Major Applewhite Gets into Heated Exchange with DT Ed Oliver

Vic Mackey

12 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

Fans and players aren't comparable. I don't expect players to shake hands after the shit that is said back and forth throughout the course of a game. 

I'll give you a pass since you've never played sports beyond little league, but while many players say plenty of vile shit to each other there's also plenty of "nice play", "good tackle", etc. and other cordial talk said to opponents in games too. And just by watching sports you should see instances of someone patting an opponent on the helmet, helping an opponent off the turf or court, and stuff like that. It's not facetious either. To act like sports is non-stop hate and ugliness towards the other team is laughable. 

I really hope you're on Kyler Murray's side in the whole "take the loss pussy" thing. That happened because Murray was a sore loser and didn't want to shake Ehlinger's hand after the game. According to your logic, Murray is in the right in that exchange. 

7 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Coats are for players, Ed.  Play, wear a coat.  Ditch on your team mates, no matter why, no coat.  Welcome to adulthood.  Coats are for closers.

You see this draft potential? This draft potential is worth more than your house. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Then take that draft potential and buy your own coat.  Don't refuse to be part of the team, but expect to be treated like a part of the team.

I was quoting GGGR. As were you. Sorry if ya missed it.

Scene where Baldwin talks about his watch.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

But it isn't about the size. A lot of QBs are full grown NFL size in high school. I went to school with a guy who was a year younger and he went on to play at Colorado St and then in the NFL for the Bears and then a few other teams. He was as big as he was in high school as he ever was in the NFL. But it's the speed of the game and just how talented everyone is. Hell there's a massive leap from college to pro in both aspects. I could not even imagine the difference between high school to the NFL. 

So you went to Forney High School and played with Caleb Haney?   You would have been in my district, then.    Chris Meager, is that you? or are you that hispanic dude that went to a certain university out west of Colorado?  Asking for a friend....

Edited by Fart

So you went to Forney High School and played with Caleb Haney?   You would have been in my district, then.    Chris Meager, is that you? or are you that hispanic dude that went to a certain university out west of Colorado?  Asking for a friend....

Yes sir Caleb Hanie. But no, I did not play football. My first name is Jeff. I was 2003 graduation class of Forney HS Did you go to Forney??

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yes sir Caleb Hanie. But no, I did not play football. My first name is Jeff. I was 2003 graduation class of Forney HS Did you go to Forney??

I went to Quinlan-Ford, class of 1998, but you would have played against my baby brother, class of 2001.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

So because one Yankee fan decided to toss a beer at a green haired fruitcake sitting by himself surrounded by Yankee fans they are all horrible? He knew what he was getting into. Just look at the smile on his face. 

God I can't believe I'm defending the Yankees right now. Fuck the Yankees. That's how much of a dumbass you have been in this thread. 

So that justifies him getting beer thrown on him?   That's just crossing the line right there.  Any person should have a reasonable expectation of going to a game (or anywhere in public) and not having to worry about having beer thrown on them.    That's just human decency.    

Edited by Fart

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

You see this draft potential? This draft potential is worth more than your house. 

224 players are drafted every year. The large majority of them don’t quit on their teams mid-year. 

I’m not even an Applewhite fan but Ed Oliver is a prima donna bitch for pulling that shit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

224 players are drafted every year. The large majority of them don’t quit on their teams mid-year. 

I’m not even an Applewhite fan but Ed Oliver is a prima donna bitch for pulling that shit. 

God for fuck's sake for the 2nd time it's a quote. Thank you for taking it literally but I'm going straight off of GGGR for meme potential. 

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Major Applewhite had high school talent and did great things in college because he loved the game and worked his ass off to be better than he ever should have been.

He must hate a guy blessed with NFL talent who quit on his college team.  And he's not wrong.

Yes. And that’s why Major is a Texas Legend. 

4 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Oliver is a bitch if he needs a damn big coat like that in 50* weather.

That's Houston in general.  Seriously.

The coat/ toboggan/ parka shit when it breaks below 60 is unbelievable.

Then again, this scenario was just some heel being a bitch, who got even bitchier for being called on it.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

God for fuck's sake for the 2nd time it's a quote. Thank you for taking it literally but I'm going straight off of GGGR for meme potential. 

Ok I just gotta ask now because it is bugging the shit out of me: of all the VY picks you could have chosen, why the fucking Eagles? 

4 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Ok I just gotta ask now because it is bugging the shit out of me: of all the VY picks you could have chosen, why the fucking Eagles? 

Hah.

Because I think it's funny and I rarely take anything seriously. Especially when it's random banter on a message board. 

VY is the guy. But the durag and the "dream team" shit is too much to ignore.

IDK - I've thought about changing it but it's sort of iconic at this point.

Peace

On 11/16/2018 at 3:28 PM, Texas25 said:

Nick Bosa is a whopping one inch taller and 13 lbs heavier today than he was when he graduated high school. Is he really any more ready now than he was coming out of high school?

Come on.  Even you know this is an absurd assertion:  "what weighs more:  200lbs of muscle, or 200lbs of gumdrops"?  I played this game with my kids when they were little.  The body composition of a HS kids and the composition of a grown man is night & day different.  Like apples and aardvarks different.  Nor is it simply muscle.  You can pack on muscle.  It's the connecting ligaments, tendons, muscle density, & even bone density of a grown man vs. a soft HS kid that is the difference between one getting up between plays and one getting carried off on a stretcher.  It's the argument the trans nutjubs try to make when a prior man competes against women...."see, see, they weigh the same....."  

On 11/17/2018 at 8:00 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Buy more coats, cheapskates. 

Heh, true enough.  Are coats some kind of rare commodity on the UH sideline?

Also, it seems to me that the players that AREN'T playing in the game and keeping their bodies warm with exercise, are MORE likely to need a coat, right? 

Shoulda been a fur coat though, now THAT would have made for quite a scene.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:43 AM, ztejas said:

Hah.

Because I think it's funny and I rarely take anything seriously. Especially when it's random banter on a message board. 

VY is the guy. But the durag and the "dream team" shit is too much to ignore.

IDK - I've thought about changing it but it's sort of iconic at this point.

Peace

I member when he showed up to Gregory gym to play pickup in a baby blue escalade after he got drafted. What a goof.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 11/19/2018 at 2:44 PM, txbroadcaster said:
Your graduating year I was calling Forney football and baseball LOL. 

Nice! Did you happen to call the Forney v Carthage playoff game in 2002? That was my senior year.

He was the one cruising the hefty cheerleaders.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, txbroadcaster said:
yep was there for each playoff game including the loss to Everman

Yeah those were tough losses. Those were my junior and Senior year. The state loss to Lagrange was bad too

They lost to LaGrange in football and baseball state finals in different years. Homer Bailey for LaGrange  pitched a gem to beat them in 03

15 hours ago, txbroadcaster said:

They lost to LaGrange in football and baseball state finals in different years. Homer Bailey for LaGrange  pitched a gem to beat them in 03

I forgot about that. They lost in state this year as well. when we lost to La Grange in state in football, they had Tyler Gunn at QB. Dude was big and good. I think Forney still had David Ross who went on to play DE at Aggy. 

• 2 weeks later...