Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/3/2021 at 11:22 PM, SwAss said:

BYU is going All-Royal Uni's for the first time ever against Arizona in Las Vegas.  

That's some Arena League shit. Too bad, BYU usually looks really nice - I've always preferred their look to Penn State's as a traditional blue/white team.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:19 PM, DFW Horn said:

Sark's shirt with the Nike swoosh right above our logo looks like shit.

That was the "preseason polo" from a few years ago. I actually like how it looks from the front but the back is solid orange (the lighter orange, not the darker one in the clip) and isn't striped so it looks odd.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:33 PM, 'stache said:

Nope, the star is what's iconic, not the silver-green. It's not like it's changing history or anything, these grey pants are every bit iconic as the silver-green, but look so much better.

image.jpeg.b30e534908178d3549fbb11b4e9de6b4.jpeg

Totally agree. I don't root for the Cowboys but, those are great uniforms.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I was watching the 30 for 30 on the 1983 draft on Saturday and that has to be the perfect era of helmet logos. I was still 6 years from being born too so it isn't just nostalgia saying that either.

The 90's were a ton of fun collecting these from the grocery store vending machine and trading when you got doubles. I also liked smashing them together like the old MNF intro.

NFL mini helmets from the quarter vending machines at the grocery store.:  nostalgia

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The 90's were a ton of fun collecting these from the grocery store vending machine and trading when you got doubles. I also liked smashing them together like the old MNF intro.

NFL mini helmets from the quarter vending machines at the grocery store.:  nostalgia

Yep had all of those or close to all of them. The worst part about them was that with enough play the facemasks would start breaking or falling off. I also picked up a bunch from the college football hall of fame in 1998 when BU played @ Notre Dame and the hall of fame was still in South Bend. As a 9 year old I had to have an Indiana one because of Antwan Randle-El as he was setting the college football world on fire. Ah good times.

Edited by SimonBolivar

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So...a Saints ripoff.

I mean... that's what a black and gold football uniform set is going to look like without jazzing it up a lot.

They've had some interesting uniforms in the past, but not always good ones. I do like the two tone shoulder stripes:

80bd55a9-23e0-4bc1-a8a4-c8021ad29040-hef

sddefault.jpg

2136706-L.jpg

Edited by texifornia

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well it sounds like we get new ones next year with a more accurate orange, if CDC's hints on Twitter are to be believed.

And an SEC logo instead of Big 12. But I get the dudes point....everyone getting new jerseys and shit but we can't for what reason?

Edited by BurntOrange&White