Will Bob Stoops Ever Coach Again?

Vic Mackey

Yeah I know, OU Sucks and Stoops sucks a bag of dicks but I can't imagine he stays away from coaching forever, does he? I saw someone mention they think he will coach Ohio St when Urban inevitably has his next fake heart attack.

But is there any chance he goes back to OU if the rumblings are true about Lincoln Riley having NFL aspirations?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

There’s probably a reason he left. 

A sooner here said after our loss that there's a rumor in Norman that Bob stepped down temporarily so Lincoln could fire Mike. 

While I don't personally believe it, if Riley were to bolt for the NFL and Stoops were to return to ou, I might change my mind. 

I think he'll coach again, but not at ou.  Notre dame, tosu, possibly usc, hell, Bama after Saban if he decides he's done soon and they can't pull Dabo from Clemson.  I think he'd come back for an opportunity like one of those if they open in the next few years.  I only think he'd come back to a very favorable situation, though.  He's old enough not to want a rebuild project. 

37 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

A sooner here said after our loss that there's a rumor in Norman that Bob stepped down temporarily so Lincoln could fire Mike. 

While I don't personally believe it, if Riley were to bolt for the NFL and Stoops were to return to ou, I might change my mind. 

I think he'll coach again, but not at ou.  Notre dame, tosu, possibly usc, hell, Bama after Saban if he decides he's done soon and they can't pull Dabo from Clemson.  I think he'd come back for an opportunity like one of those if they open in the next few years.  I only think he'd come back to a very favorable situation, though.  He's old enough not to want a rebuild project. 

This is dumb. If you listen to an interview of his, you’d be pretty convinced he ain’t coming back. At least to college ball. The recruiting game passed him years ago. He doesn’t want anything to do with it. Pretty sure he’s just gonna fish and be a fan from here. 

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Dallas Cowboys??!! Don’t laugh. Jerry has a history with former OU Sucks coaches.

Yes I could see that happening but really why did he leave coaching in the first place. Maybe putting up with all those 4*/5* egos gets old when you have 50 million in the bank.

2 hours ago, SDG said:

Ohio State or ND are his next stop.   

This

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Someone in the Tech thread posted a rumor of him going to Tech. 

So. There's that. 

Lol

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Ran out of dicks?

This also.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Did Switzer take them out of Norman with him when he left?

Maybe. 

26 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

Yes I could see that happening but really why did he leave coaching in the first place. Maybe putting up with all those 4*/5* egos gets old when you have 50 million in the bank.

Or maybe he thought something big was going to hit OU in the form an NCAA investigation and he wanted to get out of town before shit hit the fan?   That was the first thing that came to my mind because it was an all the sudden thing.  

33 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Or maybe he thought something big was going to hit OU in the form an NCAA investigation and he wanted to get out of town before shit hit the fan?   That was the first thing that came to my mind because it was an all the sudden thing.  

Wasn't that the reason Chip Kelly left Oregon in a hurry?

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He's 55 and his kids are in college.  He's in a totally different life stage now.  He's made over $100M, has three homes and flies private jet between them all.  Why would he want to coach again and beg 18 year olds to play for him?

He'll never coach again.

This. If he does go back it will be after the one son is done playing at OU.The other twin originally walked on too but gave it up for regular student life before the season started.

He saw something in Lincoln Riley and decided it was good time to exit with program in good standing and capable leadership.

He has said last year was tough, especially on game days. He didn't even watch the RRR. Said this year has been much easier.

Networks will throw big money at him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Asking that question is somewhat similar to asking if would Mack return? 

Isn't Mack a lot older than Stoops, though?? Mack has been gone now for 5 seasons. I think it's safe he has no real desire to return to the game. He is content with doing studio work.

He's 55 and his kids are in college.  He's in a totally different life stage now.  He's made over $100M, has three homes and flies private jet between them all.  Why would he want to coach again and beg 18 year olds to play for him?
He'll never coach again.
Wrong. $100M? Chump change.

Stoops WILL coach again in 2020, for the sheepfuckers after they fire the cuckdwarf. Sheepfucking morons will pay Stoops $200M with a bonus of a billion bags of dicks since aggy has lots of dicks and money.

1bf3f46be7398b06ff790c2462af2d97.jpg986141f8cdd542485ecde423a09c8a76.jpg48e3a6cd5f7f391fe6503e336dd5caca.jpgacda131f097b4c0c23c9f23c379fe359.gif7618b927a228cb789cb38d33823a0c1d.jpgf9944242678df8c6a0ed0fe556cf00d4.jpgd3de3f65b73d82fc75bb8c6bcfdd3597.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SDG said:

Ohio State or ND are his next stop.   

I think this is possible.  BK should run from dome if he makes the playoff, while his stock is high.   His tenure there has just about run its course and he's got them about as good as he ever will.

also agree there's a good chance Riley leaves for the NFL to try his luck this year or next.  

Urban doesnt look like he will make it more than 1 more year, he looks bad.  

Wouldnt the carousel be fun if USC, tOSU, Dome, and OU all opened up at the same time?  

He'll never coach again.

Have you seen the cost of college these days? He’ll coach again once the 529 starts getting drained.