Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Oh, I'm not categorically ruling it out.  But we're also seeing Russia in a familiar tactical position -- frustrated and angry.  And blowing the fuck out of civilian structures is an engraved page in their historical playbook.

I mean, we’re talking about an opponent who negotiated cease fires for civilian evacuations and then immediately opened fire. These are not honorable people.
  • Hook 'Em 1

no cr but has any politician (Europe or US) called on citizens to sacrifice anything in order to reduce the demand on petroleum products? If it's cold, maybe put on an extra layer of clothes and let it be slightly colder inside. Or perhaps look for ways to drive less.  Nevermind, we don't do sacrifice.

The EU has already said they have enough reserves to get through the winter. That was a couple days ago.

5 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Was going to mention this at some point because i work for one of said accounting firms above -  we were notified yesterday this was being done. The exact wording was that Russia and Belarus were leaving the FIRM network.  All of these firms setup limited partnerships in each individual country.  Now many of the individual country partnerships work together and enter into joint contracts that may be terminated, but they are separately owned and operated businesses. 

Which means those groups still exist and work, they just aren't a part of the global firm network and will no longer have access to the same infrastructure. Gotta be an awkward conversation to have to tell a client that they need to pay your last invoice (in dollars only), and that we can no longer serve you because your country has invaded another and is shelling hospitals and kindergartens. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Welcome to Ukraine, where during war here, for ruskie generalissimo, instead of you command War, War commands you -- to Die!

If the morale rumors are true, having generals that close to the front to keep things moving is an obvious flaw the UA can exploit

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Prime real estate for more Bucky's!

Ackshually...Bucee's is apparently doing advance recon. They announced a new location about 15 mi south of Fort Collins just last month - expected to be the largest Bucee's in the chain. Opening 2024 for unprepared Texas invaders to stop and loot.

https://www.dailycamera.com/2022/02/04/texas-convenience-store-chain-buc-ees-plans-first-colorado-outpost-in-johnstown/

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Yurt not kidding

So, a gentleman in Kyiv found an old lamp. It had some tarnish on it, so after grabbing the brass polish and a rag, he started to polish it.

POOF! Out popped a genie!

"Master, you have freed me from the lamp! In gratitude, I shall grant you three wishes! (And no wishing for more wishes!)"

Our hero thought about this for a second, and replied, "I'd like Genghis Khan and his Mongol hordes resurrected, have them loot and pillage their way across the steppes, get to the Ukrainian border, decide they don't want the place, and go back home."

The genie clapped his hands. "DONE! What is your second wish?"

"I'd like Genghis Khan and his Mongol hordes resurrected, have them loot and pillage their way across the steppes, get to the Ukrainian border, decide they don't want the place, and go back home."

"But that was your first wish?"

"Still, I want it as my second wish, too."

"DONE! What is your third wish?"

"I want Genghis Khan and his Mongol hordes..."

The genie interrupted. "Ok, the whole jazz with Genghis and his hordes. Got it. I have to ask, though. Why?"

Our hero smiled. "He has to go through Russia six times."
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Ackshually...Bucee's is apparently doing advance recon. They announced a new location about 15 mi south of Fort Collins just last month - expected to be the largest Bucee's in the chain. Opening 2024 for unprepared Texas invaders to stop and loot.

https://www.dailycamera.com/2022/02/04/texas-convenience-store-chain-buc-ees-plans-first-colorado-outpost-in-johnstown/

I'll be in time out for going too fast and misspelling Bucee's

Dammit....

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

With the massive amount of destruction unleashed on Ukraine, at what point are reconstruction reparations a prerequisite to any negotiated settlement?

Yes, or you can use their assets held overseas. That was tried in Bosnia before everyone realized the Serbs had virtually no assets. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

no cr but has any politician (Europe or US) called on citizens to sacrifice anything in order to reduce the demand on petroleum products? If it's cold, maybe put on an extra layer of clothes and let it be slightly colder inside. Or perhaps look for ways to drive less.  Nevermind, we don't do sacrifice.

Iirc about half of full time workers age 24-65 make 30k a year or less. How much sacrificing can you ask of people barely making ends meet & don't have a pot to piss in? 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Remington announced its ammo donation to the UA in an email today and included this...

68655D4E-802B-4EB7-A8B7-EE64FE3CAE70.jpeg

Is this motto going to replace "Come and Take It" on the back of Dodge Rams?

16 minutes ago, Chopper said:

That reminded me of this old article:

Buc-ee’s: The Path to World Domination

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/buc-ees-the-path-to-world-domination/

NOW it makes sense!  Lulz.

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

Is this motto going to replace "Come and Take It" on the back of Dodge Rams?

Interesting Dodge Ram stat - Drivers with a DUI citation: 45.3 per 1,000 or the highest rate per this article. The second place finisher has been out of production since 2004.

image.png.f91897544389709b574d41e2516f1c98.png

• Like 2