davis actually did it on his first two TDs and was only flagged the second time.  Tech did horns down several times that game without a call, but officials have been calling it ever since.

IDGAF as long as it's consistent.  It's either a penalty or not.  If taking a bow or holding your hand to to your ear to pump/silence the crowd is a penalty, then throwing your opponents hand signal down certainly is.