Will Bob Stoops Ever Coach Again?

Vic Mackey

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I became a Longhorn fan in 2006, and that's when I learned about Bob Stoop and OU Sucks.

Still don't know why such a young person left such a great job.

And why isn't he in the conversation to take another college job?  
USC looming large.

According to Wikipedia, Stoops is only 60 y/o.  That's almost young as far as college coaches go.

Edited by ATXbronco

1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:

I became a Longhorn fan in 2006, and that's when I learned about Bob Stoop and OU Sucks.

USC looming large.

According to Wikipedia, Stoops is only 60 y/o.  That's almost young as far as college coaches go.

I expect him to be back coaching in a few years like Mack did. He was in one of those semi pro football leagues that went away due to Covid. He coached one of the Dallas teams. So he definitely wants to keep coaching. 

On 11/21/2018 at 6:27 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Isn't Mack a lot older than Stoops, though?? Mack has been gone now for 5 seasons. I think it's safe he has no real desire to return to the game. He is content with doing studio work.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:47 PM, Treefidy said:

I think this is possible.  BK should run from dome if he makes the playoff, while his stock is high.   His tenure there has just about run its course and he's got them about as good as he ever will.

also agree there's a good chance Riley leaves for the NFL to try his luck this year or next.  

Urban doesnt look like he will make it more than 1 more year, he looks bad.  

Wouldnt the carousel be fun if USC, tOSU, Dome, and OU all opened up at the same time?  

I scrolled this far before noticing it was an old bump.

10 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

USC looming large.

His dad died at age 54 after suffering a heart attack while coaching. This is why he got out early.