RIP Stan Lee

Eastwood

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, great life. I don't get starstruck and hate celebrity worship but that man brought a lot of joy to a lot of lives and also a lot of family bonding time to mine. RIP, sir.

Seemed like a legitimately great person, too. I know someone of limited artistic ability (at the time) who submitted samples to Marvel, and Lee himself replied with pointers and tips to improve. That's better than rejection.

RIP Stan

As a comic nerd growing up his influence was undeniable. I got to see him at a convention 4 or 5 years ago. I'd never been to one before and it was pretty amazing seeing the turnout. Sitting through his Q&A was cool to see one of the architects of modern mythology. My only regret at the time was getting up to ask him this question, "Mr. Stan Lee, have you ever thought about faking your death? Then waiting a few months to return from the grave and therefore proving that life is no stranger than fiction."

Help me out here. Why are people calling Stan Lee a racist, homophobe, and rapist?

Aw hell lemme google it myself....

It seems to stem from this quote about creating minority characters rather than turning popular characters into minorities (in case you didn't know, Iron Man is now a black teenage girl, Iceman is gay, Thor is a woman and weirdly goes by "Thor" even though its his given name, not some kind of mantle)

“It has nothing to do with being anti-gay, or anti-black, or anti-Latino, or anything like that,” Lee said according to comicbook.news. “Latino characters should stay Latino. The Black Panther should certainly not be Swiss. I just see no reason to change that which has already been established when it’s so easy to add new characters. I say create new characters the way you want to. Hell, I’ll do it myself.”

8 minutes ago, ajax said:

Help me out here. Why are people calling Stan Lee a racist, homophobe, and rapist?

Aw hell lemme google it myself....

It seems to stem from this quote about creating minority characters rather than turning popular characters into minorities (in case you didn't know, Iron Man is now a black teenage girl, Iceman is gay, Thor is a woman and weirdly goes by "Thor" even though its his given name, not some kind of mantle)

“It has nothing to do with being anti-gay, or anti-black, or anti-Latino, or anything like that,” Lee said according to comicbook.news. “Latino characters should stay Latino. The Black Panther should certainly not be Swiss. I just see no reason to change that which has already been established when it’s so easy to add new characters. I say create new characters the way you want to. Hell, I’ll do it myself.”

Fake Woke will be the death of us all.

RIP Stan.  I hope heaven gives you as many kryptonite condoms as you want.